(DEAD) AMAZON: The Avengers (3D BD / BD / DVD + DC) 4-Disc Combo $19.99

TheCarsForever

CAGiversary!
I just ran across teh 3D 4 Disc Avengers set at $19.99 through Amazon. Though Target has a similar deal, this may be less hassle. You can check it out here.

610OqlIOBVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon ended up price matching my Avengers 3D with Target's online price of $19.99. With the $5 coupon, I got the set for $14.99. Pretty happy with this deal!!!

I manage to get a $15 refund on this transaction. When it dropped to $24.98 Monday, it had already shipped and charged me the original $29.99 - $5 coupon so I called CS and had them refund me the $5 getting it for $19.98. Then it drops to 19.98 the next day so I wait and they automatically refund me $10 for the difference. New release 3D edition for $10. Can't be that!

[quote name='sobishop']I manage to get a $15 refund on this transaction. When it dropped to $24.98 Monday, it had already shipped and charged me the original $29.99 - $5 coupon so I called CS and had them refund me the $5 getting it for $19.98. Then it drops to 19.98 the next day so I wait and they automatically refund me $10 for the difference. New release 3D edition for $10. Can't be that![/QUOTE]

I got preorder price guarantee as well. Emailed me saying they would credit my account. Basically with the $15 credit I got from madden, this four disc combo is only costing me $6

Awesome, my Target was sold out, so I am really psyched to be able to get in on this. Getting it for my son's birthday in November.

Even though we don't have a 3D TV. Or a 3D Blu Ray player.

wait.. you need a 3D blu ray layer for 3d blu rays or is the last guy mistaken? first i heard of that, thought you just need a 3D tv.. i dont have a 3dTV either but whatever, it was same price as the normal blu ray so why not, u know?

You will need 3D TV and Player. Pretty sure he just mean what you said... getting 3D for a later time since there is no price difference.

Received mine from amazon preorder and received it on the 26th. Just done watching it in 3D for the 1st time. Very nice movie. Great deal.

I haven't been credited for the pre-order price guarantee AND they charged me for shipping even though I pre-ordered with FSSS before when it was $34.99.

Maybe I'm feeling too entitled, but it doesn't seem right to me that I have to pay for the shipping just because they dropped their price below the $25 mark after my order.

I stuck with the reg blu-ray cause I dont care about 3D since i will never get a 3D TV. I also dont care about the digital copy since i dont go on road trips. Same with the soundtrack. As tempting as it is y would i pay for stuff that i will never use?.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']wait.. you need a 3D blu ray layer for 3d blu rays or is the last guy mistaken? first i heard of that, thought you just need a 3D tv.. i dont have a 3dTV either but whatever, it was same price as the normal blu ray so why not, u know?[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3, it also play 3D movies.

So guys, I really only wanted the 2 disc blu ray version and was planning on waiting for a black friday deal, but honest question:

Should I just bite the bullet and get this deal?
Is it likely the 2 disc bluray will be at a better price on black friday, or do I have my hopes to high?

[quote name='Yanksfan']Awesome, my Target was sold out, so I am really psyched to be able to get in on this. Getting it for my son's birthday in November.

Even though we don't have a 3D TV. Or a 3D Blu Ray player.[/QUOTE]

Yes you do, you have a PS3.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']wait.. you need a 3D blu ray layer for 3d blu rays or is the last guy mistaken? first i heard of that, thought you just need a 3D tv.. i dont have a 3dTV either but whatever, it was same price as the normal blu ray so why not, u know?[/QUOTE]Wanna sell the 3D disc?

seriously guys, anyone think it's probable there's a black friday deal on at least the 2 disc bluray on this? Been debating biting the bullet when I don't even need the 3d version :whistle2:/

[quote name='Lt Dan']seriously guys, anyone think it's probable there's a black friday deal on at least the 2 disc bluray on this? Been debating biting the bullet when I don't even need the 3d version :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Well with Captain America and Thor, it seemed like those two movies never went on sale. The $14.99 price at Best Buy this week is the lowest I've seen them for. Same with the Iron Man movies. I've only seen Iron Man 1 for cheap recently now that the "Ultimate 2-disc Edition" is no longer around. I don't really buy many Disney movies but from what I've seen with them, they usually stay pretty expensive for a while. Last Black Friday I only remember deals on Green Lantern and X-Men but nothing for Captain America and Thor. Seems to be a trend with the Marvel Studios movies that they don't go on sale so I wouldn't hold out on a Black Friday deal for The Avengers myself. Besides, you could just pick up the 3D version at $20 and sell the 3D disc separately on ebay for a few bucks if you really have no need for it at all.

