DEAD-Amazon Get up to 30% off pre-orders

banksst

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the response I got...

Hello from Amazon.ca,

I understand your concern regarding 30% promotion for the items you have ordered.

The price of the item listed on our website is after deducting 15% discount.

When we offer a discount on an item, we display the item's list price with a horizontal slash through it--a visual demonstration of how we "slash" prices on thousands of titles on our web site.

I see that the additional 15% discount has been applied to your order. The 30% discount includes 15% of discount over the list price for each item+15% promotion applied to the order cost.

For your reference, here is the order cost details:
Subtotal: CDN$ 165.72
Total Promotions Applied: - CDN$ 29.83
GST: CDN$ 17.67
PST: CDN$ 0.00

Order Total: CDN$ 153.56

This CDN$ 29.83(15%) promotion + 15% of discounted item cost of each item in the order makes up 30% discount.

You can also see the eligible promotional items in the following link:

http://amzn.to/1mxQJar%C2
Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less.

Yeah that's how it works, and is the expected response. You shouldn't be surprised, positive results were pure luck.

I've been waiting 3 days for a response on a order where I dropped in 3 qualifying games (plus the Persona Q LE), and -did not- get the checkout promotional discount. At all. Whilst waiting around I dropped a nearly identical order in with BB, so I don't care too much if Amazon doesn't come though. I'm just getting annoyed at the wait for what should be a simple fix.

"Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less."

Amazon and BB basically had majority of their games at the same prices. Amazon had Pokemon's Ruby and Sapphire for $44.99 - 15% during the promo. 

Meaning? Gonna need some context, because some of us only got 15% and are looking to get that additional 15% discounted.
This is what I got in response to my complaint letter, basically asserting that the sale was a total bait and switch, and that half of the titles included in their pre-order section (linked from the main page) inexplicably are not included in the promotion on the front end, or the back end (i.e. 0% discount).

"

Hello from Amazon.ca,

I understand your concern regarding 30% promotion for the items you have ordered under order #.

I have reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I offer my sincere apologies for any misunderstandings thus far.

I see that, a colleague of mine is personally following with this issue with your order and will get back to you via email with the information regarding the promotion on or before June 17, 2014.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Once again, I'm truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this level of service. I hope that you will honor us with another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.ca is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Paul V."

I also got a letter similar to Syn, except that only 3-4 out of my 12 games got the "discount". That was what prompted me to first cancel, then send the complaint.

I also got a letter similar to Syn, except that only 3-4 out of my 12 games got the "discount". That was what prompted me to first cancel, then send the complaint.
Ya, shady business practices. That's why I made majority of my orders at bestbuy and just cancel the ones here. Would definitely order anywhere else before amazon from now on.

"Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less."

Amazon and BB basically had majority of their games at the same prices. Amazon had Pokemon's Ruby and Sapphire for $44.99 - 15% during the promo.
When I was checking the site during the sales, BB was almost always at $69.99 for their games. For some reason, the way Amazon was applying discounts was about $10 cheaper for me.

I tried arguing that the game showed it's price, and then directly below that it clearly said "up to 30%" off (I provided a screenshot of a game from a few days ago). They still didn't budge.

Not huge, I got the 30% off at the end of the day ($136 before taxes). That's about $45 per game. Most games retail for $70 now (in Canada) so I'm already saying $25. Not to mention I ordered NHL 15 Ultimate Edition which I believe retailing for $79.99 (?). I will probably try to sell off the DLC codes that comes with that to make $10-20 extra.

Ya, shady business practices. That's why I made majority of my orders at bestbuy and just cancel the ones here. Would definitely order anywhere else before amazon from now on.
I also insinuated that they're basically digging their own graves by pissing gamers off with this sale. Since normally large corps don't really care about the loss of a sale here or there because most people will just buy anyway. But I personally cancelled a 1000$ order. Now, if there are a bunch of people doing that, then that starts to hurt.

They probably won't learn a thing from this, but like you said, I certainly won't be using them for a pre-order in the future.

Not allowing certain games like Akiba's Trip and co prompt me to not do their offer. At least Best Buy allowed me to save some cash on it.

Ya amazon kinda sucked with some games like PvZ:GW which i would've loved to get at 30% off but oh well amazon still had some pretty awesome discounts on some of their games that still made it the best place for me to pre-order my games at, I got 6 games

I'm happy. Amazon honored the $279 plus tax Xbox One without Kinect. I have Dragon Age,  Master Chief collection coming this fall along with Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS.   

If you took advantage of the pricing error on games like Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, etc. then the Amazon deal comes off pretty good. All in all it was a decent promotion, but man they were making mistakes left right and center. I bet they are still kicking themselves over that >$300 Xbone

Most of the games announced like Uncharted 4 and co, usually drop in price over time. My priority was for games from companies like Nintendo, where they rarely go down and the only option is to wait for retailers to drop them. Niche games too, as those become hard to find physically over time.

A lot of the Nintendo games announced were eShop or low-priced games like Mario Maker, that Toad game, or Splatoon. I pre-ordered Yoshi's Whooly World for $50, got Smash Bros for $45 at BB and that's it... was going to try Hyrule Warriors but I feel like that will drop in price by the time I can get to it.

Meant games like Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and co that are 3DS exclusives. Those were priced at $44.99.

Wow, nagging Amazon worked! That last order I tossed down with the Persona Q LE in it got corrected, and I'm getting it for $56 :D

Just checked, and I still haven't gotten a response since Friday. It's funny, because they said this in their last e-mail:

"We're real people who care about your experience and we're happy to help you in any way we can."

lol.

Just checked, and I still haven't gotten a response since Friday. It's funny, because they said this in their last e-mail:

"We're real people who care about your experience and we're happy to help you in any way we can."

lol.
The best we can hope for is when they lose 20k-100k in purchases because their sale was such a joke, that they actually learn from it.

