[Dead] Amazon DotD: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Collector's Edition for 360 $44.99

[quote name='Rounders55']What's with these CoD4 deals? It's not like they aren't selling.[/QUOTE]

COD comes out every year so they gotta move the merch before 5 comes out.
Just like Madden and Tony Hawk.

Anybody have the CE that can comment on the quality/depth of the extras, in particular the "making of" content? Is it a series of superficial 3-minute trailers or is it more like an in-depth documentary?

Update: for those who already have the non-CE and are wondering if this is worth it, in addition to the comments below, I found this on IGN:
"The Collector's Edition gets a big thumbs down for its presentation. This is just a box with stuff jammed in it. The only real value is in the SAS documentaries. If those don't interest you, then save ten bucks and pick up the regular edition."
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/838/838081p4.html

Bleh, the extras are nothing special. Day of release, I got that came home & opened it. An extra $10 spent for a shiny cardboard box, because the actual game is just the regular one thrown inside :| an artbook, which wasn't that interesting & they should be up on the charlieoscardelta.com site anyway & a DVD which, as with most other LE DVDs, just comes with trailers & other crap.

What really pissed me off on spending $70 for nothing was when I went to the Gamefaqs boards & saw all these topics about the Circuit City $30 pricing error. So I quickly put everything back, went back to CC, returned it & walked back out with my $30 regular copy :)

The COD4:CE is alright - probably worth an extra $5 or so for fans of the series. The game itself is absolutely stellar. There's a level in there that I'd say is quite possibly the best FPS level ever.

seppo

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Bleh, the extras are nothing special. Day of release, I got that came home & opened it. An extra $10 spent for a shiny cardboard box, because the actual game is just the regular one thrown inside :| an artbook, which wasn't that interesting & they should be up on the charlieoscardelta.com site anyway & a DVD which, as with most other LE DVDs, just comes with trailers & other crap.

What really pissed me off on spending $70 for nothing was when I went to the Gamefaqs boards & saw all these topics about the Circuit City $30 pricing error. So I quickly put everything back, went back to CC, returned it & walked back out with my $30 regular copy :)[/quote]

Thanks. So how, great master, does one return an open game to Circuit City - which does declare "Opened software, music, games, and movies may be exchanged for the same title only." ???

Already have one of the regular and collectors, but just ordered this one too (leaving sealed as a back up). i originally bought the collectors and with the connection problems in dec, i thought it was my disc, so i bought the regular on sale. now my regular is getting kind of scratched from so much use, so i need another i guess. thanks op, i can at least have it for the collection sealed at worst.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']Already have one of the regular and collectors, but just ordered this one too (leaving sealed as a back up). i originally bought the collectors and with the connection problems in dec, i thought it was my disc, so i bought the regular on sale. now my regular is getting kind of scratched from so much use, so i need another i guess. thanks op, i can at least have it for the collection sealed at worst.[/quote]

If your game is scratching from just regular play then you will have a disc drive failure soon. The problem only gets worse and worse. If your warranty is almost up then I would call it in now. I had this happen to me.

Thanks OP! Have been gearing up to pull the plug on a bunch of deals lately but had to get this one. Another package for my wife to say something:shame::headache:

[quote name='opportunity777']I already have the 360 version, but I really want this LE. Is the PS3 version better than the 360 one?[/quote]

What PS3 version of anything is better than on the 360? hehe

[quote name='neushane']If your game is scratching from just regular play then you will have a disc drive failure soon. The problem only gets worse and worse. If your warranty is almost up then I would call it in now. I had this happen to me.

Thanks OP! Have been gearing up to pull the plug on a bunch of deals lately but had to get this one. Another package for my wife to say something:shame::headache:[/QUOTE]

This is refurb #1 for me and it has been fine so far *knocking on wood*. I plan on getting an elite sometime in the near future (i have enough games now that i need the larger hard drive and i love that black look), but i have to hope it doesn't actually die on me, at least not anytime soon.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. So how, great master, does one return an open game to Circuit City - which does declare "Opened software, music, games, and movies may be exchanged for the same title only." ???[/quote]

uhhh ... and that's what he did?

I would pick this up if I knew I could sell my regular one for the same price as this ...

[quote name='strikeratt']uhhh ... and that's what he did?
[/quote]

What he implied he did is bring back his opened $70 CE, and walk out with a new regular edition (a different SKU) for $30, getting $40 back. Is that an exchange? So they won't let me return my opened $60 Mass Effect, but they will let me exchange it for a $1 Pepsi and give me $59 back? Cool...

I'm alredy in on this one!

This deal's way better than the TRU.com one

Good luck I couldn't get that one, now I'll have the collector's edition, hell yeah!

[quote name='thorbahn3']COD comes out every year so they gotta move the merch before 5 comes out.
Just like Madden and Tony Hawk.[/quote]

Thanks true but the guys that are making CoD5 is the same group that made CoD3 :nottalking: . Also they are going to go back into the greatness that is a WWII FPS and lose this concept of modern Warefare.

Now CoD6 will be made by Infinity Ward again and will be modern. So I have a feeling that people will pass on CoD5 (like me unless they do a complete overhaul) and stick with CoD4 until another Infinity ward one comes out.

I got this when Amazon had it for $39.99 and it is some of the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. I did nothing but play single player when I first got it and loved the campaign. It wasn't the longest, but I actually liked the length and enjoyed the story. There was one mission (actually 2 back to back) that were probably the best FPS levels that I'd ever played.

Now I'm hooked on the online multi and it never gets old.

I'm debating jumping on this versus gameflying it. I'm not a real big online gamer. I could probably get everything I need from the game in a few weeks. But this is a pretty good deal.

bread's done
Back