*DEAD* Compiled list of $5.99 DVD box sets @ Target - 8/10 - 5 AM CST

guardian_owl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Update: Scattered reports of certain sets still at the lower price, so I guess I'll ressurect this for now.
A theory I have, if you scan a product and see it is full price, look at the rest of them and see if any of them have a different UPC code. I notice that some of the sets only have replacement UPC stickers on some of the box sets (ie 5 copies of MacGyver Season 2, but only one with a new stick over the UPC code). Then I checked half.com and it seems macgyver season 2 has 2 different entries, each with its own UPC. This might explain why the deal only works in certain locations.

This list was compiled from my haul, and dvdtalkers hauls from the original dvdtalk forum thread http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433459&page=1&pp=25 for background on this deal check the original CAG thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62284

Good luck to those venturing out this morning, if some of the boxsets on the list come up at full price, don't despair, as it appears to be random which if any of these ring up for $5.99, so keep checking till you've scanned all the ones you were wanting.

Happy Hunting!

edit: Everyone thus far has reported a no go so it seems this deal may be dead, so don't get your hopes too high if you decide to head out.

3rd Rock from the Sun S1
Band Of Brothers
Batman the animated series (Vol 3 confirmed)
Best of Johnny Carson
Blues Clues Box Set
Buffy Vampire Slayer (S1 + S7 confirmed)
Charmed S1
Dawson's Creek
Entourage
Fantastic 4 Complete Series
Friends (all seasons)
Gilmore Girls (s3 confirmed)
Hogans Heroes S1
Jaws 30th Anniversary
Joan of Arcadia S1
Little House on the Prairie (all seasons)
Looney Tunes Season 1 & 2
Macgyver Seasons 1 & 2
Magnum PI
Mary Poppins 2 disc
MASH (Season 1+8 confirmed)
Miami Vice S1
Monk S3 (season 2 scanned at Full price at my store)
Moonlighting S1+2
Murder She Wrote S1
newlyweds S1 + 2
Newsradio S1+2
Northern Exposure S3
OC
One Tree Hill
Pocahontas 2 disc
Remington Steele Season 1
Sex and the City (all seasons)
Sopranos
SpongeBob Squarepants (S1 + 2 Confirmed)
The L Word S1
The Pretender S1
Will and Grace

*Sniff* Brings back memories of the good ol' $4.99 CC Super Sale lists.

THANK YOU OP for compiling the list! Hopefully my Target will still have these DVD titles for cheap when I head to the store today, although I doubt it.

question is even if they price at 5.99 i wonder how many will be able to get them at 5.99... i know im going to waste my time going over there this morning

[quote name='slidecage']question is even if they price at 5.99 i wonder how many will be able to get them at 5.99... i know im going to waste my time going over there this morning[/QUOTE]

well with them not being behind the counter or behind a glass and assuming they have multiple registers open, i dont see it being a problem

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']well with them not being behind the counter or behind a glass and assuming they have multiple registers open, i dont see it being a problem[/QUOTE]

they can tell the workers.. if you see box sets ringing at 5.99 dont sell .

[quote name='slidecage']they can tell the workers.. if you see box sets ringing at 5.99 dont sell .[/QUOTE]

my point was that most cashiers could give a shit less and if "they" have such a problem with it, then id assume "they" would have all of the box sets that are included in the error put in the back until the error is fixed

Sweet merciful crap!! All of those are ringing up at $5.99?! I know it may be a huge YMMV, but I have to go check this out.

Anyone know which season(s) of Sopranos are scanning at this price?

I can confirm the Tampa SuperTarget on Bruce B. Downs don't have s**t! I scanned Band Of Brothers, Sex & The City S5-S6 pt 2 and Buffy S7 last night and all came out regular price.

I gotta make it to the other Targets lying around this area! There is one in this ghetto area I might have a better chance of finding these.

i think most stores have this fixxed by now . it was monday night/ tuesday morning people were grabbing these . but i will go check just for the hell of it

nothing in fort wayne. Not even jaws... I knew i should of got off my fat ass yesterday and checked. i checked 4, i was going to go back for more but the worker was giving me a funny look on maplecrest

According to other forums.... it maybe too late to pick up anything..... so if don't wanna waste time..... don't go....the deal was posted 2 days ago already.. most stuff been picked, taken away from shelf AND employees has been informed to not sell these dvds.... check other forums for more info.. good luck

[quote name='slidecage']i think most stores have this fixxed by now . it was monday night/ tuesday morning people were grabbing these . but i will go check just for the hell of it[/QUOTE]

Actually, i think it was Sunday that the first person posted about him getting these ...

FYI, the Target in Gainesville Fl, rings up at regular price. I tried various sets on this list both Monday and Tuesday and no luck.

I checked Fair Lakes VA yesterday. But only 3 or 4 titles - Band of Brothers, Sex S?, One Tree Hill. All full price and not knowing that some could be $6 while others were full price I gave up at that point. (I doubt any of them would be $6, but if somebody finds differently PM me.)

I didn't know there were that many with a price mistake. I only cjecked a couple but they rang up fullprice yesterday. I have one close to work I will check today.

I'm going to check later today. I seriously I will find a single thing, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Unless someone has already checked the Stamford, CT Target. In which case, stop me now! ;)

Target on Two Notch in Columbia, SC seems like a no go. Checked Band of Brothers and MASH s1. Both came up full price.

On a side note, I did find Kingdom Hearts on clearance for 9.98. :)

Edit: The Friends and Sex in the City sets seem like they got raped. Very few of them left. Did not check any. Figured they caught it by now.

I checked 2 targets in WDSM, IA no luck, checked OC, SITC, and BOB... DARN!!!

Anyone in IOWA having any luck???

Only one person on DVDTalk reported The Sopranos and 5.99 while the others had many, many reports. Don't get your hopes up on that one.

I only checked Batman and Band of Brothers at Target in North Haven, CT and they both rang up at full price :( Band of Brothers for $6 would have been amazing

[quote name='yeldarb367']Only one person on DVDTalk reported The Sopranos and 5.99 while the others had many, many reports. Don't get your hopes up on that one.[/QUOTE]

my brother was lucky enough to get 3 box sets from this deal (b/c an admitted hoarder didn't know they were $5.99), and he double checked sopranos prices but they all rang up at full price :?

[quote name='Hovercraft']ill pay someone 20$ if they find a band of brothers one. pleeeaase[/QUOTE]

Just $20? I would pay $30.

Stopped by Target in Tallhassee, FL in Bradfordville. Both Spongebob Seasons and Fantastic 4 are 5.99. Nothing else was marked down, though.

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone from Chicago been able to get any of these dvd sales?[/QUOTE]
Matteson has some of those Titles on sale, but not the major ones. ( OC, Sopranos, Band Of Brothers)

I tried about 3/4's of what's on this list earlier at the Target near Tri-County mall and all of them rung up full price. I was able to pick up some penny guides at Toys R Us though, so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.

Couldn't believe it, but the Sarasota, FL. Target still had quite a few of these ringing up for $5.99 this afternoon (Aug. 10). My haul:

One Tree Hill
Newlyweds (1, 2, 3)
Dawson's Creek (4, 5)
NewsRadio
MacGyver (1, 2)
Charmed (1)
Johnny Carson

Still looking for Gilmore Girls Season 3. Anyone with this one who wants to trade, please PM me. I'll give up pretty much everything except the MacGyvers!

bread's done
Back