[DEAD] Amazon - The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road DS - $12.48

Agh how annoying, I literally just ordered this game yesterday afternoon for $18 along with Katamari Forever. It hasn't shipped yet, but when I tried to manage the order it says "Shipping Soon" and that it can't be modified. I sent an email to Hubba and Amazon, is it worth calling one of them?

Woohoo, Amazon emailed me back and allowed me to cancel and reorder after a quick follow up call, even though it was somehow already mid-shipment. Great customer service, and now I get both Katamari and Wizard of Oz together with free supersaver shipping.

[quote name='randomkid']Woohoo, Amazon emailed me back and allowed me to cancel and reorder after a quick follow up call, even though it was somehow already mid-shipment. Great customer service, and now I get both Katamari and Wizard of Oz together with free supersaver shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that worked out great!

I have this game, it is a great RPG for a 1st time RPG player, It didn't have alot of replay value for me (cause I'm a RPG veteran) so it sits and collects dust now but one thing about the game intrigues me; you move the characters in the game by digital trackball this gives me hope that one day Sega Arcade Sonic the Hedgehog will be released on DS. Lastly the battle system for the game is very similar to Dragon Warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HVBukuyrik

I really enjoyed this. the trackball movement was done well, and the combat is actually more involved than I expected. 13 bucks is totally worth it.

I have quite a few nieces who would like this if I don't. Gotta spread gaming to the next generation.

Picked one up, thanks.

[quote name='DragonQuestFan']I didn't they made an RPG based on this license.[/QUOTE]

The Oz books are actually public domain, so the developers and publisher didn't need to license the property.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Updated to reflect the deal is dead. There are still a couple cheap ones in the marketplace, I believe.[/QUOTE]

The only cheap new copy still listed is killed by $7.99 shipping. The cheaper used listings also look questionable, in that they're not very specific regarding condition, etc.

I'm wondering whether this is going to end up being rare or not. If it is, I suppose I should just grab it at $17.99 and be happy. Don't know what to think.

Just like a lot of XSEED games, this game will become rare in a couple of years, so, if you guys are planning in getting the game, do it now.

bread's done
Back