[DEAD] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines for PSP / $20 @ Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmachine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (100%)
Looks like Amazon is matching Target's sale price on Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines.

Click here or on the image above to go to Amazon. Regular price is $36.99.

It's got an average score of 64% from Metacritic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']Hmm, tempting. I loved both AC games, but had no interest in Altair's Chronicles. This looks way better.[/QUOTE]

This game compared to that DS trash...completely different. The DS game was basically a side scrolling game with an AC skin, not to mention filled with bugs and glitches. This game is much more like the console versions without the detailed textures and psp only has one control stick. It is not perfect by any means, but a much better representation of the real Assassins Creed compared to that DS version.

I loved the first and second AC but this doesn't look good. Tried the DS one and was a little upset I bought it. Would only try this for like $10.

Very tempting, but I read that PSP AC is a watered down next-gen version (hardly surprising, considering the hardware differences) with fewer enemies and NPCs on screen.

I noticed two or three PSP sports titles were also dropped to $20 on Amazon in addition to AC: Bloodlines. I think they were Tiger Woods and either NBA or NCAA.

[quote name='SDC']Wasn't there some kind of link feature with the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

From the Playstation Blog:

As players unlock health and Hidden blade upgrades in Assassin’s Creed 2 PS3, the same upgrades will be unlocked in Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP). It also works the other way round: on the PS3 you will be able to access any Templar Coins and special weapons you’ve collected on the PSP.

The highlights, to me, are that you get six new weapons to use in AC2 as well as extra health and blade upgrades for Bloodlines.

The bonuses from the playing the AC2 first on the PS3 is actually pretty ridiculous. The hidden blade gun ordeal instant kills mobs, and then they all drop a new knife. I would not really recommend this game though. I've tried getting into it several times, but there is one thing that keeps driving me away... Instant respawns. When you kill a guard a new one will spawn 10 feet away from you. This results in the game ending up playing more as a 2D hack'n'slash that looks like it was developed for the NES than an AC. Giving it a 6.7 was an optimistic review. I would have gone closer to 5.

[quote name='icedrake523']I watched the GT review. They gave it a 6.7. Doesn't seem worth it.[/QUOTE]

Saw it too but I bought it anyways because I still think it's a good game regardless.

I have the game and id go on to say its strictly all right. But you might be disappointed after playing AC2, so keep your expectations very low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back