[DEAD] Band of Brothers Blu-Ray $37.49 Shipped @ Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how they don't have PM anymore. Bought it a few days ago for $55.

I figured they might've reduced it to PM BB, but I wasn't sure so I just ordered it. Oh well

[quote name='SoulReaver']I hate how they don't have PM anymore. Bought it a few days ago for $55.[/quote][quote name='SoulReaver']

I figured they might've reduced it to PM BB, but I wasn't sure so I just ordered it. Oh well[/quote]

Call them anyway. I called on Thursday because 6 of the 7 Blu-rays I ordered dropped $3 each. They went thru their standard blah, blah we no longer have our 30 price guarantee spiel.

So I told her, that I would like to return the movies and I will reorder them at the lower price.

She told me to hang on and came back 5 minutes later and approved the $18 credit.

I understand that this will be YMMV, but it took less than 7 minutes to try. It is kind of like the lottery, can't win if you don't play.

I just ordered Bands and then saw in my gold box right after. Called and got the same blah blah no price bs. Told me to refuse the order. Finally they gave me a promotional $2 refund. Don't give up. Go CAG!!

[quote name='JoeDaddy']

Call them anyway. I called on Thursday because 6 of the 7 Blu-rays I ordered dropped $3 each. They went thru their standard blah, blah we no longer have our 30 price guarantee spiel.

So I told her, that I would like to return the movies and I will reorder them at the lower price.

She told me to hang on and came back 5 minutes later and approved the $18 credit.

I understand that this will be YMMV, but it took less than 7 minutes to try. It is kind of like the lottery, can't win if you don't play.[/quote]
I tried this already with

Banjo & Kazooie - dropped $10
Eyeclops Bionicam - dropped $15

on their own website.

I told them they should realize that I'll be rebuying the same product on their own website at a lower price and basically sending that same product back with the older product's shipping label.

I'd pay the $3 to ship it back since it's still a savings. The only thing is, Amazon is being boneheaded about it and it could save me more. The shipping it back helps no one but the shipping company.

[quote name='rucky']Bought it, pretty sweet deal:applause:[/quote]

Me too, too good a deal to say no to....and they have COD WOW for $35, sheeeet!!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Tempting ... i can't believed the DVD set still above $33. i wonder Blu ray version go any cheaper below $30 or less ??[/QUOTE]

Less than 30 dollars for blu ray.....no way!

I don't think so.

Get it now. I have the DVD's and I am so tempted to get the blu ray version.

$37.49 for the BR version of Band of Brothers??? This was a freakin steal. I spent about this much for the DVD version and that was a good deal at the time. Thank you amazon for PMing BB.

Why the hell is it listed as 6 discs though? It's most certainly just a new transfer of the same old DVD set...also 6 discs. You'd think they could have trimmed it down to 3-4.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Why the hell is it listed as 6 discs though? It's most certainly just a new transfer of the same old DVD set...also 6 discs. You'd think they could have trimmed it down to 3-4.[/quote]

Because most likely the BR version has uncompressed HD video and audio, whereas the DVD version had compressed SD video and audio.

[quote name='rucky']Bought it, pretty sweet deal
4abe17a1c80cbdd2aa241b70840879de.gif
[/quote] I agree, this is an absolute must have at this price.

I just bit even tho my DVD set is still mostly unwatched. Crazy, I remember getting the DVDs back in the day for about the same price and thinking it was bargain then... I can't believe the blu-rays are this cheap already.

Now what to do with the DVD set...

Decided to grab it, been wanting to get this forever since I originally saw it a few years ago. Thanks for the heads up on the great deal.

This is about $6 a disc. Got my g/f to let me get this one thing after explaining that we'll be lucky to see this sort of deal on this set anytime in the next year. It's my understanding that BB is doing it's annual 1/2 off HBO and Amazon is PMing that.... I had camelcamelcamel watching this since Black Friday when it was something like $50, and I thought that was a good deal. Didn't expect to see it lower than $50 for a looong time... and I wouldn't expect it again.

For $6 a disc, it's worth it.

Damnit, I have the original on DVD, but I just can't past this up. This is allow me to send the dvd copy to a friend of mine now.

Grrr, though it bottomed out on Amazon at $44.xx Dec. 1. And its less than $1 a disc more than the regular DVD version. That is nuts.

