DEAD-Buy 1 get 1 50% off at KB Toys this weekend B&M (ALL games and accessor

TheHUZSG20

CAGiversary!
This weekend (2/18-2/21) All KB Toy and Toy works stores are having another storewide buy one get one 50% everything sale. The sale includes all games and accossories. Systems/hardware are not included. You can mix and match games and accessories and for anyone interested toys as well. The second game/accessory must be of equal or lesser value.

EDIT: The sale is over now but I expect it to come back again in a few weeks because when we got the signs for the sale we got 3 sets, we've used 2 so far so I expect them to run the sale again but I'm not positive....I'll keep you guys posted.

will have to watch this one... can't tell if it is legit or not just yet.... no offense to OP of course, but people like to make up deals once in a while... so i can never tell anymore

I work at KB Toys thats how I know. I started the post a few months ago about the 50% off games with the yellow dot if that helps with any clarification.

[quote name='TheHUZSG20']I work at KB Toys thats how I know. I started the post a few months ago about the 50% off games with the yellow dot if that helps with any clarification.[/quote]

that does make a difference :D i thank you very much for getting me many-a cheap games! lol

I was outside the local KB Toys and they only had signs for the Orange Tag sale. Then I noticed an employee putting up a blue sign with white lettering that said "ENTIRE STORE". After about a minute another employee (perhaps the manager?) took it down.

EDIT: Can anyone here figure out how to turn this deal into something "DS" worthy? I want a DS, but I can't justify buying it without a sale of some sort. I suppose I could get a DS for 150 and then Mario for 30 then Zelda Minish Cap for 15, but I don't think 15 dollars off is enough motivation for me. Drat, if only this sale included hardware!

Its not all games and accessories. It's only ones with a orange sticker that are buy 1 get 1 50% off, although there were a few items at mine that they didn't orange tag.. But doubting they will have anything as big as a DS or a game as new as minish cap

I just called the only KB Toys store within 50 miles of me to confirm, before I went down there in the morning. A girl picked up the phone and I asked her if they would be doing the sale. She said, "umm...hold on." I hear her in the background: "are we having a video game sale tomorrow?" Guy's voice: "How do they know we are having a sale tomorrow?!" Next thing I know the guy comes on the phone, says he is blah blah, the store manager, and that "they are not allowed to give out information on impending sales."

^_____^

Thanks for dropping the bomb OP, I think this is a pretty good conformation of the sale. Anyone else call their KB?

This could be huge, will BB PM this if it's in a KB ad or flyer?

This would mean that they would PM the first copy of MGS3 to $19.99 and the 2nd copy to $10 (with the 50% off @ KB).

If so this would be a total of $29.99 + the $5 off GGC coupon (witch I've used before for a PM, and I'll see if they'll use it for the $19.99 copy of MGS3). So that would now make the total come to $24.99 and the total would come to $19.99 if the "glitch" kicked in and the employee didn't notice. So I think I should try to pull this off and get two copies for my college dorm buddies (who would then love me forever).

Possibly 2 copies of MGS3 for $19.99 is too good of a deal not to try.

Well, the closest one to me is a half hour away, but I might make the trip. Hopefully there will be good news to report.

[quote name='3QGojo']This could be huge, will BB PM this if it's in a KB ad or flyer?

This would mean that they would PM the first copy of MGS3 to $19.99 and the 2nd copy to $10 (with the 50% off @ KB).

If so this would be a total of $29.99 + the $5 off GGC coupon (witch I've used before for a PM, and I'll see if they'll use it for the $19.99 copy of MGS3). So that would now make the total come to $24.99 and the total would come to $19.99 if the "glitch" kicked in and the employee didn't notice. So I think I should try to pull this off and get two copies for my college dorm buddies (who would then love me forever).