[quote name='samusaran226']Well with Captain America and Thor, it seemed like those two movies never went on sale. The $14.99 price at Best Buy this week is the lowest I've seen them for. Same with the Iron Man movies. I've only seen Iron Man 1 for cheap recently now that the "Ultimate 2-disc Edition" is no longer around. I don't really buy many Disney movies but from what I've seen with them, they usually stay pretty expensive for a while. Last Black Friday I only remember deals on Green Lantern and X-Men but nothing for Captain America and Thor. Seems to be a trend with the Marvel Studios movies that they don't go on sale so I wouldn't hold out on a Black Friday deal for The Avengers myself. Besides, you could just pick up the 3D version at $20 and sell the 3D disc separately on ebay for a few bucks if you really have no need for it at all.[/QUOTE]
I appreciate your help. I just bit the bullet and ordered it (got some promo credit on Amazon anyway that covered it).

I love this movie, so might as well get the 4 disc at this price, otherwise I'd have to wait for years for it to come down (Iron Man I think is $10 at times at Walmart for the 1 disc bluray).

I won't sell the 3d disc for now, just in case I decide to sell this later.

[quote name='samusaran226']Well with Captain America and Thor, it seemed like those two movies never went on sale. The $14.99 price at Best Buy this week is the lowest I've seen them for. Same with the Iron Man movies. I've only seen Iron Man 1 for cheap recently now that the "Ultimate 2-disc Edition" is no longer around. I don't really buy many Disney movies but from what I've seen with them, they usually stay pretty expensive for a while. Last Black Friday I only remember deals on Green Lantern and X-Men but nothing for Captain America and Thor. Seems to be a trend with the Marvel Studios movies that they don't go on sale so I wouldn't hold out on a Black Friday deal for The Avengers myself. Besides, you could just pick up the 3D version at $20 and sell the 3D disc separately on ebay for a few bucks if you really have no need for it at all.[/QUOTE]

Both Capt. America & Thor Blus were actually $15 last year for a few weeks at Walmart for a holiday promotion. I eventually bought both Blus earlier this year, but I could have saved a few bucks buying it last holiday when I had the chance. Those movies rarely go down in price.

So to answer Lt. Dan's question, I can see the Avengers DVD+Blu going down to $15 and the 3D set going down to $25, maybe even $20 again, but no less on Black Friday this year.

OK guys, stupid question in regards to Amazon shipping right here...

I want to order the Avengers 3D Blu later tonight at the $19.99 price before it jumps up in price (maybe) on Sunday. Does Amazon charge the credit card upon shipment? How long does that usually take on Super Saver Shipping?

I ask because I cannot have anything charged on my credit card until Monday, so I don't want to see it being charged tomorrow. Thanks guys!

[quote name='hypertails02']OK guys, stupid question in regards to Amazon shipping right here...

I want to order the Avengers 3D Blu later tonight at the $19.99 price before it jumps up in price (maybe) on Sunday. Does Amazon charge the credit card upon shipment? How long does that usually take on Super Saver Shipping?

I ask because I cannot have anything charged on my credit card until Monday, so I don't want to see it being charged tomorrow. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Yes, they do charge once it ships. ON Super Saver Shipping, it's tough to say exactly because they do a SHIPPING SOON. Once it hits SHIPPING SOON, the deal is finalize and payment is charged and order can't be cancel anymore. It usually hits Shipping Soon the day before it supposed to ship, bs I know.

[quote name='j.t']Yes, they do charge once it ships. ON Super Saver Shipping, it's tough to say exactly because they do a SHIPPING SOON. Once it hits SHIPPING SOON, the deal is finalize and payment is charged and order can't be cancel anymore. It usually hits Shipping Soon the day before it supposed to ship, bs I know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, will be ordering it then, I'm in no rush.

[quote name='Darknuke']Damnit, I missed both the Target and Amazon deals for this... Guess I keep waiting for it to come back down =/[/QUOTE]

Target had a misprint or some other error, so they made the $19.99 price on the 3D version apply all week. Amazon matched it. It may not come back down any time soon because it was rooted in an error.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You don't really have to return the case, just bring the receipt back and you can get refunded. Some people at blu-ray.com said they tried to give back the case but BB didn't want them. They eventually get thrown away or workers bring them home or whatever as they're just pre-order incentives.[/QUOTE]

Tried to get the $7.50 back but was told that I had to return the case. Oh well. My fault for forgetting to cancel my amazon order.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Tried to get the $7.50 back but was told that I had to return the case. Oh well. My fault for forgetting to cancel my amazon order.[/QUOTE]The T&C on the back of the case says you can get the pre-order refunded two weeks after release date and you're a week early.

Try it again in another week and you shouldn't have an issue. Other option would be to pick up the pre-order, using up the $7.50 from the pre-order, and return it back to the store.

[quote name='shrike4242']The T&C on the back of the case says you can get the pre-order refunded two weeks after release date and you're a week early.

Try it again in another week and you shouldn't have an issue. Other option would be to pick up the pre-order, using up the $7.50 from the pre-order, and return it back to the store.[/QUOTE]

I'll give that a shot. Bound to be a Best Buy many times in October thanks to U&S.

bread's done
Back