[Dead] ALL GAMECUBE OWNERS: Cheap 1019 Memory Cards (New+Sealed)!!

Ramman77

CAGiversary!
gc_1019mc.jpg

This is NOT a B&M sale with a set price. I'm posting this since it's likely some of you out there will be interested in this deal, like me.

WHAT: 12+ Official Nintendo GameCube 1019 Memory Cards on auction, starting at $1. Shipping to Canada is $9.49 for first item, but only $3.95 for each additional memory card you buy.

WHO: This deal applies to everybody, whether in Canada, the US, or Jamaica. As long as you are willing to create an eBay account and be willing to buy online.

WHEN: There are various ending times. Don't worry if you didn't win one, since the guy seems to have a LOT in stock. (Keeps making new auctions every few days)

DESCRIPTION:

We all know how ridiculous prices for memory cards in Canada are. For the 1019 one, retailers sell them for $39.99+tax, which is pretty expensive. The only alternative has been third-party memory cards, which suck and are prone to corrupt.

Here is a chance for all Gamecube owners to get one of these reliable 1019 memory cards. I've been watching this seller's memory card auctions for about a week, and so far he has sold over 15 memory cards. Ending prices range from $6.50 (US) all the way up to $24.50 (US). Thus, it's a great opportunity to get one of these for cheaper than retail prices.

The seller currently has 12 of these for auction, but he seems to have a lot more, since he continues to make new auctions every 2-3 days. So, there should be enough for all of the people that are interested.

Personally, I've won two of these (at $7.50 and $12 US). This is simply a heads-up for those of you interested in getting a GameCube memory card, like me, at an affordable price.

Good luck and happy bidding!

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=1019&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&sadis=200&fpos=V3J+3B1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=the-game-haven&sa-1010=2

[quote name='6669']Did you receive them yet? Are they real (non-counterfeit)?[/quote]

already got one for $17.29 USD after shipping, so i'm fine, besides who needs more than one ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']already got one for $17.29 USD after shipping, so i'm fine, besides who needs more than one ;)[/quote]

$17.29 is a great price for a memory card :) ...WAY better than the $40 they charge here.

In fact, I went to Zellers today, and they had the card for $45! :hot:

The reason why I bought 2 was to use one as backup. I original wanted only one, since 1019 blocks is enough to hold memory for all my games, but then since it was at an affordable price, I thought I might as well get a second one to back-up my saves.

Right now I only have a 59-card (from Animal Crossing) that I use, plus this crappy no-name 251 card that I use as back-up. The third party card has corrupted twice already, so I'm totally weary of using it :lol:

[quote name='6669']Did you receive them yet? Are they real (non-counterfeit)?[/quote]

I have not received them yet. (Just paid like 2 days ago)

I've specifically asked the seller if the memory card is (1) the Official one by Nintendo, and (2) if it's counterfeit.

The reply from him was that it was indeed the Nintendo one (same as in the picture), and that it's not counterfeit. But then again, if I was selling counterfeit items, I sure as hell wouldn't say they're counterfeit heh. :lol:

Put into perspective, the guy has great feedback (over 8000+ positives), and it seems like a legitimate eBay store.

Like everything else on eBay, you have to decide for yourself if you want to: (1) Pass on this great opportunity to be 100% "safe", or
(2) Take a calculated risk (like everything else you buy online) and take advantage of the opportunity.

I'm fairly certain that it's a "real deal". I can't guaratee that it's legitimate, since I haven't received them yet, but I'll be sure to let you know once I do.

[quote name='Ramman77']$17.29 is a great price for a memory card :) ...WAY better than the $40 they charge here.

In fact, I went to Zellers today, and they had the card for $45! :hot:

The reason why I bought 2 was to use one as backup. I original wanted only one, since 1019 blocks is enough to hold memory for all my games, but then since it was at an affordable price, I thought I might as well get a second one to back-up my saves.

Right now I only have a 59-card (from Animal Crossing) that I use, plus this crappy no-name 251 card that I use as back-up. The third party card has corrupted twice already, so I'm totally weary of using it :lol:[/quote]

I know, its completely ridiculous what they charge for it, the seller probably bought them at clearance prices and is selling them off to get more now ;) Right now I have 2 official 59's (one from AC, and the other from the donkey konga guy) an official 251 card and a 3rd party 251 from hk (hasn't corrupted yet, but still) once i get the 1019 i can use the other cards for backup and japanese saves (if you load up a japanese game with a ntsc files on it, they will all be corrupted, glad I didn't need to find this out the hard way)

[quote name='maigoyume']I know, its completely ridiculous what they charge for it, the seller probably bought them at clearance prices and is selling them off to get more now ;) Right now I have 2 official 59's (one from AC, and the other from the donkey konga guy) an official 251 card and a 3rd party 251 from hk (hasn't corrupted yet, but still) once i get the 1019 i can use the other cards for backup and japanese saves (if you load up a japanese game with a ntsc files on it, they will all be corrupted, glad I didn't need to find this out the hard way)[/quote]

Damn that's a lot of memory cards! :lol:

Ya I remember they were talking about imports at GameFAQs, and indicated that you'd need 2 different memory cards to save NTSC games and JAP games.

