[DEAD] [CAN] FS - Xbox 360 Elite w/ GTA4 $100

Just placed an order. Right towards the end it says it's out of stock, and I highly doubt they're going to honour it, but whatever. Didn't cost me anything to order one with my Futureshop card.

OP, I'd change the thread title to include "Price Error" or "YMMV" since this is a clearly such a case. I placed an order, not really expecting anything.

I dont think it's an error. On the product page, it says sale ends sept 14. Does anyone know if its been up long?

That CAN'T be right, you could probably still sell GTA 4 for $40 on craigslist. Worth a shot, at least

EDIT: Site still says $99, but when I go to check out it's showing $329, looks like it's in the process of being fixed.

It says it's on for an hour though. I don't see it stating anywhere that it's for the first five orders. Then again, I didn't read too far in...

[quote name='DMPugh']It says it's on for an hour though. I don't see it stating anywhere that it's for the first five orders. Then again, I didn't read too far in...[/QUOTE]

The last part of the twitter on the link I posted:
This HD marvel has a lot in common with Kubrick’s monolith. Can you say one three three seven? http://ow.ly/pmL2 #beattheclock (qty: 5)

EDIT: Just saw your reply (i.e. that you saw it).. will leave this reply for others who were too excited to process :)

Having lots of fun watching the RFD crowd frothing at the mouth over this one :D

9 hours until I can pick up my copy of NHL10!

Promotion? lame, that means if I remembered my password I probably would have made it.

I was placing the order, it said $99 in the total but I couldn't remember my FS website login, so I did forgot password, still no forgot password email from the FS website..... of course it doesn't say $99 in the total anymore though, so..... lame.

Hey if anyone actually is able to get this with in store pick up, would ya be a pal and post your receipt?

Anyone save the webpage with the $99 price showing?

A copy of the ad and receipt would be enough to get this PMed at at least one of the Walmarts in my area...:cool:

Cheers in advance.

PM'ing with a webpage printout of an expired deal is pretty much the same as photoshopping it. I wouldn't do it.

If you want to QQ and rage at FS, go to RFD.

Geez I hate what price errors do to people. They throw out their morals as fast as they pull out their credit cards to order 20.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']PM'ing with a webpage printout of an expired deal is pretty much the same as photoshopping it. I wouldn't do it.

If you want to QQ and rage at FS, go to RFD.

Geez I hate what price errors do to people. They throw out their morals as fast as they pull out their credit cards to order 20.[/QUOTE]

Gee thanks for the lecture.

If you didn't notice I was requesting someone to post the receipt for any in-store pick ups. That means the sale would be completed today on the 15th in-store. Walmart price matches in-store sales and not online. Showing Walmart that a competitor next door has sold an item to its customers at a price below theirs on the same day is not trying to cheat them. Showing them an actual ad print out regarding an advertised special outside of regular business hours is also not cheating them.

Photoshopping ads is wrong. At least we agree on that being dishonest.

Re: Lone_Prodigy & ragnar14 -- I completely agree.. this is what has led me to spending more and more time on CAG and less on RFD.

When I did (valid & legal) price protection on my LCD and PM on xbox point (with the TRU 20% off sale), I wondered about the HTML issue too -- the CSRs never questioned the validity of a printout that could easily be edited. I wonder how much fraud they encounter in this regard?

EDIT: jto -- seeing as how this was a contest, I'm sure FS could provide conditions to the 5 people who "won". I'm sure it wouldn't be asking too much that they not post their receipts for price matching :p

My order was placed at 10:12 EST, so I'm not expecting anything. Still, my order status page says "As part of our extended customer service,you will receive a telephone call, at the number provided as your bill to phone number, providing further instruction to verify your order." Since I don't think I've ordered from them since changing my address, it makes sense they'd do this now.

I don't know if this step in the order fulfilment process says anything about my chances of getting this, but it looks encouraging to me.

[quote name='Talus']I'm pretty sure I was one of the 5. When I got to the checkout, it said '1' in the quantity remaining. I made the purchase at 9:10 EST. The sale started at 9.

Item: XBOX 360 Elite With Grand Theft Auto IV Bundle In Stock 1 $99.99

Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
When I went to order it said out of stock $99.99, and that was at about 6.30, so you probably did get one.

the post whore on RFD found out about this and now he is flooding the thread with his junk posts!

No cancellation here yet, I got my order confirmed and processed emails though. Just awaiting the shipping. *crosses fingers*

Well, my order is still showing as In Stock but I have yet to get shipping confirmation.

I'll be sure to update this thread when I hear something :)

[quote name='Rabid619']No cancellation here yet, I got my order confirmed and processed emails though. Just awaiting the shipping. *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

In your order details, does it show as In Stock or Out of Stock?

[quote name='jto']Gee thanks for the lecture.

If you didn't notice I was requesting someone to post the receipt for any in-store pick ups. That means the sale would be completed today on the 15th in-store. Walmart price matches in-store sales and not online. Showing Walmart that a competitor next door has sold an item to its customers at a price below theirs on the same day is not trying to cheat them. Showing them an actual ad print out regarding an advertised special outside of regular business hours is also not cheating them.

Photoshopping ads is wrong. At least we agree on that being dishonest.[/QUOTE]

What does a receipt show? An item, a price, a date. The website clearly states it was valid yesterday Sept 14, so it's an expired deal. The receipt doesn't say "limited quantities", and it doesn't say "only 5 available."

Showing Wal-mart that a competitor had a sale price on a similar item is not trying to cheat them. Trying to get a price-match on said item when you know it was a price error/limited time offer/bundle can be construed as cheating (depending of course on your morals.)

[quote name='Talus']In your order details, does it show as In Stock or Out of Stock?[/QUOTE]

Shows Out of Stock, which has me a little worried. I'll know soon enough anyway, the last thing I ordered from Futureshop online was here in two days heh.

[quote name='Rabid619']Shows Out of Stock, which has me a little worried. I'll know soon enough anyway, the last thing I ordered from Futureshop online was here in two days heh.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that Out of Stock means you're Out of Luck. But, I'm sure we'd all love to hear back if you ended up being successful :)

This was an amazing freaking deal!!

Lame. First 5 orders? I thought these deals were time-limited, not quantity. Anyway, a quantity of 5 isn't going to get me to look for deals very hard. :p

[quote name='DMPugh']...And just now I got another email saying my order has been processed, and will ship when it's available.

Huh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. I guess now we have some leverage with the customer service line...how can they say our order is processed and will ship when available, and turn around and cancel the order??

Sadness, I got an e-mail too saying cancelled, but I get 5% off my next purchase online at FS. My order on the FS website still says that it is still out of stock.

I still have not received any further information regarding my order other than my original confirmation. My order is still showing as In Stock. Time to call FS soon.

Got my 5% coupon as well, which is all I wanted anyway. I knew it would get cancelled.

Apparently people on RFD are boycotting FS over this. Some people on that site really need to seek mental help.

bread's done
Back