(DEAD) Amazon DotD (11/13): Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] - $18.99

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DEAD

For today only, Amazon has a fantastic price for Firefly on Blu-ray. They have it for just $18.99 which is about the cheapest I've seen it sell for.

LINK

They also have the DVD version for $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']For today only, Amazon has a fantastic price for Firefly on Blu-ray. They have it for just $18.99 which is about the cheapest I've seen it sell for.

LINK

They also have the DVD version for $14.99[/QUOTE]

Bought it finally people have been bugging me to watch it.

So, I have seen this on Instant Netflix and loved it. But this was only like 6 months ago. Just got a good tv, and a blu-ray player.

Any opinions on whether it is worth $19 to pick it up to watch so soon, with better quality and bonus features (obviously I haven't seen bonus features)?

Hmmm.

I didn't care for the movie. Been thinking about getting the TV set as a gift for someone that actually really liked this.

It's on Netflix though. So even at $18.99 I'm kind of mixed if I should bother getting it.

[quote name='iso135']So, I have seen this on Instant Netflix and loved it. But this was only like 6 months ago. Just got a good tv, and a blu-ray player.

Any opinions on whether it is worth $19 to pick it up to watch so soon, with better quality and bonus features (obviously I haven't seen bonus features)?[/QUOTE]

I know it's on Netflix, but is the netflix stream in HD? I can't tell on the website and can't log into my PS3 to check more definintively. Looking at it now it might not be HD because there's no mention of HD under the Firefly series, but on the page for MadMen it mentions "available in HD".

To me I guess that is where I would draw the line. If it's on Netflix in HD, then I would just stick with that. Otherwise go for the blu-ray (and I'm aware that Netflix lacks full 1080P and uncompressed audio, but for a TV show usually just the fact it's HD streaming would be good enough for me).

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Netflix "HD" is just about DVD quality[/QUOTE]

It's definitely better than DVD or SD cable. Although I realize it's only 720P and other sacrifices are being made vs blu-ray (different compression).

For me though if it's on Netflix I usually skip the blu-ray, especially for a TV series. I was definitely happy with their quality on Walking Dead and Mad Men - and for that reason no need to buy the blu-rays on those.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I know it's on Netflix, but is the netflix stream in HD? I can't tell on the website and can't log into my PS3 to check more definintively. Looking at it now it might not be HD because there's no mention of HD under the Firefly series, but on the page for MadMen it mentions "available in HD".

To me I guess that is where I would draw the line. If it's on Netflix in HD, then I would just stick with that. Otherwise go for the blu-ray (and I'm aware that Netflix lacks full 1080P and uncompressed audio, but for a TV show usually just the fact it's HD streaming would be good enough for me).[/QUOTE]

Netflix doesn't have it in HD. You're better off getting a bluray copy even if you have Netflix.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Netflix "HD" is just about DVD quality[/QUOTE]

That's definitely not true. The quality varies between what content you're watching (a few will be crappy quality in HD), but from my experience it's far better than DVD quality.

[quote name='sunghost']

That's definitely not true. The quality varies between what content you're watching (a few will be crappy quality in HD), but from my experience it's far better than DVD quality.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Agent Orange']It's definitely better than DVD or SD cable. Although I realize it's only 720P and other sacrifices are being made vs blu-ray (different compression).

[/QUOTE]

Must be my connection then. The HD movies/shows I watch on Netflix are most definitely not even 720p in quality

For instance: You can choose 720p on Vudu for movies, but while it looks great...the video skips the whole time. If I choose the 1080p option, it's nearly unplayable.

So I suppose it's my connection. Big time bummer...

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Must be my connection then. The HD movies/shows I watch on Netflix are most definitely not even 720p in quality

For instance: You can choose 720p on Vudu for movies, but while it looks great...the video skips the whole time. If I choose the 1080p option, it's nearly unplayable.

So I suppose it's my connection. Big time bummer...[/QUOTE]

The main problem I have with netflix is that the audio is out of sync for a decent portion of their content. I've encountered at least 1 or 2 episodes out of seach series that were out of sync for most of the TV shows I've tried to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
would bite (damn tempting too) but I already have two copies on DVD minus a disk four that a DOG decided to calm his nerves on during a storm...

[quote name='Rarenomad']Deal appears to be dead, showing as $62.99 :(
[/QUOTE]

Good God! How does this show sell for so much? Im even happier now for getting it cheaper

This show is regularly $25. Expect a sub-$18 pricetag during Black Friday. Anyone remember all seasons of Weeds on blu for $9, and Mad Men on blu for $8 last year? yeah. this show is gonna be back, no doubt about it.

bread's done
Back