No problem for me though, since I don't import ;) (Maybe if I learned some Japanese and could understand the language :()

[quote name='Ramman77']Damn that's a lot of memory cards! :lol:

Ya I remember they were talking about imports at GameFAQs, and indicated that you'd need 2 different memory cards to save NTSC games and JAP games.

No problem for me though, since I don't import ;) (Maybe if I learned some Japanese and could understand the language :()[/quote]

yea or else say bye to your save files lol, I rarely import, but I do need donkey konga 3 (have the first 2 as NTSC-JP so might as well)

The first party card is the only way to go, it's reliable and it fits in the game cases.

I have a Nintendo 1019, 251, 59, Animal Crossing 59 and a MadCatz 1019 but it has randomly deleted some of my save files so I don't ever dare use it anymore. I just use my 1019 now and my 251 is used for animal crossing plus taking files to friends as I can't transfer the game (I think) and I don't want to lose my good card with all my save files.

I want one of these but I dont have an eBay account. I have a Mad Catz 1019 one but it erased (corrupted) by itself once - AFTER playing through Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door :bomb:

[quote name='Rozz']I want one of these but I dont have an eBay account. I have a Mad Catz 1019 one but it erased (corrupted) by itself once - AFTER playing through Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door :bomb:[/quote] oh geez you're joking me, that game stole my soul o_O it was so awesome and it was LOOOONG

[quote name='maigoyume']
yea or else say bye to your save files lol, I rarely import, but I do need donkey konga 3 (have the first 2 as NTSC-JP so might as well)
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='amos_82']
Donkey Konga 3 is definitely worth getting. I will be buy as soon as get rid of some of my stuff on Ebay!
[/QUOTE]

Wow there's Donkey Konga 3 out in Japan? Sucks that there's only 2 in North America =\

One thing I definitely realized was how stupid the box art is for the NA versions of Donkey Konga and Donkey Konga 2. The Japanese versions look a hell of a lot better~

[quote name='Rozz']I want one of these but I dont have an eBay account. I have a Mad Catz 1019 one but it erased (corrupted) by itself once - AFTER playing through Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door[/QUOTE]

Just create one :lol:...it takes like 2 minutes!

Trust me, I was a bit apprehensive about using eBay last month, but it's actually really easy to use. I started using it myself near mid-July, and got the hang of it really quickly.

If you're interested in this deal, I'd strongly recommend taking 2-minutes out of your life to make an eBay account :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']
oh geez you're joking me, that game stole my soul o_O it was so awesome and it was LOOOONG
[/QUOTE]

Ya I remember buying Paper Mario a few month back when I was browsing Zellers and saw it actually carry the game (for $30). Immediately bought it, went home, and opened it (since I wanted to play it really bad...loved Paper Mario 64).

I regret buying it a couple days later when I realized all stores now carry the game (was impossible to find before becoming Player's Choice), and TRU had a BOGO sale on all Player's Choice games :(

On another note, I lost my save file by accident (only about 3-4 hours into it...just defeated that dragon thing in Ch.1). :lol: I was transfering the file into my back-up 251 (no-name) memory card, from my crap-memory 59 (animal crossing) memory card, and accidently select deleated instead of copy :lol:

I blame the stupid 59-block memory card for having such low memory!

[quote name='reallynotnick'] The first party card is the only way to go, it's reliable and it fits in the game cases.

I have a Nintendo 1019, 251, 59, Animal Crossing 59 and a MadCatz 1019 but it has randomly deleted some of my save files so I don't ever dare use it anymore. I just use my 1019 now and my 251 is used for animal crossing plus taking files to friends as I can't transfer the game (I think) and I don't want to lose my good card with all my save files.
[/QUOTE]

I'd strongly recommend a 1019 memory card as well. Those MAX memory 2000+ block cards or other third party 1019 memory cards may be a lot cheaper, but they're cheaper for a reason. I've heard they have inferior compression algorithms, and hence is more likely to "screw up" when saving.

Just to let others know:

So far, since I posted this thread, 2 of these memory card auctions have ended.

