(DEAD) DDD 20% OFF SALE IS ON now until June 17th

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
The sale is on. DVDTALK works

Info from DDD's Dave at dvdtalk:
The 20% coupon excludes preorders, but applies to all DVDs, HDDVDs, Blu-Rays, UMDs, Posters, Storage Accessories and the new Puzzles and Board Games cateogries.

Your discount will show in your shopping cart and on your order history screen as a total promotional discount amount and will not be reflected on the line item basis.

The 20% coupons do not apply to Books, CDs, Electronics or Video Games.

However, we have discounted nearly 150,000 books and 15,000 CDs an additional 20% off for this sale. Those titles are marked with a "Mega Sale" logo and the price shown on the site is the discounted price--no coupon is necessary to get the discount on the titles marked with a "Mega Sale" logo. All of these titles will appear on the site on June 1 and there will be rooms for you to sort through the Book and CD titles on sale.

www.deepdiscount.com

Also here are past codes that may work this time around too:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
WCKG

fucking awesome. I can get Blood Diamond and Rescue Me on blu-ray tuesday with the discount! I always do the little rewards thing too during the sale to get the extra money off. :D

*looks at current bank account*

Damn, I can't even afford anything from the recent price glitch. :cry:

Looks like most of my wish list is out of stock anyway. :bomb:

[quote name='Maklershed']Gahh .. Pan's Labyrinth is out of stock :([/QUOTE]

You can still order it with the discount and it will ship when its instock. From my past experiences it usually doesn't take very long.

Is there some promo code to get the 20% off? Cuz usually it's mentioned right on the deep discount home page....but I don't see it...

[quote name='chicagoz']Is there some promo code to get the 20% off? Cuz usually it's mentioned right on the deep discount home page....but I don't see it...[/QUOTE]

DVDTALK and ESPN works.

I was wrong .. Pan's Labyrinth is in stock. I'll be getting that for sure. RahXephon complete collection is looking good at $50 too. Damn .. I was all prepared for the sale this year but now that its here I'm falling apart with choices :)

[quote name='rodeojones903']DVDTALK and ESPN works.[/quote]

Thanks. Now to pick out some HD DVDs. Hopefully I'll control my spending.

USATODAY works. I'm sure the usual suspects all apply again. Put in a quick order of what I was really waiting for this sale for. Then will carefully review my wishlist for more unnecessary expenditures.

Spartan
$5.99 Standard Shipping 1 $5.99

Before Sunrise
$9.10 Standard Shipping 1 $9.10

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Vol. 1
$39.69 Standard Shipping 1 $39.69

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [HD DVD]
$21.95 Standard Shipping 1 $21.95

Order Summary
Item Total: $76.73
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
Discount: -15.35
Tax: 0.00

Order Total:
$61.38

Can anyone recommend good quality / good priced anime from ddd? I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on RahXephon but I would like a few others to keep me entertained over the summer.

[quote name='Maklershed']Can anyone recommend good quality / good priced anime from ddd? I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on RahXephon but I would like a few others to keep me entertained over the summer.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Berserk? Best anime I've ever seen and I've seen a hell of a lot. Rahxephon is also a good, cheap option. That Evangelion Platinum set should also be relatively cheap. Not sure how much Full Metal Panic is, but I also recommend that.

Soo... that should at least help get you started. Not sure what kind of anime you're into though.

Well they definitely raised some prices. Seasons 4 and 5 of Sopranos went up from $56 to $68. So with the 20% off it puts it back to what they originally had listed. Seasons 1-3 are still listed at $44 though.

Lexx - The Complete Second Series -- $65.49
Lexx - The Complete Third Series -- $39.29

Item Total: $104.78
Discount: -20.96

Order Total:
$83.82

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

[quote name='Chacrana']Have you seen Berserk? Best anime I've ever seen and I've seen a hell of a lot. Rahxephon is also a good, cheap option. That Evangelion Platinum set should also be relatively cheap. Not sure how much Full Metal Panic is, but I also recommend that.

Soo... that should at least help get you started. Not sure what kind of anime you're into though.[/quote]

Ahh yes .. good call on Berserk. I rented the first three discs from Netflix and really enjoyed but havent gotten around to the rest.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5752228

For Cosby Show fans, seasons 3 and 4 are both being released next Tues the 5th, before the sale ends. Both are priced at $15 before coupon. Season 2 is also $15 BC but OOS.

