[DEAD] Buy National Treasure 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray) for $19.98 + tax TOTAL

WiiDSmoker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (97%)
I just came back from Best Buy and got the deal of a lifetime.

Go grab National Treasure 1 & 2 on BluRay and go to the customer service desk.

Step 1: Say you want to pricematch Wal-Mart's deal (National Treasure 1 and 2 (Blu-ray) Value Bundle http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9905512). They will honor it since Best Buy pricematches Wal-Mart.

Step 2. You're total will be deducted by $10 each from each movie (saving of $20 so far).

Step 3. It will also deduct another $5 from each movie because of the deal Best Buy has going on with Disney Blu-Rays where they get $5 off.

Step 4. Show them your Manufacturer's $10 off National Treasure 2 coupon (image).

You're total will be $22.90 or around depending on tax.

I was so giddy with joy that I raced home to tell CAG.

IMG_1079.jpg

[quote name='voyagerbob']Do the $10 mail in rebate for $10 on the first National Treasure and your total cost will be 12.90 for two.[/quote]

[quote name='voyagerbob']Do the $10 mail in rebate for $10 on the first National Treasure and your total cost will be 12.90 for two.[/QUOTE]

my nt1 didn't have a mail in rebate inside of it :(

[quote name='voyagerbob']Where did you get the WalMart Pricing? Off the internet or an ad?[/quote]

click the link in step 1. I fixed it

to bad its OOS and it says pre-order at the top of the site.. my BB wont even price match their own website let alone wal marts online site. they always want a physical add

[quote name='Day1221']to bad its OOS and it says pre-order at the top of the site.. my BB wont even price match their own website let alone wal marts online site. they always want a physical add[/quote]

To bad they will. Best Buy always price matches Wal-Mart.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']To bad they will. Best Buy always price matches Wal-Mart.[/quote]If it's in-stock, they will.

Their on PM policy says it has to be in-stock for them to do the PM, even if they don't follow-through on it. Makes this YMMV.

[quote name='anomynous']Dang, they're selling this 2 pack in stores too?

Looks like I'm going to Wal Mart later[/quote]Agreed, with the $10 off NT2 coupon in-hand.

[quote name='sail0rm00n']walmart link still not working.
product not found.[/quote]Referral links screw up Walmart links. Just go to the Walmart site and type in "National Treasure". You'll find it that way.

I would put YMMV with that because I work at Best Buy and they are not suppose to do that. This would be a case of "stacking" sale prices. Most Best Buy's will do either the sale they have a Best Buy, Price Match Wal-Mart OR The Manufacturers Coupon (though if its not an original we are pretty picky about it, not me personally but the managers). I would say the best shot would be if you can get a copy of the entire receipt (i.e. date, store #, trans. #, etc.) and show that if they give you any gripe but def. this will be YMMV.

[quote name='Day1221']to bad its OOS and it says pre-order at the top of the site.. my BB wont even price match their own website let alone wal marts online site. they always want a physical add[/quote]

You can print out the following:

http://www.target.com/National-Trea...TIONAL TREASURE&rh=k:national pressure&page=1

It's both 1 and 2 for $39.99. Best Buy will price match it and their register will automatically deduct and additional $10.00 savings for buying both (store special in their ad). You then either need the manufacturer's coupon or the Mail in Rebate for NT1 to match the OP's price.

I got mine for $32 and change, but will be sending out my mail in rebate in a bit. :D

[quote name='NJMane']I would put YMMV with that because I work at Best Buy and they are not suppose to do that. This would be a case of "stacking" sale prices. Most Best Buy's will do either the sale they have a Best Buy, Price Match Wal-Mart OR The Manufacturers Coupon (though if its not an original we are pretty picky about it, not me personally but the managers). I would say the best shot would be if you can get a copy of the entire receipt (i.e. date, store #, trans. #, etc.) and show that if they give you any gripe but def. this will be YMMV.[/quote]

My cashier was kind of stunned when I checked out, but she didn't want to go through the hassle of calling over a manager as she had to do that initially for the pricematch. She tried to back out of the screen and take it off, but the register would automatically take the $10 off every time she tried to total it out. She tried twice then just gave me my total of $32.30

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']My cashier was kind of stunned when I checked out, but she didn't want to go through the hassle of calling over a manager as she had to do that initially for the pricematch. She tried to back out of the screen and take it off, but the register would automatically take the $10 off every time she tried to total it out. She tried twice then just gave me my total of $32.30[/quote]

Well if she was trained right she would have only adjusted the price match to $5 from Walmart per movie and then the $5 the system takes off would equal the price match. Thats what were suppose to do.

