DEAD - Amazon's 10 Days of 70% off PC games

Day 10 : The Sims Medieval for $25

The deal description says to check tomorrow for another deal, even though this is suppose to be the last day. Maybe there is one more deal coming?

I had high hopes for this sale, but in the end there just wasn't much I was interested in. Sims games are certainly very popular, but I was hoping they'd end the sale with something stronger.

[quote name='LouieT']Day 2 : City Life for $3[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. Blink once and a $40 game is suddenly $3. Same thing with Majestic 2 on Steam's one-day sale yesterday! Why would I ever pay full price for a game anymore...

[quote name='gcorlett']Holy crap. Blink once and a $40 game is suddenly $3. Same thing with Majestic 2 on Steam's one-day sale yesterday! Why would I ever pay full price for a game anymore...[/QUOTE]

As a PC gamer...you don't need to

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :)

Any other opinions?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Bought it for 3.25 on a Steam sale. Wasn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :)

Any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear SupCom is crazy complicated, its not just about cutting down trees and collecting gold then doing a zerg rush. I'm pretty sure I picked up SupCom part 2 for less then 10 bucks off steam. Part 2 is said to be a bit more down to earth and run better then part 1.

It might be worth it if you're up for a challenge, and I've heard there are some people who love it. Its just not the kind of game I could devote the time with the backlog the way it is.

Thanks - very helpful info. Based on that, I'm going to pass - like you, I have a huge backlog.

And, although I'm ashamed to admit it, usually when I get home from work, I'm more interested in "casual" games that you can pick up, play for a few mins, and then put down.

It's not that I don't WANT to start into Dragon Age or The Witcher, it's just so daunting. :)

Thanks again.

[quote name='KingDox']From what I hear SupCom is crazy complicated, its not just about cutting down trees and collecting gold then doing a zerg rush. I'm pretty sure I picked up SupCom part 2 for less then 10 bucks off steam. Part 2 is said to be a bit more down to earth and run better then part 1.

It might be worth it if you're up for a challenge, and I've heard there are some people who love it. Its just not the kind of game I could devote the time with the backlog the way it is.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :)

Any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

Well... too late for the sale, but it's actually a very good RTS. What you want to do is be on the lookout for Supreme Commander Gold http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Commander-Gold-Pc/dp/B0015QFHCE which includes the standalone expansion Forged Alliance (which installs as a single playable unit if you have both). Together it's one hell of a game and you'll find tons of free community made add-ons available online if you're into that.

Having said that, I've always found RTS fans to be fiercely loyal to their own favorite style - C&C, StarCraft, etc. SupCom is more like Total Annihilation (which makes sense since it is made by TA's creator) and is a large-scale and a bit sandbox-ish. Don't listen to the haters that don't know - SupCom (esp the gold version) is excellent.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Bought it for 3.25 on a Steam sale. Wasn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about SupCom 2? The original Supreme Commander isn't available on Steam that I can see.

[quote name='jkimrey']thanks - very helpful info. Based on that, i'm going to pass - like you, i have a huge backlog.

And, although i'm ashamed to admit it, usually when i get home from work, i'm more interested in "casual" games that you can pick up, play for a few mins, and then put down.

It's not that i don't want to start into dragon age or the witcher, it's just so daunting. :)

thanks again.[/quote]

this!

[quote name='diishen']How is the online community for Red Faction on PC? (in comparison to console if possible)[/QUOTE]

Nonexistent, thanks to GFWL.

Day 10 is going to be on Spore However it's already discounted 73% to around $8

The ad says nothing about anything coming tomorrow, so this looks to be the last of daily PC download deals.

bread's done
Back