[DEAD] Brutal Legend PS3/360 - $2.99 @ Best Buy

[quote name='Necrotron']So far, it doesn't disappoint![/QUOTE]
Famous last words. ;) Seriously though, I hope you are the rare person who enjoys the entire experience!

[quote name='Necrotron']I ordered mine online for store pickup last night, and walked in this morning to pick it up. Great deal.

Played the first level. So far, quite entertaining story wise and great Jack Black voiceovers. So far, it doesn't disappoint![/QUOTE]

Uh Oh.

I bought the game used a long time back for $5. Enjoyed the game and sold it back for probably this amount. I can't pass up buying a new game at this price though. There were a lot of achievements I missed anyways.

Well that really sucks. Not a single Best Buy around here has the PS3 version in stock. And what's the point of mentioning free shipping on the item page and not allowing shipping?

:wall:

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Well worth it at rental price. I rented it when it came out and got over 500 gamerscore by simply doing the main missions.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I pity the fool who plays a subpar game for imaginary brownie points.

[quote name='Flowstance']Hahaha, I pity the fool who plays a subpar game for imaginary brownie points.[/QUOTE]

You get money back on ms point purchases with the "brownie points".

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow lots of hate here. The game is easily worth $3, but it's not great. To me, the RTS sections worked perfectly fine, they just felt completely out of place. The developers strived to do something a little different and they did, but the results weren't all that great.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I felt about the RTS sections. I liked the game a lot more before the RTS parts were introduced.

I remember being tricked by the demo and buying this game when it was released. $3 is about what it's worth.

No brainer at this price. I was really looking forward to the game and have to admit that I was a little disappointed with it @ $60. However, I feel the game is worth $20 or so. The OST is absolutely amazing and integrated into the game quite well.

I should have ordered this yesterday for in store pick up. I waited and now that I want to order it its OOS at all the closest best buys around me. :whistle2:(

I can also confirm that the Rock Band voucher still works, even though it “expired” three years ago today (12/31/09). This isn’t the first time I’ve redeemed an “expired” EA code. I wonder why they attach an expiration date if it doesn’t mean anything.
Anyway, if you biting on this deal for the Rock Band songs, be sure that the copy has a “Limited Editon Bonus Offer” on the cover art.

[quote name='tresyn']I can also confirm that the Rock Band voucher still works, even though it “expired” three years ago today (12/31/09). This isn’t the first time I’ve redeemed an “expired” EA code. I wonder why they attach an expiration date if it doesn’t mean anything.
Anyway, if you biting on this deal for the Rock Band songs, be sure that the copy has a “Limited Editon Bonus Offer” on the cover art.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Just redeemed the code and the music pack is downloading as we speak! :)

This was the cheapest PS3 game i ever bought for $.97 at Sears a couple years back.Really not my kind of game but i like metal music so i couldnt pass it up.I think i ended up beating the game and traded it in.I'd say its worth 3 bucks for anybody curious,although id agree the RTS was frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']yeah but i have the dlc that helps you find the collectibles, so it's a catch 22. i can't use the dlc if i don't get the patch updates. lol.
and really don't worry about the glitch unless you are going for plat. im a completionist and i didnt even hit the high 70% completion bug until i went back and tried to get all the collectibles. it can be done, but it has to be done in one sitting once you load a pre 77% completion or else it messes up your save file. i got to 76% and it was working fine. saved it and now it is corrupted or something, doh. oh wellz. ill start over and save all the collectibles til the end... some day... i dont know anything about audio bug, i just know the saved game messing up past 77% or so. and they fixed it but ea won't release it.

also i loved tim curry in it! and the 3 groups were interesting, the metalheads, goths and demons ;) and even the glam alt versions of metal heads were hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Wait there is a patch that shows where stuff is located? I spent like 7 hours just looking for the dragons. I am still rocking the original disc software. (I haven't played it since my ps3 has been online).

went in today just to see if their site lied and indeed they had one copy left on the shelf picked it up and had to PM it from the site. saved 20 bucks as the guy said they were charging 22.99 for it

[quote name='bjstucker']went in today just to see if their site lied and indeed they had one copy left on the shelf picked it up and had to PM it from the site. saved 20 bucks as the guy said they were charging 22.99 for it[/QUOTE]
thats odd...the cashier rung it up at 2.99 earlier afternoon. He did chuckle because of the price but didn't ask questions. I enjoyed the game when I rented it when it was released even with the clunky RTS scheme.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait there is a patch that shows where stuff is located? I spent like 7 hours just looking for the dragons. I am still rocking the original disc software. (I haven't played it since my ps3 has been online).[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a patch, it was an eyeball that mounted on your car that looked towards any hidden stuff you hadn't found yet (dragons, songs, ect...)

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Game was pretty good until the clunky and unnecessary RTS portion started.[/QUOTE]
+1, it made the game unplayable for me.

[quote name='AnubisRW']It wasn't a patch, it was an eyeball that mounted on your car that looked towards any hidden stuff you hadn't found yet (dragons, songs, ect...)[/QUOTE]

Crap, I didn't know that. I wonder if I can 100% complete the game if I am offline and running the old software. Anyone know if it is possible?

Called up yesterday and even tho the site said they were OOS whoever picked up the phone said they had one left and he held it for me at customer service. Picked it up earlier rang up $2.99 brand new!!! Also decided to pick up the skyrim revised and edited guide while I was there with the gamer club offer.

I picked one up today, still on sale for $2.99. This was after I ordered one online for in store pick up, and they cancelled it saying they had none in stock. I knew that was wrong, so I went to that store today and they had like 5 in stock.

The free Rock Band DLC makes this deal even sweeter.
FYI, every copy at my store had the DLC included. EA definitely over-estimated how much this game would sell. haha

i picked up the last 360 copy at glendora ca. i wanted ps3 but it was out.

i did see a soul calibur v ce ps3 version there. i was tempted but decided it wasn't for me.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i picked up the last 360 copy at glendora ca. i wanted ps3 but it was out.

i did see a soul calibur v ce ps3 version there. i was tempted but decided it wasn't for me.[/QUOTE]

You're better off with the Xbox version. The ps3 is plagued with a bug that can & will corrupt your save past a certain completion point.

I actually bought this at release and only started playing it this past October, a whopping three years later :p I thought it was a blast. The RTS elements could have been more refined, but they didn't stop the game from being an enjoyable experience overall. Granted, I only got to about 80% complete :p I need to get back to that...

[quote name='fishface45']+1, it made the game unplayable for me.[/QUOTE]

Same. I knew it was RTS going in (I also bought it dirt cheap like others long after its release) but I'm sitting at about 75% completion because it became too much of a chore.

I picked mine up today. I allready played half through.

Ill insta trade it on vgfive as disc only. Get some trade points keep the green case and rockband songs for 3.00 sounds good to me.

Our BB pricematched the used copy to the new copy price without question or issue.. he was happy to oblige us.

For $2.99, I'm happy with even a used copy.

bread's done
Back