Thus, we price matched Wal-Mart but did not "Double Dip" by giving the extra money off.

I got BB to PM the target.com ad. Then before the girl hit total I gave her the $10 off coupon. It flipped to $20, since here supervisor was there she undid it really fast. Then she gave me the total @ $32 and told me that the -$5 on each was from the coupon.

I want say 'you frakkin lier, that's from the computer'. I didn't want to mess with the deal I already had. I'll go to another BB tomorrow and tell them I forgot to use the coupon. I can't believe she lied about it.

This is YMMV like a little bitch.

The coupon would not work unless a manager came over for an override, since the price match already counts as a price adjustment. Also, the bundle would be a separate SKU, wouldn't it?

Lucky you. These cashiers don't know what they are doing.

Does anybody else know more legitmate ways to get the two-pack for the LOWEST price?

Stay tuned. Frys is having a similar offer. Their price is $24.99 each or $39.98. Then use the $10 coupon to bring down to $29.98. No PM required! ;)

Didn't work for me.

He did the PM, but after that, he went back and adjusted the price of one of the movies 10 dollars higher, AND he wouldn't take the disney coupon (He read "Not ot be combined with other offers" on the bottom.)

I'll try one more best buy, as my local one had a bunch of boy-scout's working. I still think it's amazing that the people that work in retail CARE about their job. LOL.

Edit: Second Bestbuy didn't work either. Woman gave me some speal about not being able to price match package deals. This is very YMMV

[quote name='Megalith']The coupon would not work unless a manager came over for an override, since the price match already counts as a price adjustment. Also, the bundle would be a separate SKU, wouldn't it?[/quote]

There is a mfg coupon button they can just press and manually enter the value of any coupon you hand them. It is a fall back in case it doesn't scan right. no override required.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Stay tuned. Frys is having a similar offer. Their price is $24.99 each or $39.98. Then use the $10 coupon to bring down to $29.98. No PM required! ;)[/quote]

Not to be rude but I'd rather put a little work in and pay $19.99 rather than $29.98. But there are 3 or 4 retailers who have 1 & 2 for $39.99 so it's a good second option if Best Buy doesn't work out for people.

Hey WiiDSmoker thanks for posting this deal. Everything went smoothly for me. Can't beat $20 for both National Treasures.

[quote name='Lucky13']Hey WiiDSmoker thanks for posting this deal. Everything went smoothly for me. Can't beat $20 for both National Treasures.[/quote]

SWEET! glad you got em!

So, I went back to the Original Best Buy (The one 3 minutes from my house) yesterday, and the same keyholder wasn't there.

I just told them that I had it pricematched yesterday, but forgot my rewards certificates, and was wondering if they'd still honor the deal today, expecting to pay 29.99 for them.

They did the price match to 19.99 for each, and then the keyholder walked away, and the kid totalled my order, and was just like "Oh wow, AND you get the 10 bucks off from the promotion."

I ended up walking out of the store paying about 21.93. I didn't bother with the DIsney coupon. I still got them for 22 bucks. :p

I tried this on a whim, completely expecting to get shot down with trying to stack all the promotions.

Printed out the Walmart.com web page, which showed they were in-stock, and went over to my closest BB. They didn't have NT2 in-stock, so I had to run to the next closest one.

Presented the printout of the ad, saying that Walmart had them for $39.87, and if they could match it. The cashier asked for a manager (insert DUN-DUN-DUN tone), who came over and looked at the printout. He agreed to do it, though the cashier asked on how to do the transaction. I suggested that they knock $10 off each title, which would make them $39.98. She did so, and the manager signed off on the price reduction. She totaled it out, and it asked about applying the package prices for the deal, and it did, knocking it down to $29.98. I then offered up the coupon and said that it was for the purchase of NT2. She tried to scan it, though like all of these coupons at BB, it won't scan all the way through. The cashier looked a little puzzled and thought it was already applying the coupon, though I told her that it was due to the promotion running through today about buying both of them and getting $10 off. She applied the coupon as a manufacturer's coupon and did the $10 off. Out the door at $21.90.

I was truly shocked it worked and fully expected to get denied. Shockingly, it worked.

bread's done
Back