(DEAD) Amazon DotD: The Mel Brooks 9-Film Collection [Blu-ray] - $28.99

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon's Deal of the Day is ridiculously good. They have the Mel Brooks Blu-ray collection for just $28.99 ($109.99 SRP). That's for 9 movies, so that's $3.22 each! This is the repackaged edition which comes in a giant amaray case, which is more standard compared to older big coffee table book one.

LINK

41eDXS2NALL._AA300_.jpg

Includes:

• Blazing Saddles
  • Spaceballs
  • Young Frankenstein
  • High Anxiety
  • History Of The World Part 1
  • Robin Hood: Men In Tights
  • Silent Movie
  • To Be Or Not To Be
  • The Twelve Chairs

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting. I've only seen Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, and Robin Hood Men in Tights. Are the others worth a blind buy?

Side note: I hate unboxing videos that are some random guy staring at the camera and holding up the item. I wish everyone would just focus the camera on a tabletop with the product being the only thing in the shot.

I haven't seen the others myself, but I hear they're very funny, especially Blazing Saddles. That vid was just the first I found with the slimmer packaging. Not sure if there are any others/better ones.

edit: nope lol, looks like he's the only one that has done an unboxing of this re-release

[quote name='ssjmichael']I haven't seen the others myself, but I hear they're very funny, especially Blazing Saddles. That vid was just the first I found with the slimmer packaging. Not sure if there are any others/better ones.

edit: nope lol, looks like he's the only one that has done an unboxing of this re-release[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finding one period. I almost deleted that side note on the off-chance that was actually your video. Would never want to offend a fellow CAG :)

[quote name='WingsDJY']Thanks for finding one period. I almost deleted that side note on the off-chance that was actually your video. Would never want to offend a fellow CAG :)[/QUOTE]

Off topic but I dont really like that either. And even more off topic...what really gets me is when people use a picture of themselves for an avatar. I'm going to come off as a shallow prick here but I always find it annoying when unattractive people do that. I mean unless you're extremely attractive I just don't think you should do it.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Tempting. I've only seen Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, and Robin Hood Men in Tights. Are the others worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

Blazing Saddles is classic. You can't go wrong with Gene Wilder.

Damn, I wonder if the copy I bought from Best Buy for 43 is within the return period.

Thank you for posting that unboxing video! Sucks that it doesn't come with the nice book, but I'll take amaray case over cardboard sleeves any day.

Wish I had waited before buying this about a year ago when it was a DotW for ~$36. Haven't even opened it yet.

There are some notable omissions from this set but overall this is high quality and an essential part of a movie collection if you consider yourself a fan of Mel Brooks (and who the heck isn't? It's good to be the King!)

Thank you SOOOO much OP. I have been eyeballing this for so long but 80 bucks was out of the question. I already own blazing saddles, and spaceballs and the only other 2 i like are history of the world and men in tights, but heck for this price i gladly pulled the trigger and will just ebay my current spaceballs and blazing saddles blu's. AWESOME price!!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Nice set, but I can't stand movies not being in alphabetical order on my shelf, so I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Just... just stick them in the "M" section

This is a great time for anyone that already has some of these movies on DVD to pick up this set as well. Those DVDs would be good candidates for being taken in to Best Buy for the upgrade and save program ;)

I bought this set back when it was $36 as well, and it is well worth the money. The audio and video quality are both pretty decent, and unlike the DVD box set the BD set also includes Spaceballs. The Twelve Chairs doesn't really do it for me, but everything else is pretty solid. I just wish that The Producers was available on Blu Ray (I can do without Life Stinks and Dracula).

So if anyone's awake and reading this, you should pick it up (didn't realize what time it was when I started this post :D )

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This is a great time for anyone that already has some of these movies on DVD to pick up this set as well. Those DVDs would be good candidates for being taken in to Best Buy for the upgrade and save program ;)

I bought this set back when it was $36 as well, and it is well worth the money. The audio and video quality are both pretty decent, and unlike the DVD box set the BD set also includes Spaceballs. The Twelve Chairs doesn't really do it for me, but everything else is pretty solid. I just wish that The Producers was available on Blu Ray (I can do without Life Stinks and Dracula).

So if anyone's awake and reading this, you should pick it up (didn't realize what time it was when I started this post :D )[/QUOTE]

What an amazing fucking deal. I bought the giant book version for $46.99 a while back on Amazon. I wish I would have held out for this deal. Amazing price at $3.22 per movie.

I enjoyed twelve chairs, but I don't really have a feeling I'll ever watch it again. I could watch Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, etc over and over every single day if I had the time.

I really wish The Producers was on bluray also. I have it on DVD, but I would definitely double dip.

I have Life Stinks on my DVR. Is it so bad that I should just delete it?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
I have Life Stinks on my DVR. Is it so bad that I should just delete it?[/QUOTE]
If not for Dracula Dead and Loving It, it would be his worst film. That being said, it's kind of a social commentary about the wealthy and the poor - but it just kind of falls flat. It's worth seeing because it's a Mel Brooks film, but there's a reason why I can't bring myself to spend the money on either of those two films to add to my collection.

Besides the book not being a part of this re-release, is any of the digital content missing? How are the featurettes, commentaries, bts, etc? Is Mel Brooks the type of director that gives blu-ray releases his all or is more of a Spielberg type?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']Besides the book not being a part of this re-release, is any of the digital content missing? How are the featurettes, commentaries, bts, etc? Is Mel Brooks the type of director that gives blu-ray releases his all or is more of a Spielberg type?[/QUOTE]
Same exact discs, just they come in an amaray case instead of cardboard sleeves. Here's a review talking about the special features and commentaries: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Mel-Brooks-Collection-Blu-ray/7110/#Review

bread's done
Back