DEAD Batman - complete animated series $77.49 at amazon.

Awesome. Playing the game has got me itching to watch the series again - which is probably what they're counting on w/ this reprint. ;) Ah well, I'm happy to oblige.

[quote name='gdemander']Ah dang. I bought mine last week from Deep Discount for 83. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Dang it! I did the same thing too... and it already shipped.

i should have waited.

i dunno why i never bothered to search for something like this. Thanks OP, the price is kinda eh but i will look at DD for a better price.

Thanks, I was definitely interested in this at this price. I saw a lot of episodes of this, but I'm sure there are just as many if not more that I missed and probably forgotten so this will be fun to go back through.

I bought these when each season came out individually. I LOVE this series, it is the quintessential Batman as far as I am concerned. If you've never seen these and like the Bats I envy you and urge you to buy right now without a moments hesitation.

If you don't already own the set, it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Beautiful packaging, very nice art book, and arguably the best superhero cartoon or TV show we've ever seen.

[quote name='gdemander']Ah dang. I bought mine last week from Deep Discount for 83. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

It's five bucks. You'll live.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']

It's five bucks. You'll live.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I looked at the order again and it was 80, not 83. So really it is is only 3 bucks. Of course I will live, and I get 8% back through Bing Cashback. I am really not that upset.

Your only option would be to refuse delivery. Otherwise, shipping it back would make it instantly too much hassle.

Can you use the 10% military link if you aren't in the military (yes, on the surface it appears to be a stupid question)? This is not an ethical question, this is a question based in fact

Actually ... I think I just answered my own question ... $59 ... I'm probably going to hell

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stele']Your only option would be to refuse delivery. Otherwise, shipping it back would make it instantly too much hassle.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered the one from Barnes and Noble because a 20 dollar difference is just too good of a deal to pass up. With the free expedited shipping, it will be interesting to see if I get the Barnes and Noble one before the Deep Discount one.

So all I have to do is refuse shipment and send it back to them? Then once they get it they refund the original purchase price, right?

[quote name='gdemander']I just ordered the one from Barnes and Noble because a 20 dollar difference is just too good of a deal to pass up. With the free expedited shipping, it will be interesting to see if I get the Barnes and Noble one before the Deep Discount one.

So all I have to do is refuse shipment and send it back to them? Then once they get it they refund the original purchase price, right?[/QUOTE]

i never did the refuse package option. so i dont know. im still waiting for ppl to answer my other questions.

[quote name='trunks982']yea, wheres the military link? instead of military link, is it possible to do this with bing cashback instead?[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry. Didn't see it. You type in www.bn.com/military. That loads the military page that you can then search for the Batman series. It will automatically discount it and stacks with the other code. It does not stack with a normal membership discount though. So if you have a normal membership, it works out to be the same.

I didn't check Bing for Barnes and Noble for their cashback, but they might be on there.

[quote name='gdemander']Oh sorry. Didn't see it. You type in www.bn.com/military. That loads the military page that you can then search for the Batman series. It will automatically discount it and stacks with the other code. It does not stack with a normal membership discount though. So if you have a normal membership, it works out to be the same.

I didn't check Bing for Barnes and Noble for their cashback, but they might be on there.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, I ordered mine!

[quote name='etcrane']Expedited shipping and $58 -$59 out the door just made this a crazy deal ...[/QUOTE]

I am glad that I am not the only one that sees it this way. Now just to refuse shipment and get my money back on the original purchase from DD...

can someone give me the step by step procedure to do this? i tried the military link with the coupon and it doesnt stack (using my current account, not a BN member). i tried going through bing cashback and click checkout as a guest (for making new account), coupon doesnt go through. if someone can help me, i'll be glad. thanks.

EDIT: nvm guys. it works when i click on the 20%off link.... made new account then type in bn.com/military and do checkout with the batman in cart. thanks.

am i the only one who thinks this is a ripoff? when u could get this for free on your computer? im not talking about torrents either but there are sites that probably stream the show online kinda like hulu if you dont want 17gb in your hard drive

For $107 it's debatable ... for $59 I hardly think you can call this a rip off. That's the equivalent of saying any type of disc based media is inherently a rip off because you can illegally download it and watch it for free. If that's what you want to do, then by all means go ahead ... free country.

However, there are a couple points to consider ... it would be a pain in the ass to find every single episode in dvd quality and download it to your computer. In addition, in 10 or 20 years who knows if this will be available via streaming sites ... but I'll still have this DVD set to share with my kids. And finally, the exclusive disc and booklet this comes with can't be found elsewhere, so it's a nice exclusive.

But really, if you think this is a rip off, why are you posting about it? If you aren't a big enough fan of the series to at least have a passing interest in this set, then why complain and call it a rip off when it's on sale for nearly half the msrp. Just a thought ...

I think for $59 is worth it. I paid full price for mine and I loved it to death. Really worth 79.99 for me. At $59 is a steal....
By the way rex2745 if you can get anything on the computer....then what's the point of HDTV or DVD/Blurays to begin with? To each own I guess....

GRR it is currently OOS at Barnes and Noble. Any CAGs know the chances of them actually restocking this? Placed an order anyways, here's hoping!

[quote name='garma3']GRR it is currently OOS at Barnes and Noble. Any CAGs know the chances of them actually restocking this? Placed an order anyways, here's hoping![/QUOTE]

Its OOP so who know's.

I feel bad that I didnt wait for BN but oh well I'll have mine tomorrow from amazon and I'll start watching asap :D

Guys i dont know what to do....I bought Season 1 and 2 individually when released. Then i didn't buy the other sets thinking that a box set would be released. Well, there was and its gorgeous!.

But now my fear is, what if theirs a Blu-Ray release in the near future???:whistle2:# You guys think there's a possibility for that?

[quote name='Viol8tor']Guys i dont know what to do....I bought Season 1 and 2 individually when released. Then i didn't buy the other sets thinking that a box set would be released. Well, there was and its gorgeous!.

But now my fear is, what if theirs a Blu-Ray release in the near future???:whistle2:# You guys think there's a possibility for that?[/QUOTE]

Get it on DVD, I don't think it will look much different upscaled vs. on Blu-Ray since the source material is kind of old. I could be wrong though, but it's an awesome set that will hold its value at $60.

[quote name='Viol8tor']But now my fear is, what if theirs a Blu-Ray release in the near future???:whistle2:# You guys think there's a possibility for that?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about Blu-ray the series was archived on VHS, and so this dvd set is as good as it gets for the time being. Unless someone shells out a lot of money to remaster the whole series, which is unlikely.

Get it :D

grrr. my barnes and noble order isnt set to ship until september 22nd... oh well, for 60.00 it's not too bad of a wait.

bread's done
Back