[Dead] Call of Duty and THUG 2 (XB/PS2/GC) $30 + $20 GV @ EBGames 12/24 only

[quote name='Scorch']:shock:

You know what.. I think i'll pass..

Oh man, i'm going to kick myself for passing on this.[/quote]

Its not that bad of a game I picked it up used for $30.00 and enjoyed it.

Got this too, reading this...

One Gift Voucher per person per address

Kind of concerns me, but I'd assume they mean per game, and if not that's ok too because my shipping and billing addresses are different and I'll just use the other address if necessary.

er... wait a sec here, they want:

Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated December 17, 2004 to December 24, 2004) and the original proof of purchase (UPC code) from the boxes

They want me to cut out the upc eh... that's fucked up, as usual, this kind of sours the deal.

I wonder if you could send a copy of them... I bet if it was a good one, that might work, or perhaps just take them instore or something, I hate ruining my games or boxes by playing disection.

You don't have to send the UPC, or at least I've gathered that from experience. You just need to send the packing list.

Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated December 17, 2004 to December 24, 2004.

So does this mean it has to be packed and ready to ship to me by today? And all I need is this form, my packing list and a photocopy of the UPC and I'm all set?

Hmm. I've always been tempted to bite this and Contra, but that still means I'm spending $30+. I guess I'll pass even though I should bite.

No, it means that your packing list must have the date (17th-24th) on it. I believe that you're allowed to send it in until the 15th of January.

[quote name='ajh2298']If I remember right a photo-copy of the UPC is fine for EB rebates.[/quote]

Sweetness, I have some photopaper that I might use for the copy anyway, that way it looks more "authentic" I doubt ebgames really gives a damn as long as you have a copy of the packing slip.

Yeah. Awesome deal. Man, if I hadn't already given my buddy his christmas present... he really wants this game, and he's broke. Oh well. I'll pass (reluctantly).

I asked eb customer support during the last round of gift voucher deals (a month or two ago?) and got an official response back that you don't need to send the UPC (or even a copy of the UPC). I sent a copy of the UPC with mine anyway, though. (I did get the voucher.)

And there's no gaurantee that they haven't changed their policy, but I doubt that would be the case.

Went ahead and ordered one myself.

The thing I hate about their Gift Voucher's is that you must use it up all in one shot, otherwise you forfeit the remainder of the voucher if you $buy$ something less than the voucher amount.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I think the packing list has to be dated no later than 12/24. If you buy this today, the only way you can take advantage of the voucher would be if they packed it and shipped it today. Might be kinda iffy.

[quote name='wubb']I asked eb customer support during the last round of gift voucher deals (a month or two ago?) and got an official response back that you don't need to send the UPC (or even a copy of the UPC). I sent a copy of the UPC with mine anyway, though. (I did get the voucher.)

And there's no gaurantee that they haven't changed their policy, but I doubt that would be the case.

Went ahead and ordered one myself.[/quote]

If wubb ordered one, then I think it's safe for the rest of us. :D

Receive a Receive $20 EBGames mail-in gift voucher when you purchase Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for GameCube, Xbox or PS2.

what the hell does this mean? (quoted from ebgames website)

there's too many recieves for me

This also applies to Neo Contra!!!!

I ordered one yesterday . . . $30 with a $20 voucher . . . $10 net.

not a problem to use it in one shot . . . add in some used games (for free shipping anyway) to a $10 or $15 clearance item!

The date on the packing slip references the date that the order was placed not the date that it actually ships. So just check your account status after you order to see if the date reads the 12/24/04, if not, you can just immediately cancel your order... no harm no foul.

I usually just cut out the upc code on the sticker and it will work. That wya I won't have to cut from the box

Question... what exactly do they mean by the "original packing slip?" Are they referring to the white recepit sheet that comes in the package when it arrives? Or something else? Never done this before, lol.

[quote name='GamerOfTheWorld']Question... what exactly do they mean by the "original packing slip?" Are they referring to the white recepit sheet that comes in the package when it arrives? Or something else? Never done this before, lol.[/quote]

I ordered 3 of these games and it only comes with 1 packing slip. Does anyone send more than 1 form in an envelope. I've only done one rebate before with EB and it was only on 1 item.

not sure if everyone knows this, but starting sunday you can trade in 3 eligible games and get any of these $30 games free (B&M obviously), and still get a $10 rebate from their little savings book you can get if you ask nicely (or spend $100+).