Both of their ending price is $11.57 US, which is incredibly cheap!

Hurry up and get yours today~ :lol:

[quote name='Ramman77']I'm fairly certain that it's a "real deal". I can't guaratee that it's legitimate, since I haven't received them yet, but I'll be sure to let you know once I do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check this thread to see.

Also, does anyone know if the Wii uses GC memory cards for GC games?

The Wii doess. The Wii has a GC built into it. Hass all the controler things and the slots.

The better question is can I use a SD card to save GC games to on my Wii?

[quote name='David85']The Wii doess. The Wii has a GC built into it. Hass all the controler things and the slots.

The better question is can I use a SD card to save GC games to on my Wii?[/quote]

I was wondering about that as well, this might not be a valid comparison since its a different company, but the ps2 won't let you use its memory cards to save ps1 games, which IMO is completely retarded, oh well i don't own a ps2 so i don't care ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']I was wondering about that as well, this might not be a valid comparison since its a different company, but the ps2 won't let you use its memory cards to save ps1 games, which IMO is completely retarded, oh well i don't own a ps2 so i don't care ;)[/QUOTE]
And now you have to buy a converter to convert the PS2 data to work on the PS3 (or something like that).

SMALL UPDATE:

Number of 1019 Memory Cards remaining for auction:

4 (At the time of this post)

Next auction ending date:

TODAY: August 16, 13:10 (EDT)

Number of 1019 Memory Cards auctions that have ended:

8 (Since the start of this thread, otherwise 24 since I've started watching)

Ending prices of the Memory Cards that have been sold since the time of this thread:

$11.57 (6 bids)
$11.57 (7 bids)
$15.50 (5 bids)
$14.50 (5 bids)
$10.50 (5 bids)
$16.00 (13 bids)
$17.12 (14 bids)
$15.09 (10 bids)

The store that sells these is about 30 minutes away from where I live. They're a small gamestore, but they have a lot of product, so I'm assuming these are legit. I'd have to pay sales tax on it though....the bastards.

Reality's Fringe;2123712]The store that sells these is about 30 minutes away from where I live. They're a small gamestore said:
Ya taxes sux...no taxes is supposed to be one of the advantages of buying online :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the update! I think it makes people feel a bit more comfortable.

Of course, I'm still going to confirm if these are legit once I receive them. (Don't know if they'll still be selling them on eBay though)

[quote name='Ramman77']SMALL UPDATE:

Number of 1019 Memory Cards remaining for auction:

4 (At the time of this post)

Next auction ending date:

TODAY: August 16, 13:10 (EDT)

Number of 1019 Memory Cards auctions that have ended:

8 (Since the start of this thread, otherwise 24 since I've started watching)

Ending prices of the Memory Cards that have been sold since the time of this thread:

$11.57 (6 bids)
$11.57 (7 bids)
$15.50 (5 bids)
$14.50 (5 bids)
$10.50 (5 bids)
$16.00 (13 bids)
$17.12 (14 bids)
$15.09 (10 bids)[/quote]

wow, looks like my deal was really good

[quote name='maigoyume']I was wondering about that as well, this might not be a valid comparison since its a different company, but the ps2 won't let you use its memory cards to save ps1 games, which IMO is completely retarded, oh well i don't own a ps2 so i don't care ;)[/QUOTE]

You actually can store PS1 save files on your 8meg PS2 memory card... but the PS1 games cannot read from PS2 memory cards. You have to copy the data from the PS1 card to the PS2 card in the PS2 browser. I think each PS1 file takes 8-10kb

I've been using my PS2 memory card as a backup for all of my PS1 files for years now.

[quote name='Bean_Bandit']You actually can store PS1 save files on your 8meg PS2 memory card... but the PS1 games cannot read from PS2 memory cards. You have to copy the data from the PS1 card to the PS2 card in the PS2 browser. I think each PS1 file takes 8-10kb

I've been using my PS2 memory card as a backup for all of my PS1 files for years now.[/quote]

oh thats pretty cool, didn't know that

My memory cards finally came in the mail today. :D

I bought two memory cards from this seller, and they arrived in great condition, and the items were packaged really well.

They were the official Nintendo memory cards, same as if you went out and purchased it at a local retail store.

I also bought Skies of Arcadia Legends from this seller, for $18 US + shipping. That arrived in absolute perfect condition, so I was very happy about that.

As for his memory card auctions, I haven't really been following them. When I took a look just now, it seems all of them are gone and he's out of stock.

So, I guess this post is for those of you that won an auction for a memory card, so that you can breathe a little easier. ;)

bread's done
Back