(Dead) Best Buy MSRP Trade in Credit on New Games/Stacks with Gamer Club Unlocked

Not necessarily a deal but very useful information. Today at Best Buy I purchased Dark Souls 2 for PS3 with the Gamer Unlocked 20% discount. As usual I was offered 2 years of Geek Squad protection. Before I could decline, the sales person cautioned me not to deny the extra protection because it locks in the price I paid for the game in store credit for up to 2 years. Since I ended up paying $47.99 before taxes on Dark Souls 2 with $7.99 of Geek Squad protection I can trade the game back into Best Buy for $47.99 anytime during the period of the protection which is up to 2 years. Adding in MSRP with the Gamer Club Unlocked Discount for $47.99, 2 years of Geek Squad Protection for $7.99, and taxes of $3.36; came out to $59.34. In my opinion this is great information for anyone like myself with a huge back log and little time to play games (it takes me 3 to 6 months to finish a 20-30 hour game). Even if I traded in Dark Souls 2 23 months from now (assuming Best Buy is still in business and accepting trade-ins) I would have only lost $11.35 between the game, 2 year protection plan, and taxes. Lastly, I also purchased the PC version from GMG but could not resist the temptation to play sooner on my PS3. Caution: This is my first time accepting protection for any game so if someone out there has any experience with this combo please contribute.
Sorry, you were conned

I'm willing to bet it was this idiot not understanding what the rep said rather than the rep lying.
I'm willing to bet the rep had no idea what he was attempting to sell. A coked out Best Buy manager with a thick Persian accent probably told him about the plan and that they had to try and sell it. He probably then proceeded to pull out a switch blade and use it to snort a line off of before slapping the ass of Jenny over in Geek Squad, who is kinda cute in the face but a bit "chunky" in the mid section, you know the type. Fearing for his safety the employee pushes it every time.

I'm willing to bet the rep had no idea what he was attempting to sell. A coked out Best Buy manager with a thick Persian accent probably told him about the plan and that they had to try and sell it. He probably then proceeded to pull out a switch blade and use it to snort a line off of before slapping the ass of Jenny over in Geek Squad, who is kinda cute in the face but a bit "chunky" in the mid section, you know the type. Fearing for his safety the employee pushes it every time.
What the hell kinda Best Buy are you shopping at?!

... none of our managers have Persian accents.

oh yeah, you will get your money back and then you will be able to ride an unicorn and save the world. 
world-without-books-gifs-imagination.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP must be new and doesn't shop at BestBuy that often to really believe this :bs:

Plus super funny the only guy that likes the OP is named Shady LOL :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get a job at Best Buy.

This thread is still here?  I bet the mods are just having a laugh reading through this...

Lol @ acting like you have your own personal group off BB reps. C'mon son!
Not at all I meant no store rep/manager I personally deal with or BB mod would lie to me like what happened to the OP. Plus if I were to have even have posted something like this the OP would have a link to the BB fine print comfirming or link to BB.com to confirm.

I also have a backlog, I just play my backlog, wait for GF $9.99 sales and stay away from new release like the plague.
That is my stance as well.
Of course I will break tradition if its something I don't want to wait for like the recent Garden Warfare.

bread's done
Back