*Dead* Dreamcast Collection $9.42 with FSSS

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
The Dreamcast Collection is $9.42 at Amazon with FSSS. This is the cheapest I've seen it by a few cents. Thinking it might be finally time to bite on this one. Or should I wait for even lower? This is the 3rd time I've seen it drop sub $10 and I still can't seem to be confident in pulling the trigger. I'm sure there are other hold outs that may want to snag it at this price though.

EDIT: Looks like it's dead already. If you missed out don't worry it'll likely drop around this price again soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of Amazon deals here tonight. This, Dragon Quest IV, Eternal Sonata, Deathsmiles... not to mention the $31 points cards.

Maybe I'm just spoiled at this point but I couldn't stand playing this for long with the lack of true game installation to the hard drive. As with other Arcade compilations it still constantly spins the disc regardless of if you install it. With a 120GB Elite that's already been repaired under warranty it's just painful to listen to that incessant whirring.

Crazy Taxi and Sonic were fun enough but I just couldn't get past the disc issue.

[quote name='vamn']There's a lot of Amazon deals here tonight. This, Dragon Quest IV, Eternal Sonata, Deathsmiles... not to mention the $31 points cards.[/QUOTE]

Damn I must've missed the $31 point cards.

[quote name='mac101010']Damn I must've missed the $31 point cards.[/QUOTE]

As did most. I heard it was live for about 10 minutes before selling out.

[quote name='mac101010']Damn I must've missed the $31 point cards.[/QUOTE]

Yea, someone posted it in the Live/Points deal thread and an hour later they were all gone.

[quote name='Kerig']As did most. I heard it was live for about 10 minutes before selling out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, around 10 minutes. Luckily I was able to pick up 2

[quote name='gubmccargen']Maybe I'm just spoiled at this point but I couldn't stand playing this for long with the lack of true game installation to the hard drive. As with other Arcade compilations it still constantly spins the disc regardless of if you install it. With a 120GB Elite that's already been repaired under warranty it's just painful to listen to that incessant whirring.

Crazy Taxi and Sonic were fun enough but I just couldn't get past the disc issue.[/QUOTE]

I'm having a reverse concern. With my 250GB HDD at capacity I need to avoid installed games as much as possible. I don't sit next to the console so disc spin noise doesn't concern me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm having a reverse concern. With my 250GB HDD at capacity I need to avoid installed games as much as possible. I don't sit next to the console so disc spin noise doesn't concern me.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really low on space myself and am having to make some tough choices about which games I keep installed. I like to have 6-8 of my recent games installed to quickly jump around with but it's getting increasingly tough with 1GB+ XBLA titles.

It's partially the noise but mainly my fear of heating up the console, which is out of warranty now. Does Microsoft really upgrade anything when they repair it? If so, I guess that's one advantage I have. The noise still doesn't compare to my 2007 60GB PS3, which is just awful even for non-disc activities.

If you don't want to install it anyway I would definitely say to bite on this. I can't imagine not getting $9 worth of entertainment out of it even if you only like a couple of the games. I know that a lot of people can't stand the soundtrack being removed from Crazy Taxi but as I never played the original release it didn't bother me. Besides, the 360 is so good about custom soundtracks why don't you just make your own?

[quote name='gubmccargen']I know that a lot of people can't stand the soundtrack being removed from Crazy Taxi but as I never played the original release it didn't bother me. Besides, the 360 is so good about custom soundtracks why don't you just make your own?[/QUOTE]

Exactly my argument to people that complain about the soundtrack being replaced. With custom soundtracks you could replicate the original soundtrack yourself if you wanted to.

Thanks for posting, almost bought this at Toys 'R Us for about $20. It is disappointing to hear that this game doesn't fully install to the hard drive.

I might get this in the future, the only thing really stopping me from jumping on this is I have a feeling this game will end up like my copy of Konami Collection Vol. 1 (the one with Symphony of the Night). The eco case damaged the inner ring of the disc and spinning in the drive made it worse to a point that a clean cut through the center ring of the disc about 1/4 of an inch is visible.

I put some scotch tape on it and played until I finished SotN. Haven't played the game since and put it in a generic dvd case.

I picked up a new copy for around this price from Gohastings. It was an error because I bought a used copy, and a new copy came in the mail. Good enough for me.

I wanna pull the trigger on this, is there any benefit to buying these games separately on XBLA?

Also, mention the free standard shipping in the title, if you can. Definitely a big draw for me. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up, thanks OP, it'll be hard to find for $9.99 or lower new. maybe $4.99 used in a bin at GS one day, but that'll be a while since they only discounted it like $5 during the Power Saver sale..

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow dead already. Back to $15.23.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I knew I shouldn't have waited for an answer. x.x My backlog/wallet thanks Amazon though. That is odd though.

bread's done
Back