[DEAD] Cowboy Bebop Remix: Anime Legends $29.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='thelonepig']Rightstuf has had this collection at $29.99 on their weekly deals many, many times over the last few months. If you can't grab it now, just watch for their deals (change every Thursday).[/QUOTE]

It's definitely been on there a few times and is right now. The only catch is that you need to buy $49 worth to get free shipping,

If you can wait for it to come back in stock, Buy.com still has this for $29.99 with free shipping. I got my copy from them a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='NeoJediChef']If you can wait for it to come back in stock, Buy.com still has this for $29.99 with free shipping. I got my copy from them a couple weeks ago.[/quote]Too bad they're sold out. :cry:

[quote name='genfuyung']I know a few people whos minds were completely changed about anime after i forced them to watch this. Its definitely a great example of what anime can be.[/quote]

My explanation to the anime newcomer is: they will guaranteed find at least one episode they will immensely enjoy out of the series-- no two episodes (excluding two-parters) are alike. Comedy, romance, hacking, drama, old flames, eco-terrorism, mistaken identity, sci-fi, mutants, orphans, alien entities, family, pets, drugs, watermelons, paranoia, bad TV, ransom, reward, rescues, mafia, kung-fu, gunfights, cows, space shootouts, gambling, viruses, redemption and best of all, just about every single genre of music out there put forth in a 26 episode package (and follow-up movie).

I don't know anyone that can't relate in some way to the five bounty hunters (yes, Ein's one too) as their stories continue.

[quote name='Watchman']My explanation to the anime newcomer is: they will guaranteed find at least one episode they will immensely enjoy out of the series-- no two episodes (excluding two-parters) are alike. Comedy, romance, hacking, drama, old flames, eco-terrorism, mistaken identity, sci-fi, mutants, orphans, alien entities, family, pets, drugs, watermelons, paranoia, bad TV, ransom, reward, rescues, mafia, kung-fu, gunfights, cows, space shootouts, gambling, viruses, redemption and best of all, just about every single genre of music out there put forth in a 26 episode package (and follow-up movie).

I don't know anyone that can't relate in some way to the five bounty hunters (yes, Ein's one too) as their stories continue.[/quote]

hey hey hey! spoiler tags around that... you basically detailed every episode with 1 word!

Awesome series and wish more of it would come....movie was just more of the same quality and great ending.

Here's the deal when showing it to newcomers:

Make them watch Mushroom Samba. Briefly explain who all the characters are, but then let them loose on that episode.

If they aren't convinced after that, show them any episode (apart from the ones in the overall arc) where Spike kicks some ass.

If they don't like it after that, then what are you doing wasting your time with them in the first place?

[quote name='xycury']hey hey hey! spoiler tags around that... you basically detailed every episode with 1 word!

Awesome series and wish more of it would come....movie was just more of the same quality and great ending.[/quote]

Which word gave it all away? That's my real curiosity.

I don't feel like I had to put a spoiler tag, since I didn't mention what happens specifically in which episode-- some of them are combined as well. These are all general terms to describe the genres of the eps.

Besides, anyone who comes by this thread and hasn't seen the show in the what, 5, 6 years it's been on U.S. television kinda spent that "no spoilers" card years ago.

Myself and many others live by the rule that if you haven't seen a film or animation within two years of it's release date, people shouldn't have to pussyfoot around to talk about it while you're in the room.

[quote name='Watchman']My explanation to the anime newcomer is: they will guaranteed find at least one episode they will immensely enjoy out of the series-- no two episodes (excluding two-parters) are alike. Comedy, romance, hacking, drama, old flames, eco-terrorism, mistaken identity, sci-fi, mutants, orphans, alien entities, family, pets, drugs, watermelons, paranoia, bad TV, ransom, reward, rescues, mafia, kung-fu, gunfights, cows, space shootouts, gambling, viruses, redemption and best of all, just about every single genre of music out there put forth in a 26 episode package (and follow-up movie).

I don't know anyone that can't relate in some way to the five bounty hunters (yes, Ein's one too) as their stories continue.[/QUOTE]

How could you forget mushrooms?!?!?! And refrigerators?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rihan']How could you forget mushrooms?!?!?! And refrigerators?![/quote]

Well, I also failed to mention dragged coffins, nasty soup, crash landings, talking satellites, ailuraphobia, restaurant fights, space shuttles and teddy bears, but I didn't want to give everything away. ;)

Actually...now that I think about it...

If you show people the opening credits and they aren't convinced, then there is something very, very wrong with them.

lol - I just got this in the mail today -- wow. just wow. I put aside my casebook reading and fell behind a few hours because that first DVD was awesome ... can't wait to see the rest.

[quote name='romeogbs19']lol - I just got this in the mail today -- wow. just wow. I put aside my casebook reading and fell behind a few hours because that first DVD was awesome ... can't wait to see the rest.[/quote]

You'll be sad when it's all over because it's done. Then proceed immediately to your local video store and rent the Cowboy Bebop Movie. It'll extend your happiness for another 1.5 hours ;)

FYI to those who missed this deal: Deepdiscount seems to keep it priced at $33.74 (along with other Anime Legends series like Witch Hunter Robin) which will be $26.99 during their sale...

Last edited by a moderator:
just watched the first Ep and thought it was better than the whole movie... can't wait to see the rest of the 23 episodes.

bread's done
Back