Possibly 2 copies of MGS3 for $19.99 is too good of a deal not to try.[/quote]

im gonna go out on a limb here and say....

no

[quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='3QGojo']This could be huge, will BB PM this if it's in a KB ad or flyer?

Possibly 2 copies of MGS3 for $19.99 is too good of a deal not to try.[/quote]

im gonna go out on a limb here and say....

no[/quote]

I agree... I doubt they'd PM such a huge title, this early, for such a price.

Well let's see, I've already PM'd MGS3 at BB for $19.99 and used the GGC to get the $5 off and make it $14.99. I've done it twice, so that means they gave me 2 copies of MGS3 for $30.

I'm doing the same thing by doing a PM this way $20+$10 = $30 for 2 copies, but I'm doing it in 1 transaction and trying to get an extra $5 off with the GGC for the $20 copy, it seems reasonable to pull off.

[quote name='PusherRobot']If you read the bottom of the flyer it says "Excludes Video Games Hardware and Giftcards"[/quote]

But not software and accessories. I think it excludes only consoles.

I dunno i'd take it as Gameboy Player is hardware accessories are like cases,stylus for DS, stuff like that , but ya never know. Also the GBP is like $50 so you have to find something else at that price to get it at 50% :(

Soooo, anyone know of any good possible deals?

Metal Gear Solid 3 is $20
Goldeneye: Rouge Agent is $30
Metroid Prime 2 is $30
I remember hearing somewhere that Lord of the Rings TTR is $30

Anything else?

I'm gonna head up to my Kb Toys and see what they have. I'll let you know if I spot anything decent.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='jboy']Damn, I thought this thread would be blowing up by now.[/quote]

yeah, me too. weird.[/quote]

The problem might be that either a) people don't have KB anymore in their area, or b) their KBs have crap at ridiculously high prices making a 50% sale meaningless. I know the I fall into one of those categories, therefore, I don't even plan to try and check this out.

i bought a C64 handheld t.v. thing 14.99
and got Resident Evil Zero GC for $5 instead of ten

whoop eee

EDIT:
I had the kind woman behind the counter scan the Final Fantasy/HD and it came up at like $100
she tried ringing in 2 and the second was full price
so no deal on that

I'm not to sure about the Game Boy player...my store hasn't carried them in forever. I wanna say yes it would fall under the catagory of accessory but since the FFXI with HD didn't work my guess is no. But if you can find a KB with game boys players in stock give it a shot.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Metroid Prime 2+ Golden eye Rouge agent for $45!!

Anyone know if games like Zelda WW and the original Metroid Prime still ring up for $5?[/quote]

Roque Agent sucks donkey.

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get price matches on the MGS 3's I bought last week and picked up Metroid Prime 2 and Ogre Tactics GBA both were $29.99

Hmmm, the one in Columbia, SC was doing just the orange tag items in the store. That took alot of steam out of it. Not much of a video game collection anyways.

Columbia Place Mall location

Edit - Just read the original OP again. Seems this KB might be behind the times. All they had were the big orange signs up. No other indication of being the whole store.

Went to the one in Burlington, WA and it was pretty thin for games not on GBA. I grabbed two Mario 64 DS, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda: Minish Cap. I really wanted a Zoo Keeper DS though...ah well. =P

I was in the KB in La Crosse, WI today and they have those half off second item signs plastered all over the store. Unfortunately, this store only carries GH,PH,PC and value titles. All crap!

[quote name='flaprabbit']Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get price matches on the MGS 3's I bought last week and picked up Metroid Prime 2 and Ogre Tactics GBA both were $29.99[/quote]

Are you talking about this:

52225233.jpg

!? If so, then wow. I'm surprised stores still have that game...

Oh, and I'm going to my KB tomorrow to see if they have anything worth getting. I know Metroid Zero Mission is $10.

Also, is this sale going to be advertised? My KB doesn't carry MGS3 for some reason, and I would like to price match at BB.

(Happy 1K posts for me!!!!)

bread's done
Back