What do you guys think about Outlaw Star Complete Collection for $25.39? And if its a go should I stick with that or get the Perfect Complete Collection for $30.48? (what's the difference)

Planet Earth-Complete Collection (Blu Ray) --$68.99
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl (Blu Ray)- -$26.83
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest( Blu Ray) --$26.83

Why Pay? $169.85
Promotional Discount: -$24.53
Total Savings: $71.73
Shipping: $5.95
Your Subtotal: $104.07

I decided to spring for the fast shipping, (well actually I clicked it to see the total, and forgot to take it off, oh well.

Good thing I read the OP. I didn't realize they added board games to the selection. They have an assortment of specialized Monopoly sets (some properly listed as board games/puzzles, some as CD format, so non-sale-able), including Nintendo Monopoly, though no Transformers...

I only got House seasons 1 and 2 for $43.91. I could've easily spent 3 times as much, but I still have DVDs from the sale 2 years ago that I haven't watched yet. =^x.x^=

First order:
1 FUN002113 DVD : HARE + GUU V.07 $ 14.63 In-stock
1 FUN002115 DVD : HARE + GUU-OVA $ 14.63 Avl 06/10
1 FUN012112 DVD : HARE + GUU V.06 $ 14.63 In-stock
1 LGE020423 DVD : LAST UNICORN (SE), THE $ 11.99 In-stock
1 PLM003071 DVD : DIRECTORS LABEL SERIES BOX $ 33.83 In-stock
1 TWC079712 DVD : PROTECTOR (WS/2D), THE $ 12.33 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 102.04

The Hare & Guu OVA Vol. 1 isn't listed as preorder on the website. I guess it's backordered.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']First order:
1 FUN002113 DVD : HARE + GUU V.07 $ 14.63 In-stock
1 FUN002115 DVD : HARE + GUU-OVA $ 14.63 Avl 06/10
1 FUN012112 DVD : HARE + GUU V.06 $ 14.63 In-stock
1 LGE020423 DVD : LAST UNICORN (SE), THE $ 11.99 In-stock
1 PLM003071 DVD : DIRECTORS LABEL SERIES BOX $ 33.83 In-stock
1 TWC079712 DVD : PROTECTOR (WS/2D), THE $ 12.33 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 102.04

The Hare & Guu OVA Vol. 1 isn't listed as preorder on the website. I guess it's backordered.[/quote]

FYI, I think you have to create a new account for another order, because it wouldn't let me use the coupon again

MrDubbs .. you'll see when the sale starts that there's like 10 or more codes floating around. If you use DVDTALK you move on to USATODAY, etc.

[quote name='Chacrana']Have you seen Berserk? Best anime I've ever seen and I've seen a hell of a lot. Rahxephon is also a good, cheap option. That Evangelion Platinum set should also be relatively cheap. Not sure how much Full Metal Panic is, but I also recommend that.

Soo... that should at least help get you started. Not sure what kind of anime you're into though.[/QUOTE]

i dunno if Berserk is a good choice, it lacks a clear ending...unless you dont mind reading comics

Cosby Show - Season 2 $15.24
Sopranos - The Complete Fourth Season $68.61
Sopranos - The Complete Fifth Season $68.61
Sopranos - The Complete Third Season $44.82
Sopranos - The Complete Second Season $44.82
Captain N: The Game Master - The Complete Series $21.09
Sonic the Hedgehog - The Complete Series $18.08
Venture Bros. - Season 2 $23.73
Godzilla: Final Wars $9.58
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Volume 6 $10.24

Item Total: $324.82
Discount: -64.96
Order Total: $259.86

[quote name='Maklershed']MrDubbs .. you'll see when the sale starts that there's like 10 or more codes floating around. If you use DVDTALK you move on to USATODAY, etc.[/quote]

Oh okay thanks, I was looking to make other purchase later

[quote name='moiety']OP - I think the sale is until the 17th. Could you update the thread title?[/QUOTE]

that changes things thanx, though sometimes they raise their change their prices so, id recommend ordering now than later. If they lower the price after u bought it you can just do a price adjustment

.hack//sign complete collection (anime legends) for the g/f :whistle2:D

and

Planetes Complete Collection (anime legends) for mwah bwahahahah...too bad they're out of stock for mine :(

bread's done
Back