[DEAD]Best Buy:The Hangover Blu-ray $15.99

Emailed Amazon... hopefully they price-match.

[edit:] BOOOOOOOOOM!

Hello,

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change.

Since this item hasn't shipped yet, I adjusted the price to $15.99 as an exception.

Please understand that I'm adjusting the price because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.against

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Vinodh L.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Compan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to email Amazon about my pre-order as well... do they always follow through even though they say it isn't "standard policy"?

Where would I send an e-mail to Amazon at? I love these competitive pre-release prices on Blu-Ray movies.

//edit: Nevermind, got it.

Excellent, its a dollar cheaper than the Walmart order I had originally placed and now I can get it the day of release with instore pickup. Thanks for the headsup!

[quote name='n00bie']I emailed Amazon, and got shot down. I'm going to cancel my order and buy it from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

The movie comes out Dec. 17th, relax, Amazon will pricematch it before release.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Excellent, its a dollar cheaper than the Walmart order I had originally placed and now I can get it the day of release with instore pickup. Thanks for the headsup![/QUOTE]

Amazon is offering release day delivery for this.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Haven't seen this yet but I've heard nothing but good things... I'm still hesitant to buy a movie I haven't seen.[/QUOTE]

For that price it might be worth a blind buy. I thought it was an ok movie. Others think more highly of it. I think as usual all the hype gets your hopes up more then it should.

Now I am going to buy the damn movie. Wasnt before but now at $15 (which I hope becomes more and more common with BR) I can't say no. Thanks OP

Amazon is retarded sometimes. I emailed them a second time about the price match and again they shot me down. Now they have lowered the price to $15.99.

So now do I cancel my order and reorder at the $15.99 price or do they do their automatic pre-order price protection thing?

[quote name='n00bie']Amazon is retarded sometimes. I emailed them a second time about the price match and again they shot me down. Now they have lowered the price to $15.99.

So now do I cancel my order and reorder at the $15.99 price or do they do their automatic pre-order price protection thing?[/QUOTE]

It should update your order within 24hrs of a price change. If it doesn't I would just cancel and reorder. They seem to be pretty good at changing the prices on pre-order guarantees.

Still showing, I was thinking its preorder only, guess not.

This is somewhat hard to find in Blu... I looked at Meijer and Target both and they seemed to be sold out.. can it be that popular?

[quote name='Snake2715']Still showing, I was thinking its preorder only, guess not.

This is somewhat hard to find in Blu... I looked at Meijer and Target both and they seemed to be sold out.. can it be that popular?[/QUOTE]

This time of year + big hit movie new release = stock maybe be hard to find in some places

It still might be $15.99 on amazon, which is great if you're in a state with high sales tax like me. I received it on release day as well, which was awesome.

[quote name='trunks982']what? its the funniest movie this year.[/QUOTE]

To each their own I guess. I had a few chuckles and some cringes when viewing the Hangover but did not really 'laugh out loud' per se...but I laughed so hard in Pineapple Express that my sides hurt, even though other people who viewed Pineapple Express did not think it was that funny.

[quote name='seanhassars']no way I ever buy this movie for more than $5[/QUOTE]

I'll sleep better tonight now that you came to tell us that.

So we should pricematch this at Target and use the $5 off coupon to bring it down to $10.99, shouldn't we?!!?
Thing is - I looked at the Best Buy ad (I looked at the scan here at CAG) and it says it's $19.99 - Target will only match the advertised sale. Why is this price not advertised?

[quote name='chuckstaton']So we should pricematch this at Target and use the $5 off coupon to bring it down to $10.99, shouldn't we?!!?
Thing is - I looked at the Best Buy ad (I looked at the scan here at CAG) and it says it's $19.99 - Target will only match the advertised sale. Why is this price not advertised?[/QUOTE]

Because it's the price online, not the price in-store.

Hmm… so we should bring our Target coupon to BB in hopes that they'll accept it since they'll price match their own website, correct?

I thought they didn't but when I tried buying a BR player the day after a sale ended I brought in a print of the sale price and they matched it (even though I was a day late.) YMMV I suppose. Worth a shot for sure if you're looking to get this one.
Heck, let's knock the total own to $8 if you're doing the Axe promo.

I might have to go after work and get this. As for them PMing their site the one I go to does but they look it up online first.

[quote name='Scorch']Because it's the price online, not the price in-store.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh my bad. Damn, I try not to make mistakes like that.

[quote name='opterasis']I'll sleep better tonight now that you came to tell us that.[/QUOTE]
glad I could help. This was one of the most overrated movies of the year, jus sayin.

[quote name='sendme']I might have to go after work and get this. As for them PMing their site the one I go to does but they look it up online first.[/QUOTE]

I just realized you could also just order online and opt for store pick-up which may be easier than them looking it up and PMing–
and then hopefully you could use the Target coupon on it.

[quote name='crovakiet']To each their own I guess. I had a few chuckles and some cringes when viewing the Hangover but did not really 'laugh out loud' per se...but I laughed so hard in Pineapple Express that my sides hurt, even though other people who viewed Pineapple Express did not think it was that funny.[/QUOTE]

Wow...exactly the reverse for me. Different strokes for different folks!

[quote name='seanhassars']glad I could help. This was one of the most overrated movies of the year, jus sayin.[/QUOTE]

FLOL. And based on your comments disparaging the movie, one can safely assume you've never been to Vegas, never been to a bachelor party, probably never done a damn thing noteworthy or memorable in your life. Probably still a teen virgin, who simply can't relate or understand how the movie could possibly strike a chord with people. "Jus sayin."

That said, if you don't like the movie, why are you in the thread to discuss deals on said movie? Kindly get to steppin' and move the fuck along.

I would like to echo the post which mentioned to use store pickup. The website still has it at 15.99. I also had 15 dollars in reward certificates. Knocked my total with tax down to 1.06. I would have gladly paid full price for it though.

It is possible to get them to pricematch the website, but I didn't feel like dealing with any of the additional hassle or wait time.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow...exactly the reverse for me. Different strokes for different folks![/QUOTE]

yeah dont really smoke pot so pineapple was not really that funny for me. Hangover was not wonderful but pretty good, and I have not seen my wife laugh so loud in a theatre before this movie.

[quote name='freelancer85']Does this have the digital copy? Oh god! Please, please please... someone answer!

Edit: Otherwise suck this deal![/QUOTE]

yes it does come with one

[quote name='Snake2715']hmmm...

digital copy for sale!

I cant stand those damn things. One use? What if I reformat? Stupid idea.[/QUOTE]

You can only redeem the code once but you can make an iTunes backup with the movie on the disc and transfer it to a different computer/reformatted computer.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You can only redeem the code once but you can make an iTunes backup with the movie on the disc and transfer it to a different computer/reformatted computer.[/QUOTE]

Good info. I dont use iTunes however so that wont work for me... Didnt know that though.

I use creative players. Dont like DRM

I do however have a macrium snapshot of my currrent laptop so its just an image.. I suppose I could load up all my movies and then do another snapshot... but I cannot think of a single reason I would want a movie on a portable device. I mean I have a nice setup at home and on the go I am driving or listening to music, or doing something else. No small ass screens for me.

[quote name='joker______']yes it does come with one[/QUOTE]

Is there more then one version on blu? I bought mine at Target and there was no digital copy. On target.com they only list one version, and it does say digital copy included.

Does target have the Digital copy version?

I have a iphone does it load right up off itunes with a said code or something to that sort?

bread's done
Back