[DEAD] Amazon DotD: Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Collector's Set $70

Great series. Would get it if I didn't already have the individual seasons.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_P8AAgWJw[/MEDIA]

geez I am trying not to spend any money because I am saving up for black friday and gifts for the holiday season, but with all these great games, movies and deals coming out I am going to be broke before it even hits black friday.

Thanks OP, I gave in and ordered, can't pass it up for that price

I was mad when I missed it the last time it was a lightning deal, but this price is better than ever. In for one! I wonder how long they can keep it in stock at this price.

I paid 40 bucks a season the day these come out. If you do not have the show in its entirety. Get to the chopper and buy it now!

[quote name='Weedy649']I may bite but never watched an episode in my life :/

[/QUOTE]

same so i am still on the fence about getting this

Well, I bit (no pun intended)... I got into the show late in its life, bought season 1, but never really went back through it... I figure I'll likely never see a significantly better deal, and even with a possible eventual Bluray release sometime in the future it would be a very, very long time until it was this cheap....

(ugh, I'm going broke!)

[quote name='Weedy649']I may bite but never watched an episode in my life :/[/quote]
My wife and I are big fans of both Angel and Firefly/Serenity, but we've never seen a solitary episode of Buffy, so I'm looking forward to diving into this.

At such a sweet price there was no way I could pass this one up.

Now just gotta find a great deal on the full series of Angel.

ARGH!!! I am certain my wife would kill me if I got this, even though I know I could more than pay for it selling my individual sets. I...can't...do it.

Edit: I should probably mention that my wife hates Buffy, and refuses to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, I'm trying to save money. I'm a big fan of Angel and at the very least the first three seasons will cover his intro, so I had to get it.

I wouldn't really expect a Bluray release of this either, since the show was shot in 4:3 for sdtvs and Whedon refuses to letterbox it.

[quote name='Burningsoul9152']I wouldn't really expect a Bluray release of this either, since the show was shot in 4:3 for sdtvs and Whedon refuses to letterbox it.[/quote]
The whole series? Angel was filmed in 4:3 for the first season, then switched to 16:9 for the second season and after. I'd be surprised if Buffy didn't change at the same time.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The whole series? Angel was filmed in 4:3 for the first season, then switched to 16:9 for the second season and after. I'd be surprised if Buffy didn't change at the same time.[/quote]

I'm not 100% positive about every season, I've only seen the first three. I just recall hearing an official message about that before, but maybe it was only for the earlier seasons.

From Wiki:
Beginning in season four, the Region 2 and 4 DVDs include a widescreen (16:9) version of the television show. The Region 1 DVDs include the standard format (4:3) version, which is identical to the broadcast version.

The reason for this difference is that the Region 2 and 4 DVDs were released before the Region 1 DVDs, with less oversight from Mutant Enemy Productions. When the Region 1 DVDs were released, Joss Whedon decided that they should not have the widescreen version, because the show was directed and filmed for a 4:3 ratio. The extra material in the widescreen versions is never important for the plot, although it gives additional views of the sets and backgrounds.

Strange. I could understand the decision if the episodes were actually filmed at a 4:3 ratio, and the widescreen version was created by slicing off the top and bottom of the picture. But the quote implies that they were filmed in 16:9, then pan-and-scanned for television. I don't know why you wouldn't want to use the 16:9 originals if they existed, but I guess Whedon knows best.

You can still get it from Deep Discount for $90 with the 25% sale ($120 before discount). It goes in and out of stock but is in stock right now. I bought it last week and am quite happy about paying $90. Of course, that Amazon $70 is incredible.

[quote name='Old Negus']You can still get it from Deep Discount for $90 with the 25% sale ($120 before discount). It goes in and out of stock but is in stock right now. I bought it last week and am quite happy about paying $90. Of course, that Amazon $70 is incredible.[/QUOTE]

$70 was incredible or an even better $60 if you used the Bill me Later promotion.

bread's done
Back