[DEAD] Astro Gaming $50 for $100

viisual

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DEAD

The headphones aren't the best, but the Mixamp is highly regarded.

Pretty interesting deal.

http://www.rockars.com/rockars/50-for-100-at-astro

If anyone is looking to get a a40 Mixamp, this seems to be a pretty good route to take.

• Code valid for 3 months
  • Available for multiple purchase
  • Only 1 code can be redeemed per order
  • Limited quantity
  • Expires 1/30/2012
Edit: I looked, and didn't see this posted yet, sorry if it has been - I tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found a glitch with their coupon system. I just posted this over at Slickdeals, but I'll post again.

I noticed yesterday that when I changed the quantity of a single item in my cart after I had applied my $100 promo credit that the promo credit multiplied along with the quantity of the item I had in my cart. So 2 Astro 5.8 Mixamps became $200 worth of credit, even though I really only bought the $100.

I noticed this yesterday but didn't want to say anything in case they caught it. Well I just got an email that my order shipped. I essentially got 2 Mixamp's for $150 shipped. I haven't been able to check and see if they fixed it by now since I already used my $100 credit and the promo is now expired.

Essentially get a free $100 off if you buy more than 1 of the same item.

[quote name='Gfresh404']I think I found a glitch with their coupon system. I just posted this over at Slickdeals, but I'll post again.

I noticed yesterday that when I changed the quantity of a single item in my cart after I had applied my $100 promo credit that the promo credit multiplied along with the quantity of the item I had in my cart. So 2 Astro 5.8 Mixamps became $200 worth of credit, even though I really only bought the $100.

I noticed this yesterday but didn't want to say anything in case they caught it. Well I just got an email that my order shipped. I essentially got 2 Mixamp's for $150 shipped. I haven't been able to check and see if they fixed it by now since I already used my $100 credit and the promo is now expired.

Essentially get a free $100 off if you buy more than 1 of the same item.[/QUOTE]

brilliant on so many levels. :roll:

[quote name='Japakneez']brilliant on so many levels. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I wasn't able to get it to work, maybe I'll try again later. I don't even know what I'm going to buy with this. I've had my A40 + Mixamp combo since it was released 5+ years ago and only had to contact customer service a few times (they were nice but had me go through the same crap each time...) Maybe the upgrade kit?

What happens if they shipped items but discovered you used a glitch in the system to order, do they correct the order? Currently Astro sent personnel to two events this weekend so I'm not sure of the staffing....

[quote name='psyphris']I wasn't able to get it to work, maybe I'll try again later. I don't even know what I'm going to buy with this. I've had my A40 + Mixamp combo since it was released 5+ years ago and only had to contact customer service a few times (they were nice but had me go through the same crap each time...) Maybe the upgrade kit?[/QUOTE]

I went with A30 about 14 months ago. If i had A40 i would probably get it since its $15 and makes me current. But its out of stock.

[quote name='guardkitty']What happens if they shipped items but discovered you used a glitch in the system to order, do they correct the order? Currently Astro sent personnel to two events this weekend so I'm not sure of the staffing....[/QUOTE]

They could automatically charge you, never catch it, or simply request you return it otherwise they will charge you for the extra. I think the last two outcomes are most likely. If you do have a customer support issue later and they find out you glitched them it could screw you.

They seem to have grown quite a bit since the last time i dealt with them. Their forums have way more activity these days but they still seem to be inconsistent so anything can happen.

[quote name='guardkitty']What happens if they shipped items but discovered you used a glitch in the system to order, do they correct the order? Currently Astro sent personnel to two events this weekend so I'm not sure of the staffing....[/QUOTE]

Astro apparently didn't notice the glitch yesterday because my order has already been shipped. Two wireless mixamps came to about $95

[quote name='Japakneez']I went with A30 about 14 months ago. If i had A40 i would probably get it since its $15 and makes me current. But its out of stock.[/QUOTE]

By current, are you saying the A30 is an upgrade of the A40? I know the A30 is newer, but I thought the A30 is Astro's smaller, more portable headset - an alternative to the A40, but not necessarily an upgrade. I have the A40, but since I don't travel with it and find it comfortable, I didn't see a reason to get the A30 when it came out.

[quote name='gantt']By current, are you saying the A30 is an upgrade of the A40? I know the A30 is newer, but I thought the A30 is Astro's smaller, more portable headset - an alternative to the A40, but not necessarily an upgrade. I have the A40, but since I don't travel with it and find it comfortable, I didn't see a reason to get the A30 when it came out.[/QUOTE]
There is an upgrade kit for the A40 that Astro released. I was stating that I didn't know what to buy and he suggested the upgrade kit because my headset is so old. The new A40s all come with the upgrade mic and stuff. That is all.

[quote name='gantt']By current, are you saying the A30 is an upgrade of the A40? I know the A30 is newer, but I thought the A30 is Astro's smaller, more portable headset - an alternative to the A40, but not necessarily an upgrade. I have the A40, but since I don't travel with it and find it comfortable, I didn't see a reason to get the A30 when it came out.[/QUOTE]

I went with A30 since i wanted versatility. At the time i was needing to wear a headset for 8+ hours a day. This was the only one comfortable enough for me to do so. Based on reviews i also found that the A30 did both gaming and several types of music well. Most gaming headsets are only good for gaming sound. I would have done Mixamp + Sennheiser but opted for the complete and simple a30 set instead. I definitely made the right choice :D except for my damn chat issue on XBL that they wouldn't fix!

[quote name='psyphris']There is an upgrade kit for the A40 that Astro released. I was stating that I didn't know what to buy and he suggested the upgrade kit because my headset is so old. The new A40s all come with the upgrade mic and stuff. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the A40 upgrade kit. It's out of stock currently, and looking at their forums, it seems to be a chronic problem.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. I wasn't aware of the A40 upgrade kit. It's out of stock currently, and looking at their forums, it seems to be a chronic problem.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm planning on waiting until that's back in stock then ordering some custom tags and maybe a few other things in accessories. Maybe the carry bag for my 360... we'll see. Hopefully it comes back soon.

bread's done
Back