58 (100%)
Use code: TOEY738U
Target.com
http://www.target.com/Donnie-Darko-Silence-Lambs-Blu-Ray/dp/B002RTH2M6
Cheaper than amazon

51OrO6JKXnL._AA260_.jpg

I would have added more tags but can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are terrific movies. I definitely have to see Donnie Darko again as when I saw it for the first time, I didn't understand much of it. Could this package price be available in stores?

I haven't seen any two-packs at Target yet, plenty of other stores have had them though. It's free shipping though so JUMP ON IT!

Some reviews on Amazon say the transfer for Donnie Darko isn't so good. I haven't checked out reviews for it though. I was mainly checking to see if the Director's cut was included or not

[quote name='ssjmichael']Some reviews on Amazon say the transfer for Donnie Darko isn't so good. I haven't checked out reviews for it though. I was mainly checking to see if the Director's cut was included or not[/QUOTE]
The large image from Target.com indicates that it is the directors cut.
51OrO6JKXnL._AA400_.jpg

When did everyone buy Donnie Darko at Best Buy when it was on sale? Was it 45 days ago? (I have 45 days for BB Silver to return something)

EDIT: Actually, I think I PMed at Target. 90 day window to return this. Hmm...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Some reviews on Amazon say the transfer for Donnie Darko isn't so good. [/QUOTE]

Honestly, does it matter? It's 2 excellent (IMO of course) movies for under $14, and it's definitely an improvement over the dvd. People hear about the slightest issues with transfers and suddenly act like the movie is unwatchable.

[quote name='wasabi5858']shows 14.99 for me and $16.45 with tax. not as excited now :p[/QUOTE]

Did you use the promo code in the OP?

[quote name='opterasis']Honestly, does it matter? It's 2 excellent (IMO of course) movies for under $14, and it's definitely an improvement over the dvd. People hear about the slightest issues with transfers and suddenly act like the movie is unwatchable.[/QUOTE]
Well, I already own both movies on DVD, and if the difference in quality isn't that mindblowing it can definitely factor into whether one double dips. The price on these seems good enough to warrant it as long as the transfers aren't worse than the DVD. But that is why it matters if the BD isn't stellar - it might not be unwatchable but it's still more money for slightly more content/quality (and oftentimes less content).

I'm not sure if it was a question or just a statement, but Donnie Darko blu includes both the theatrical and director's cut, which is nice.

I own both on blu and they're both a nice addition to any collection. That said, yes, the transfer on Donnie Darko is done well, but there's lots of really grainy scenes due to it having a low budget and being shot on a really cheap film. Silence of the Lambs has some grain too (not as much as Donnie) but the colors don't really pop like they do on most blus. I believe this is intentional as the muted colors reflected the film's blunted feeling.

Great find OP! I hope lots of people take advantage of it.

Thanks OP. Never watched Silence of the Lambs and I need to rewatch Donnie Drako just cause I was confused when I first watched it.

[quote name='Shoeby']Hmmm, When I go for this, it comes up as $21.xx That is with the $2 off promo code.[/QUOTE]

Deal is dead.

It was $14.99 before the coupon.

[quote name='opterasis']Honestly, does it matter? It's 2 excellent (IMO of course) movies for under $14, and it's definitely an improvement over the dvd. People hear about the slightest issues with transfers and suddenly act like the movie is unwatchable.[/QUOTE]
It does matter, because a lot of us have a huge DVD collection, there is no point upgrading if the quality is just slightly better.

[quote name='swick']Not to beat a dead horse, but Donnie Darko's problems on Blu-Ray aren't related to grain at all (never mind that grain is *not* a bad thing). The transfer is just a blurry, soupy mess. I can't say whether it's due to the film stock, or the transfer specifically, or what, but I'm not sure how you can watch it and tell me that it doesn't look terrible.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Donnie-Darko-Blu-ray/2539/#Screenshots[/QUOTE]
When comparing the CE vs DC though the DC (which is the release in this deal) is considered slightly better in terms of color and ever so slightly better in image. At least according to DVD beaver's comparision of the CE :br: & DC :br:.

Comparison shots:
Theatrical blu
DC blu

Cropped 1080p capture from DC:
dddc.png

Cropped 1080p capture from CE:
ddte.png

Looking at the fleshtones in his face/color of grass, the evident film grain in the blue of his shirt and the detail of the grass- I'd say I have to agree with DVDbeaver in that it is considerably less hazy.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']When comparing the CE vs DC though the DC (which is the release in this deal) is considered slightly better in terms of color and ever so slightly better in image. At least according to DVD beaver's comparision of the CE :br: & DC :br:. [...]

Looking at the fleshtones in his face/color of grass, the evident film grain in the blue of his shirt and the detail of the grass- I'd say I have to agree with DVDbeaver in that it is considerably less hazy.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I see a slight contrast adjustment, but that's about it. Either way, the CE which is advertised contains both versions.

[quote name='swick']Personally, I see a slight contrast adjustment, but that's about it. Either way, the CE which is advertised contains both versions.[/QUOTE]
It's the DC that's advertised in the target sale.

bread's done
Back