(DEAD) Diablo Battlechest $14.99 @ Amazon

I've actually never played a Diablo game yet I love the newer games clearly inspired by it like Torchlight and Titan Quest. Also, forgive the noob question, but I haven't played an on-disc PC game in 10-12 years as I get the few PC games I play via Steam. It used to be that you could install games from the disc but you still had to have the disc in the drive to play it. Would this game be like that?

I've come to be spoiled so much by digital PC distribution that I'd almost be tempted by the $20 price to get it digitally from Blizzard. Does anyone else sell digital Diablo codes for cheaper?

MODS: I messed up and posted a new thread about this. Sorry. I tried to delete it but closed it instead. Would someone please delete it? Is it even possible for users to delete their own threads? If so, I couldn't find out how even after reading the FAQs.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Why isn't Diablo 1 included?[/QUOTE]

Diablo 1 does not run on newer systems at all. I tried to install it and wouldn't even install.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I've actually never played a Diablo game yet I love the newer games clearly inspired by it like Torchlight and Titan Quest. Also, forgive the noob question, but I haven't played an on-disc PC game in 10-12 years as I get the few PC games I play via Steam. It used to be that you could install games from the disc but you still had to have the disc in the drive to play it. Would this game be like that?[/QUOTE]

If im not mistaken it did require the disc to play.

[quote name='Pig']If im not mistaken it did require the disc to play.[/QUOTE]
Blizzard got rid of the need for a disc a while ago

[quote name='Pig']If im not mistaken it did require the disc to play.[/QUOTE]

I purchases this game during the black Friday deals week. It does not require you to have the disc in the drive to play the game.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I purchases this game during the black Friday deals week. It does not require you to have the disc in the drive to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Damn, hopefully this goes on sale again. I would have picked it up knowing this. I hate having to have the disc in. I have the game but discs are scratched to hell and I lost my key codes.

[quote name='ephermal']Diablo 1 does not run on newer systems at all. I tried to install it and wouldn't even install.[/QUOTE]

This isn't entirely true. It does require some work, but I was able to play a game of Diablo 1 on battle.net two weeks ago. I'm running Windows 7 x64.
Been playing The Dark mod for Hellfire on LAN. Still very fun.

Diablo II can also give problems on Windows 7, but it's not too hard to get it resolved.

bread's done
Back