I can't see that happening. I got random discounts on everything I ordered through them, it just took varying amounts of customer service nagging. When I ordered several things I fully expected not to get discounted.

Certainly not everybody got that, but they shouldn't have expected broken prices. Also Amazon is great at actually fulfilling the broken prices they *did* hand out. So I can't see this being some sort of PR nightmare.

Wow, nagging Amazon worked! That last order I tossed down with the Persona Q LE in it got corrected, and I'm getting it for $56 :D
Same here... Except it worked out to Akiba's Trip being 15$ and Persona Q full price.

I'm trying to do the math on my side and I still can't quite figure it out. My own 15% off numbers are always a bit bigger than the corrected order. Oh well!

You're even lucky to get Akiba's Trip or the CE for Persona Q at a lower price to begin with. They didn't even have them marked with the up to 30% off like the rest of their games that were listed. Not to mention CEs usually never qualify for these deals.

hmm hyperdimension neptunia PP shipped... but there's something odd about how they calculate how much I pay.. won't know if they're fing up again until all three items are shipped though.

Item(s)

Subtotal: CDN$ 44.99

Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00

*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 8.09  

----- Total before tax: CDN$ 36.90

Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.85

Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 2.58  

----- Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 41.33   -----

in no way is this 30% off... so unless they adjust the prices on the other games once all three items ship, I say they're screwing up again.

hmm hyperdimension neptunia PP shipped... but there's something odd about how they calculate how much I pay.. won't know if they're fing up again until all three items are shipped though.

Item(s)

Subtotal: CDN$ 44.99

Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00

*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 8.09

----- Total before tax: CDN$ 36.90

Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.85

Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 2.58

----- Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 41.33 -----

in no way is this 30% off... so unless they adjust the prices on the other games once all three items ship, I say they're screwing up again.
Did you guy this with 2 other games in the same order??? that's the only way you'd get the 30% off

It's also UP TO 30% off so the $8.09 is the 15% off you get at checkout ,but from the looks of it that game didn't get the 15% off most games got prior to the checkout process so it's the proper discount

Did you guy this with 2 other games in the same order??? that's the only way you'd get the 30% off

It's also UP TO 30% off so the $8.09 is the 15% off you get at checkout ,but from the looks of it that game didn't get the 15% off most games got prior to the checkout process so it's the proper discount
Well the two other games in the ordered are priced like this:

Items OrderedPrice1 of: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - PlayStation Vita
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Condition: New

CDN$ 33.99
1 of: Fairy Fencer F - PlayStation 3
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Condition: New

CDN$ 42.49

so the 15% off the entire purchases might apply after all three games have shipped.. or not... it's hard to say.

That slipped my mind... promotion is applied to the whole order, after all, so would they just wait for the last item to ship? and what if the discount is larger than the price of the last item? would they just refund the difference to your credit card?

No, the discount is applied to each item. I asked a service representative and one of my orders looks like this:

Last of Us PS4: $59.49 ($48 after discount)

Far Cry 4 PS4: $59.49 ($48 after discount)

Yoshi's Woolly World: $50.99 ($41 after discount)

I'm assuming the discount will be applied when you are charged for the item, so when it ships.

No, the discount is applied to each item. I asked a service representative and one of my orders looks like this:

Last of Us PS4: $59.49 ($48 after discount)

Far Cry 4 PS4: $59.49 ($48 after discount)

Yoshi's Woolly World: $50.99 ($41 after discount)

I'm assuming the discount will be applied when you are charged for the item, so when it ships.
I just called to make sure. The discount is applied and they section it off. even though right now on the invoice the remaining two items will cost more, apparently it will not exceed the 111.xx total I should be getting in the end. >_> and damn they're frustrating to talk with.

I wonder if I will get a price reduction for Last of Us PS4 because of the recent decrease. I think Amazon has that guarantee where if the price drops and you pre-ordered it, the new price will be applied. I just hope the promotion will still apply as well.

I wonder if I will get a price reduction for Last of Us PS4 because of the recent decrease. I think Amazon has that guarantee where if the price drops and you pre-ordered it, the new price will be applied. I just hope the promotion will still apply as well.
Yes it should, my order started at $151 but now it's at $143, I didn't have TLoU but they clearly adjusted the price when i'm assuming one of the games dropped in price

Here's my order

on day one of the deal, i called because the cart wasn't taking off 30%, i was told on the phone that the marketing team was working on it and it would be best to wait a few hours an place my order when it was fixed. the next day they clarified what that it was 30% off MSRP and not off the already lowered amazon prices. but destiny had gone up by $10 over night. so i talked to a manager and he put a $10 credit on my account that could ONLY be used for Destiny on X1. i made my order and a few days later the price of destiny went back down by $9, but i got to keep the $10 discount. that's why there's an additional $10 discount on my bill. I also managed to get Rainbow 6 Siege, it was only on their site for a few hours, and it was cheap! 

JX6nm95.png

Hate to bump such an old thread, but for those who preordered Last of Us on PS4 during the sale, the price has dropped to $51.99 on Amazon.ca, make sure to ask a CSR to modify your order. Mine was modified automatically, but I had to ask a CSR to change it from $59.99 to $54.99 last time.

You can also try to sign up for Prime for free so you can get 2-day shipping to get your orders faster.

http://www.amazon.ca...ef_type=generic

If you are not a student anymore, still try using your old student or alumni email.

After signing up, ask CSR to change the shipping method.

Just had my NHL 15 Ultimate Edition pre-order canceled. Appears they had two listings and the one I pre-ordered was removed. 10 minutes on support and the problem was resolved, thankfully.

bread's done
Back