(dead)Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland limited edition bundle 39.99

Bastards, brought this off NIS first day $65... haven't even opened it yet - dont have a PS3 yet.
So I guess I paid $25 for that poster...

Good deal OP, I brought a second copy to ease my losses.

[quote name='Asgardian']Bastards, brought this off NIS first day $65... haven't even opened it yet - dont have a PS3 yet.
So I guess I paid $25 for that poster...

Good deal OP, I brought a second copy to ease my losses.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I did the exact same. Thanks OP.

hm... think i'll jump on it. worst case the resale value is a profit, best case the game's every bit as good as most of gust's. though it's a sequel, i assume there's no extras from save data, right?

This is available in Gamestop. Is not in stock online but all the stores around me got it so you can check your local store.

Great game. I got two from NIS on release day and don't regret it. Platinumed both Atelier Rorona and Totori. Totori is better in many ways than Rorona, but I liked the alchemy in Rorona better (because for example if you combined two ingredients with "Big" property, you would get "Very Big" on the product. That way you could get very powerful properties very early in the game. In Totori they nerfed it so you couldn't get the powerful properties until end game and then there were limits on how much good stuff you could put on on item).

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Great game. I got two from NIS on release day and don't regret it. Platinumed both Atelier Rorona and Totori. Totori is better in many ways than Rorona, but I liked the alchemy in Rorona better (because for example if you combined two ingredients with "Big" property, you would get "Very Big" on the product. That way you could get very powerful properties very early in the game. In Totori they nerfed it so you couldn't get the powerful properties until end game and then there were limits on how much good stuff you could put on on item).[/QUOTE]

Felt the same way, except I also thought you had to manage your time more carefully in Totori since adventuring and getting materials took up SOO much time (that is until you make Chims). And overall, the battle system was much more refined, since they actually separated the hp and mp bars.

[quote name='HakaHina']Felt the same way, except I also thought you had to manage your time more carefully in Totori since adventuring and getting materials took up SOO much time (that is until you make Chims). And overall, the battle system was much more refined, since they actually separated the hp and mp bars.[/QUOTE]

I guess the battle system was improved, since in Rorona I just spammed bombs while in Totori I spammed skills and bombs. But I definately hated that they made harvesting take up so much time, although it wasn't as painful after the improvement. I know that they gave you way more then enough time (in-game days) to do everything, but harvesting just hurted. Actually, I didn't much like how every little thing too up so much time. I could almost instantly waste a group of baddies and game would take away hours! I just liked the time system better in Rorona. It was more laid back.

Oh, and I hated the voice actor for Rorona in Totori. Why couldn't they just keep the same voice actor I'll never know.

I guess I've criticized this excellent game enough for now.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Keep checking back on this if you're interested, guys. One copy just popped back up in stock, and I managed to snag it![/QUOTE]
Ugh! Damn meetings!!!

[quote name='jthebigp']FYI..
Gamestop has the same price.[/QUOTE]

Finally found one sealed at a distant Gamestop. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Finally found one sealed at a distant Gamestop. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Same. Found a sealed (perfect) copy at my local gamestop just down the road. :) A bunch of other NIS games drops in price at gamestop as well. Picked up a new copy of Ar tonelico Qoga for $40 as well (was just $60 the previous week).

bread's done
Back