[DEAD] Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] 9.97 pounds.

Spiderman2

CAG Veteran
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] for 9.97 pounds.

9.97 pounds plus shipping on Amazon UK (I cant link it for some reason) You need to search for it.

Thanks

Here's the link: Click

Listed as PAL version, but I'm not familiar enough to know if that will play on American Blu Ray players. If it does, amazing pricing error deal!

Edit: Ninja answered above.

Awesome deal! I've been getting into sci-fi tv recently (just finished Stargate SG-1), so this will be a nice set to continue onto!

it says Region 2. comments say region free. ordered.

never seen it, but I've heard good thing and for less than $1 per disc, I will give it a shot.

I have no faith that this will be filled.

Last edited by a moderator:
For $20 I will give it a shot. Worse case they cancel it, best case I spent $20 on a Blu Ray complete collection TV series.

[quote name='joshnorm']For $20 I will give it a shot. Worse case they cancel it, best case I spent $20 on a Blu Ray complete collection TV series.[/QUOTE]

yeah I did too, worst case scenario is that we get a cancellation notice in a day or so.

The first review says it's missing a few things but nothing that can't be fixed for this price. I really hope it is region-free... and that the order doesn't get canceled.

Even though I've heard so many great things about this show the pricepoint is the only reason I'm basically blind-jumping into it.

[quote name='trunks982']does it come with the movies too?[/QUOTE]

$150 set for 20 bucks and you ask about the movies...:roll:

The first review is referring to the DVD version, not the blu-ray version.

The blu-ray versions in the US and UK are identical in features according to a video review posted on the US Amazon site.

It comes with Razor, but not the Plan, and for those who haven't seen it, it literally might be the best thing ever put on television. Profit had been my favorite series for almost 15 years. This was the first thing, IMO, that has topped it. It has lean parts, but the good is as good as it gets.

[quote name='mietha']It comes with Razor, but not the Plan, and for those who haven't seen it, it literally might be the best thing ever put on television. Profit had been my favorite series for almost 15 years. This was the first thing, IMO, that has topped it. It has lean parts, but the good is as good as it gets.[/QUOTE]

the razor that comes with this set is the TV version.

In for one, oddly enough it lowers the price a bit once you begin the final checkout:

Items: £8.49
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £11.57
VAT: £0.00

Order Total: £11.57

[quote name='Kerig']In for one, oddly enough it lowers the price to this once you begin checking out:

Items: £8.49
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £11.57
VAT: £0.00

Order Total: £11.57
[/QUOTE]

They remove the 15% VAT charge because it is being exported to an American buyer.

[quote name='trunks982']the razor that comes with this set is the TV version.[/QUOTE]

According to the reviews, it comes with both versions, just like the US set...

[quote name='caedeskhan']They remove the 15% VAT charge because it is being exported to an American buyer.[/QUOTE]

That explains that, but then I wonder why Amazon calculates GBP 11.57 = $18.45 when a simple Google converter shows = $17.76...

...not that I'm complaining, just curious.

[quote name='Kerig']That explains that, but then I wonder why Amazon calculates GBP 11.57 = $18.45 when a simple Google converter shows = $17.76...

...not that I'm complaining, just curious.[/QUOTE]

The currency coverter charges a fee. The TOS of it states this.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Does this play on a US PS3? I thought I read that PS3s cant play blu-rays from other regions, but I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I've got imported Blus (Almost Famous from the UK, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Butterfly Effect from Canada) that run just fine. Taken from one of the customer reviews:

But the flipside is that these discs are in fact region-free so they should play in any BluRay player in the world. For the record, they all work great in my American/Region A PS3.

Just screen-capped. Doubt it'll do anything, but I have a feeling they will catch this error. Funny how the Complete Series on DVD on Amazon.co.uk is 80 pounds. XD

[quote name='seanw']What does one do in lieu of the currency converter, aside from pay in pounds?[/QUOTE]

Basically, as I understand it, the CC locks in the exchange rate at time of purchase, and bills your card in native currency. So, for the first part, you could actually be paying a fee to pay more if the exchange rate swings in your favor before it ships. The second part, however, can be quite costly if your card company charges a fee for foreign currency. It really just depends on preferecne and your card company as to whether to use it or not. I've been stung by the outrageous exchange fees before, so I just used the CC.

ordered 2, I will sell one on ebay if they are region free, I have bought plenty of stuff from amazon.co.uk and they never canceled any of my orders.

I need to know this for fact before i order, one i pay the 17-18$ or whatever and lets say they notice its a mistake can they bill me the 150$+? or will they just cancel it and return the money

i can't have them putting an addition 150$+ on my CC i will be completely boned

[quote name='machindo']Uh....thank you Jesus?[/QUOTE]

Buddy_christ.jpg

I need to know this for fact before i order, one i pay the 17-18$ or whatever and lets say they notice its a mistake can they bill me the 150$+? or will they just cancel it and return the money

i can't have them putting an addition 150$+ on my CC i will be completely boned

They can't change the amount once it's been charged.. or rather, they won't, they'll just cancel it if it's a different price.

[quote name='styl3s']I need to know this for fact before i order, one i pay the 17-18$ or whatever and lets say they notice its a mistake can they bill me the 150$+? or will they just cancel it and return the money

i can't have them putting an addition 150$+ on my CC i will be completely boned[/QUOTE]

They can't do that, it's illegal.

Man, how is this even possible? I already have the US set, but eff it, less than $19 for this incredible series, I bought it just to lend out and share the love.

[quote name='styl3s']I need to know this for fact before i order, one i pay the 17-18$ or whatever and lets say they notice its a mistake can they bill me the 150$+? or will they just cancel it and return the money

i can't have them putting an addition 150$+ on my CC i will be completely boned[/QUOTE]

cancel.

bread's done
Back