[DEAD] Amazon DotD: Harry Potter 1-5 Blu-ray and Gift Set $56.99 ea

Great deal. I was going to get it at deepdiscount with the sale, but they just jacked up their prices. This is a better deal.

I'm still on the fence. I guess I'm hoping that when the next couple of movies are released that the price of the 1-5 box set will plunge.

dunno.. i had the old hd dvd set but sold it off some time ago... probably for around this same price... i said i would end up picking it up again one day.. but is there a better deal anywhere?

figures they do this amazing deal when i don't have enough $$ to spare.. goddamnit

EDIT- never mind the limited set is DVD, i thought it was bluray :(

warner discontinued the limited old bluray set and reissued it as a standard years 1-5 set

I may just pick them up again on hd dvd at $3 a movie from inet... not sure yet.

Are the movies in individual blu-ray cases in the blu-ray set, or is it one of those annoying fold-out cardboard digipack things?

found this:

hp.jpg

heard they're slim cases tho...still had to bite

I am a massive movie fan, watch about 3 movies a day and live and breath movies ... yet I haven't watched any of the harry potter movies ??????? I know I can't explain it that much . But to be honest I wasn't a big fan of fantasy movies, now thanks to LOTR I am .

I am getting this now that it dropped to 56 ! LIKE NOW !

Cool, thanks. I don't so much mind slim cases (shelf space is a commodity at this point, so I'm actually good with them). I just hate the cardboard digipack packaging because if it breaks (or arrives broken, as I've had happen a few times), there's no replacing it.

I'd be all over this if I didn't already have the bluray gift set. I'd probably rather have the regular set because I don't like the slim cases in the gift set. I might consider selling mine and just pick this up. If anybody's interested, PM me. Probably looking for about $75 shipped. It's like new, never been watched.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I'd be all over this if I didn't already have the bluray gift set. I'd probably rather have the regular set because I don't like the slim cases in the gift set. I might consider selling mine and just pick this up. If anybody's interested, PM me. Probably looking for about $75 shipped. It's like new, never been watched.[/QUOTE]

Um . . . see above. This is probably in slim cases too.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I'd be all over this if I didn't already have the bluray gift set. I'd probably rather have the regular set because I don't like the slim cases in the gift set. I might consider selling mine and just pick this up. If anybody's interested, PM me. Probably looking for about $75 shipped. It's like new, never been watched.[/QUOTE]

Also, the fact that (today at least) they are on sale at $56.99 compared to your $75 and they are new and from Amazon instead of used (and I do believe they are like new my friend), thats not a good deal at all. Don't think you'll get any bidders for that here on CAG, but I don't know much about different sets and what not, all I buy is if the movie is there and how cheap I can get em. I never watch special features or care much for Blu-ray/DVD differences.

Still debating whether I should buy this or not, since the standard dvd collections is $30 on Amazon new as well. Do I really care that much about this Blu-ray versions (they do look better on my LCD) or should I just wait for the complete set of all movies.

[quote name='arcane93']Um . . . see above. This is probably in slim cases too.[/QUOTE]

The two responses I saw seemed to indicate the bluray boxset was just the regular bluray cases in a box. That's also what the picture implies to me.

[quote name='nightmare452']Also, the fact that (today at least) they are on sale at $56.99 compared to your $75 and they are new and from Amazon instead of used (and I do believe they are like new my friend), thats not a good deal at all. Don't think you'll get any bidders for that here on CAG, but I don't know much about different sets and what not, all I buy is if the movie is there and how cheap I can get em. I never watch special features or care much for Blu-ray/DVD differences.

Still debating whether I should buy this or not, since the standard dvd collections is $30 on Amazon new as well. Do I really care that much about this Blu-ray versions (they do look better on my LCD) or should I just wait for the complete set of all movies.[/QUOTE]

I have the bluray gift set, which is not on sale for $57. Amazon has that for $85, so you'd be saving $10 on a practically brand new item.

[quote name='nightmare452']Also, the fact that (today at least) they are on sale at $56.99 compared to your $75 and they are new and from Amazon instead of used (and I do believe they are like new my friend), thats not a good deal at all. Don't think you'll get any bidders for that here on CAG, but I don't know much about different sets and what not, all I buy is if the movie is there and how cheap I can get em. I never watch special features or care much for Blu-ray/DVD differences.

Still debating whether I should buy this or not, since the standard dvd collections is $30 on Amazon new as well. Do I really care that much about this Blu-ray versions (they do look better on my LCD) or should I just wait for the complete set of all movies.[/QUOTE]

i am also debating, although i can definitely see the difference between dvd/BD. i will never go back to DVD after watching BDs on my 1080p 37" tv (i have a small room).

our other choice is to get the HD-DVD versions on inetvideo.com for 21$ all together. i think itll cost 25$ to get them through the red2blu program. 45$ for the set in that case....

I really do want to change over from my HD-DVD set to this.
However, I just just can't do it.
I have a feeling those "ultimate" editions Amazon has up for preorder( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20 ), are NOT just the same thing with bonus movie cash.
Let's not forget, next week Warner is re-releasing "300" with BD-Live support, and I imagine several other BD3.0 features. For those of us who like the PIP functionality of the HD-DVD version.
I have a feeling they will be doing the same thing with the first 6 Potter movies once the newest film comes out on blu ray. So as much as it pains me to pass this up, I'm just going to have to wait until December, and hope all 6 movies are re-released with updated BD3.0 functionality.

That being said, I may still talk myself into getting these now, and selling them in a few months if the ultimate versions do end up having more features.

i thought about it, but decided to wait for full collection deal couple years later. this one's slim case which won't look that good along with the future sequels.

I was just looking at this 2 or so days ago, so with a discount like that, I had to take it. I really hope they're normal Blu-Ray cases. If not, oh well, seems like a good deal anyway

That said, All I want is for my Blu-Ray collection to look consistent like my console games do!

[quote name='sunnysky']I really do want to change over from my HD-DVD set to this.
However, I just just can't do it.
I have a feeling those "ultimate" editions Amazon has up for preorder( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20 ), are NOT just the same thing with bonus movie cash.
Let's not forget, next week Warner is re-releasing "300" with BD-Live support, and I imagine several other BD3.0 features. For those of us who like the PIP functionality of the HD-DVD version.
I have a feeling they will be doing the same thing with the first 6 Potter movies once the newest film comes out on blu ray. So as much as it pains me to pass this up, I'm just going to have to wait until December, and hope all 6 movies are re-released with updated BD3.0 functionality.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing the "ultimate" editions out -- I hadn't been paying enough attention to know about them. Based on those, I decided to skip this for now. I'm fucking sick of the studios double-dipping on DVD/Blu releases, and don't want to support it. I'd be pissed if I bought this and then an extended version or something came out a few months later. So I'll just wait and see what those are -- I'm sure this isn't the last time that there's a deal like this on them anyway.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if they were making these cheap specifically to get rid of them before the new editions come out and these become worth a lot less.

bread's done
Back