You've got to be shitting me. I just returned THUG2 to eb 2 days ago and repurchased it to get the $20 GV. Now it looks like I'm headed there again... The insanity!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='javeryh']You've got to be shitting me. I just returned THUG2 to eb 2 days ago and repurchased it to get the $20 GV. Now it looks like I'm headed there again... The insanity!!!!!!!!![/quote]

THUG 2 is only 30 online I believe... You may want to call ahead.

The deal maybe dead. Unless it's my browser, the link for the $20 gift voucher has disappeared from all versions of Hawk, CoD and Neo Contra. Might want to go back to the post with the rebate links and print now.

I think the reason they did that, is that there is no possible way they could get a packing list out by tonight at this time. Either that or they want to keep the deal limited only to those who know?

[quote name='schultzed']This also applies to Neo Contra!!!!

I ordered one yesterday . . . $30 with a $20 voucher . . . $10 net.

not a problem to use it in one shot . . . add in some used games (for free shipping anyway) to a $10 or $15 clearance item![/quote]

Not exactly, since you pay tax on $30, not $10. Plus the stamp... about $12 here, I'd think.

I wish I had some money I would have given this a shot, since I'm considering getting a used MGS 3 anyway and would just put the $20 on that, and I'm a big fan of the THPS games.

[quote name='wubb']I asked eb customer support during the last round of gift voucher deals (a month or two ago?) and got an official response back that you don't need to send the UPC (or even a copy of the UPC). I sent a copy of the UPC with mine anyway, though. (I did get the voucher.)

Went ahead and ordered one myself.[/quote]

I'm glad I ordered this around 8 in the morning. I definitely plan on sending the copy of upc just to be safe, but I'm sure I'll be fine on this deal. Now the question is what to use my gift vouchers on.

I'm sorry to bump this, but I have a huge question. I ordered CoD:FH on the morning of the 24th, but because of the holiday madness, EBGames didn't ship it until the 27th. I just received my game today, and the white packing slip in the box is dated 12/27 and not the 24th. If I send it in with a photcopy of my UPC code, do I still have a chance at getting the gift voucher? Or am I screwed? Not that it's a big deal anyway, but a free $20 game would be awesome. Thanks.

I'm going to enclose my order receipt that is dated 12/24, in addition to the packing slip. Hopefully that will work.

Jeremy

Should I jump on Call Of Duty for XBOX? Is it good for $10 AR?

EDIT: Just had a retarded moment :oops: I just noticed the date this deal was in effect. On a nother note, it looks like Call of Duty is now 29.99

[quote name='GamerOfTheWorld']I'm sorry to bump this, but I have a huge question. I ordered CoD:FH on the morning of the 24th, but because of the holiday madness, EBGames didn't ship it until the 27th. I just received my game today, and the white packing slip in the box is dated 12/27 and not the 24th. If I send it in with a photcopy of my UPC code, do I still have a chance at getting the gift voucher? Or am I screwed? Not that it's a big deal anyway, but a free $20 game would be awesome. Thanks.[/quote]

Print out your confirmation email (if you have one), include it with the submission and send in a small note to explain it.

Ya those fuckers did that to me too, shipping date is the 28th, bastards! If they don't give me my vouchers they can expect a return and a nasty letter naturally.

^ bump for an update

I got my COD on Friday and the packing slip indeed had a 12/24 date on it. My order was in the process of being packed on 12/24 when I ordered it but it didn't ship out until 12/27, so either they use the order date on the invoice or they just printed the invoice right away.

Either way, I'm getting my $20 gift voucher!

Jeremy

I tossed a note in with mine, since my packing list was dated the 27th, as well as a copy of the original order confirmation email.

Either way, because they shipped it on the 27th is no reason that I should get pinched out of the rebate.

All the extra documentation should make that very clear to them.

i thought I would let everyone know that I received my $20 rebate for COD even though the packing slip was dated on 12/27. i wrote a little note and included my receive from online... you guys should be expecting it soon in your email! :p

bread's done
Back