(DEAD) Die Hard Blu-ray Collection - Amazon Lightning Deal - $37.99

This would be great until 5 years from now, before Bruce gets too old they do "Die Hard: The Final Time to Die" and ruin the whole boxset

this box set contains the pg-13 version of live free or die hard, which is not as good as the unrated. not worth it.

[quote name='ctrek3']this box set contains the pg-13 version of live free or die hard, which is not as good as the unrated. not worth it.[/QUOTE]

whats the difference besides him saying "yippee kai yay muthafuckas"

[quote name='trunks982']whats the difference besides him saying "yippee kai yay muthafuckas"[/QUOTE]

there are a couple of lines in the unrated that work much better than the pg-13. its just a shame that the bluray version does not offer the unrated in any way, otherwise i would jump all over this.

From what I have read, the transfers on these are not much of an improvement over the DVDs. I don't know about that for sure, but I just wanted to give people a heads up.

Live Free or Die Hard sucks regardless of its rating. Just doesn't compare to the first three. Actually the movies got progressively worse, but I still enjoyed the back and forth between Willis and Jackson in the third and the fact that it takes place in NYC.

Was watching this, might have gone for it at $30...but nah, still satisfied with just my original Die Hard dvd.

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']Live Free is the only film in the series I don't like anyway, so I would wind up selling that or trading it in.[/QUOTE]

Really...I enjoyed that one.... Die Hard 2 was the crappy one... had the worst acting performance I have ever seen... the guy who played Leslie Barnes the engineer.

[quote name='ironman206']Really...I enjoyed that one.... Die Hard 2 was the crappy one... had the worst acting performance I have ever seen... the guy who played Leslie Barnes the engineer.[/QUOTE]
This ^

I would say for those who don't have Die Hard, just pick it up. Its a good price. I paid way back in the day like 40 for the whole single set during BOGO free back in the HDDVD vs BD wars. Boy where those awesome days :whistle2:D

[quote name='ctrek3']there are a couple of lines in the unrated that work much better than the pg-13. its just a shame that the bluray version does not offer the unrated in any way, otherwise i would jump all over this.[/QUOTE]

I felt there were pros and cons between the versions. It's been too long for me to remember the specifics, but I remember really missing one of the funny PG-13 lines. They replaced it with an R-rated line that was more gritty but didn't flow as well.

I loved all the films, so this deal was a purchase for me.

[quote name='IvanHood']From what I have read, the transfers on these are not much of an improvement over the DVDs. I don't know about that for sure, but I just wanted to give people a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I own the set and IMO it's definitely worth the upgrade, especially considering the price. I paid $39.99 for mine back in the summer time and it was money well spent.

Look at some comparision shots online; there is a healthy amount of grain, but there is definitely a bump in detail, and 4 especially looks much better on Blu, as does 3. The first two just have a grittier look to them, and I doubt there will be a better transfer out anytime soon, if at all.

bread's done
Back