[DEAD] Dead Island GOTY $19.99 (PS3/Xbox 360) at Amazon

yeah, i told my girl it was probly his internet connection. he kept scaring me away from it with stories of hard freezing every 2-3 hours if he played co op. i just sold my vanilla copy to this girl i know so her and my girl and i are gonna try to 3way it. probly find someone else to join too if it goes well.

I picked it up for 360, figured for $20 it was worth fucking up some zombies.

I'll gladly play co-op with anyone here on 360, just add my gamertag and send me a message saying you're a CAG'er

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, i told my girl it was probly his internet connection. he kept scaring me away from it with stories of hard freezing every 2-3 hours if he played co op. i just sold my vanilla copy to this girl i know so her and my girl and i are gonna try to 3way it. probly find someone else to join too if it goes well.[/QUOTE]

i LoL'ed hard at the 3way part

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, i told my girl it was probly his internet connection. he kept scaring me away from it with stories of hard freezing every 2-3 hours if he played co op. i just sold my vanilla copy to this girl i know so her and my girl and i are gonna try to 3way it. probly find someone else to join too if it goes well.[/QUOTE]

I wish you luck in that endeavor :D

the first time is the toughest, after that it's all good. what are we talking about ;)
it also helps when the girls are trying to out 'hardcore' each other :)

[quote name='Velo214']the first time is the toughest, after that it's all good. what are we talking about ;)
it also helps when the girls are trying to out 'hardcore' each other :)[/QUOTE]

velo, is the guy in the picture really you?

This game is a total buy at the price! Has some bugs and quirkiness to the characters, and piles on the cheese in classic B-Movie fashion, but that was part of the charm. Its literally like Fallout with a little bit of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (control wise) with an awesome setting and tons of zombie/horror movie references! Great stuff for horror fans.

As long as you use the character abilities and weapon specialties from the jump the game is a blast. I had a friend who said it was too hard but he had the black dude, who specializes in melee and heavy weapons, using knives and such. Once he figured that out he hasnt put the game down. I played through it twice, and this was with a heavy backlog! I never do that. This was my sleeper hit of the year. Pretty awesome zombie apocalypse simulator IMO.

[quote name='brewin']This game is a total buy at the price! Has some bugs and quirkiness to the characters, and piles on the cheese in classic B-Movie fashion, but that was part of the charm. Its literally like Fallout with a little bit of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (control wise) with an awesome setting and tons of zombie/horror movie references! Great stuff for horror fans.

As long as you use the character abilities and weapon specialties from the jump the game is a blast. I had a friend who said it was too hard but he had the black dude, who specializes in melee and heavy weapons, using knives and such. Once he figured that out he hasnt put the game down. I played through it twice, and this was with a heavy backlog! I never do that. This was my sleeper hit of the year. Pretty awesome zombie apocalypse simulator IMO.[/QUOTE]

LOL at the "black dude" part

This game is tons of fun in co-op. It plays a lot like Borderlands from my experience. In addition, the DLC is preloaded on the disk, but Ryder White is a singleplayer only DLC. I managed to find a used copy at GS and bought it with a B2G1 coupon.

It's not scary, although there have been times where I get so creeped out from the atmosphere that I stopped playing. I would highly recommend this game if you can find a group of people to play with.

This game definitely deserves the "Game of the year" title for it's 2 player co op. Not single, not 4 --> 2 player co op :)) The Major Whyte DLC kinda ticked me off that you can only play single player and the other really has no replay value because I'm burned out on survival wave kind of game modes.. Definitely worth 20$ :))

Debated this one for quite a few days only because I already have a decent size backlog and I know this fall is bringing even more new games I'm going to be playing, but after all that thought I ended up purchasing a copy for the xbox 360. I had an older promo code still sitting around too, so I only ended up paying $9.99... Good deal to me!

bread's done
Back