Yup...ordered one even though I haven't finished watching my DVD version. Amazon is collecting my money almost everyday these days.

DVD versions can be ebayed for around $30, maybe a little more if lucky. Plenty to offset some cost for the blu-ray version. Sadly I paid over $70 for the DVD set when it was first released, but couldn't pass on this price point for the blu-ray, such an amazing series.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Tempting ... i can't believed the DVD set still above $33. i wonder Blu ray version go any cheaper below $30 or less ??[/quote]I really doubt that it will any time soon. It's too bad I paid $50 for this set a couple weeks ago I would not pass up this price if I wanted to buy another copy.

Totally worth it. I got this from DeepDiscount's sale a little while back for like 40 something bucks. My mom has the set on DVD, but I wanted it for myself on Blu Ray. I was kinda hesitant upon opening it and wanting to return it, but I'm glad I opened it and popped it in, cuz it's true greatness :)

[quote name='grendel19']DVD versions can be ebayed for around $30, maybe a little more if lucky. Plenty to offset some cost for the blu-ray version. Sadly I paid over $70 for the DVD set when it was first released, but couldn't pass on this price point for the blu-ray, such an amazing series.[/quote]

But Amazon has it new for $32.xx. . .I wouldn't bet on selling it for $30, unless that is a temporary price reduction. Of course, I could once again be overestimating the intelligence of eBayers, but with the Live cashback drying up. . .maybe not. Maybe gifting is a better option. Everybody needs this.

Well, I went and picked this up today BB.

I have never seen it before, but you really can't beat the price on it, and it looks excellent.

Picked it up today. Waiting really paid off here. I'm happy too that I got money back on the Wire Complete Series as well this week.

[quote name='turls']But Amazon has it new for $32.xx. . .I wouldn't bet on selling it for $30, unless that is a temporary price reduction. Of course, I could once again be overestimating the intelligence of eBayers, but with the Live cashback drying up. . .maybe not. Maybe gifting is a better option. Everybody needs this.[/quote]

Mine sold in 2 hours on ebay for $35. ;)

[quote name='darthbudge']Because most likely the BR version has uncompressed HD video and audio, whereas the DVD version had compressed SD video and audio.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this post. HD video on Blu-ray is not uncompressed, it just has more data than SD, due to the higher resolution of the image, hence the need for a larger disc capacity to store it. It uses newer compression types, VC1 (or WMV HD) and AVC (or MPEG-4 Part 10 or H.264), in addition to higher bitrate MPEG-2 (which DVD also uses, and which was mainly used in early Blu-rays), for compressing the video image. The new codecs allow better compression ratios than MPEG-2.

Also, many of the newer Blu-ray discs also have compressed audio, albeit lossless compression, such as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master, rather than lossy compression, such as Dolby Digital (and DD+), or DTS (and DTS-HD HR). Some Blu-rays do have uncompressed Linear PCM (L-PCM) multichannel audio tracks on them, although they seem to be much less common than when Blu-ray movies first started being released. This is in all likelihood because more of the current generation of Blu-ray players and HT receivers can handle the lossless audio, with HDMI 1.3 allowing bitstreaming of the high-bitrate audio over HDMI to a receiver that can decode the tracks. Some Blu-ray players can also decode the lossless compressed audio formats now, and pass them via HDMI or multichannel analog outputs to a receiver in multichannel L-PCM.

BTW, I paid $55 for Band of Brothers Blu-ray in a pre-order from Warner Video, and sold my DVD version when the BD came in. Well worth the money I spent, and definitely worth what it's going for on Amazon and at BB.

Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but we got an additional $1.87 off by having alreay done a search at amazon for this title.

Great deal and can't wait to watch it.

Gah, I can't believe I bought this. I've spent too much money already :3

On a related note, I coincidentally sold my DVD boxset on eBay last week because I haven't even touched it since I bought it last year. I had no idea this Blu-ray boxset would just happen to be on sale a week after I sold my DVD boxset.

Hopefully, it won't end up like my DVD boxset, not being touched for a year. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought this who already had (has) the DVD boxset.

Perfect time to rewatch this .
I was actually going to rewatch it on my dvd set but held off a few days until my blu ray set showed up.

Great deal.
Great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back