[Dead/Canceled] Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] - $15.24 Shipped at DD

Yeah, that is a super awesome deal, but I'm not even going to try with this. If it was Amazon or someone like that, I would be on this in a second.

the worst case is your order will be in limbo for months without a clue to what's happening with it. Otherwise it'll either be shipped or more likely canceled.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']just don't. they probably ship in like 10 years from now.[/QUOTE]

who wants to take bets this guy ordered 10

I'll give it a shot. In for 1. I did notice that deep discount has got crapier over the years. Now they even charge for shipping if the order isn't at least $15. Granted the shipping is bad but the point is they never charged for shipping in the past. They get shittier, raise their prices, then start charging shipping. Way to go deep discount.

If they didn't charge until shipment I'd order, but I don't want to be out even $15 for months waiting on this.

And if it's posted at SD, it's likely to be dead. Those douchebags.

They don't charge you until the item ships I believe. I don't think they ever charged me before the item was sent out.

I bet this is a price mistake. I don't show them selling this set for this cheap. I have had a copy on backorder with wbshop for a while now. Let's see if either of them ever ship me the item.

It took about an hour, but I got a confirmation email. As long as I get it, I don't care. It's like getting a surprise in the mail when you don't know when it comes.

[quote name='nightmare452']Just before I placed my order, it read that they don't charge you until the item ships.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they tell you your items are shipped for about 3 months before you actually get them.

I added it to my cart but then backed down. Even at that amazing price... I already have it on DVD- and can stream HD off of netflix. Thanks for the heads up though!

Wow, being that this is DD, I'm scared, but at the same time . . . I bit on the Shrek deal, and it did take them a few weeks (but only a few weeks, not the months that were predicted), but I did get it (today, actually). To tempt fate again, or not? :lol:

Edit: Oh hell, why not?

[quote name='bizman316']They don't charge you until the item ships I believe. I don't think they ever charged me before the item was sent out.[/QUOTE]

If you give them your credit card info directly, they won't charge you until it ships. If you use Google Checkout or Paypal, however, you will be charged immediately upon placing the order. According to them, this is Google and Paypal's policy, not theirs.

So, you've got a choice -- give DD your credit card number (probably not the best idea), or get charged right away for something that might not ship for a while.

I split the difference and used a virtual account number from my credit card company with both a time and a dollar limit set on it. If you have that option, it's probably the best choice.

i've ordered from them before and i'd trust them. they charged me and shipped the items promptly. the deal seems like too good to be true, $15 is a bargain.

I had an item take three months to ship, and it wasn't a niche title or an obvious price mistake, so I've sworn off them for good.

I just got in on an out-of-stock order of the Batman blu-ray set and I'm not happy with their new practices. Free shipping is now only on orders over $15 (I guess I missed that as I haven't ordered from them for a few months) and they charged me tax when I've never paid tax in the past with them. It still seems like a good deal at about $15 but I might cancel it if Amazon comes close. After all, I'll have months to think about it before it actually ships.

Like shrike, my last order took 3 months to receive. I left the order active as it was a pretty great deal but it was frustrating to receive a half-dozen fake shipping notices.

[quote name='sabin23']They also charge sales tax now in CA, they never did that before.

DD has gotten worse over the years.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they opened some offices in California. You can fault DD for many things, but I highly doubt they are charging fake sales tax just to make a buck or two.

[quote name='shrike4242']i had an item take three months to ship, and it wasn't a niche title or an obvious price mistake, so i've sworn off them for good.[/quote]

csb

Was there some huge fiasco that I missed that caused everybody to hate DD now? I ordered Terminator Salvation over the summer from them and had no problems, and I used to make gigantic orders a few years ago during their 20% off sales.

So what happened?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Was there some huge fiasco that I missed that caused everybody to hate DD now? I ordered Terminator Salvation over the summer from them and had no problems, and I used to make gigantic orders a few years ago during their 20% off sales.

So what happened?[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, their prices went sky high, their shipping starting taking an insane amount of time, in-stock availability was non-existant, and apparently they no longer have free shipping on every order unless you spend a certain amount.

For me, I guess around the time I really switched to blu-ray pretty exclusively maybe about 3 years ago the site took a nosedive and became useless. I still check these threads to see if anything changes, but apparently it hasn't. It's a shame cause some of these prices are nice and I too used to use them for a lot of big orders as well. Luckily most of their sales get PMed by Amazon if they stick around for more than a few hours.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Dead[/QUOTE]

Hm . . . dead, but my order is still open, they haven't canceled it. So maybe they do intend to honor it after all? Guess I'll see -- not really losing anything if they don't.

Though it's interesting that they're now listing the Batman Anthology as "currently unavailable" for ordering even at the higher price. Since they're certainly not afraid of backordering items, I wonder what that means.

Cancellation here too. I love that they also state that they hope you'll still make the purchase at the corrected price. When I checked on the corrected price, I couldn't even find the set.

Same with the cancellation thing. You do gotta love the whole "We do hope you put in the order again with the corrected price!" Yeah no.

I received the cancellation as well. Too funny how they state that they hope I will purchase the set at the higher price. Not a chance in hell.

bread's done
Back