Dead: Evga gtx460 $89.99 7/30-7/31 - Evga changed to a gtx450

SScorpio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looks like EVGA changed the deal or it sold out really fast but the page redirects to a GTX450. The email newsletter has also been changed and the graphic that had the GTX460 deal is no longer being shown.

I just received an email that EVGA is celebrating their 12 year anniversary and they will be selling GTX460s for $89.99 on 7/30-7/31.

While this card uses more power and runs hotter than the GTX560, it is much more powerful than anything else in the sub $100 price range and normally gets down to around $150.

http://www.evga.com/deals/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SScorpio']I just received an email that EVGA is celebrating their 12 year anniversary and they will be selling GTX460s for $89.99 on 7/30-7/31.

While this card uses more power and runs hotter than the GTX560, it is much more powerful than anything else in the sub $100 price range and normally gets down to around $150.

http://www.evga.com/deals/[/QUOTE]

There is a section called other for stuff like this. Id have thought being labeled video game deals one would know this section is for video games and that video cards arent games.

[quote name='gargus']There is a section called other for stuff like this. Id have thought being labeled video game deals one would know this section is for video games and that video cards arent games.[/QUOTE]

Most people buy new video cards so they can play games at better settings...

[quote name='gargus']There is a section called other for stuff like this. Id have thought being labeled video game deals one would know this section is for video games and that video cards arent games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess we should say the same thing whenever someone posts about a discounted controller too. No deals on consoles either! You know, since they're not games.

GTFO with that nonsense.

Don't be such a dick.

Posting a deal on a gaming graphics card isn't too much different from posting a deal for a console.

Idiot.

No doubt. Quit ur freakin whining. If you dont like the post title then dont open! Keep scrolling and scrolling....

Yeaaahhhh, this is definitely game related, so I'm not really sure what your point is here. It's not like he's talking about shoes.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Don't be such a dick.

Posting a deal on a gaming graphics card isn't too much different from posting a deal for a console.

Idiot.[/QUOTE]

yep. i don't think anyone would buy this card just to surf the internet.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hmm, should I pick up a third and go for triple SLI. I have a feeling my apartment will burn down if I try.[/QUOTE]

i thought the gtx460 can only be run in dual sli.

[quote name='teknomedic']

Does anyone have the exact model number so I can review specific specs?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

Be wary when purchasing this card. Myself and many others have had well documented problems with this card. Google "nvidia 400 series lockup club" to read more

[quote name='Rumors']Be wary when purchasing this card. Myself and many others have had well documented problems with this card. Google "nvidia 400 series lockup club" to read more[/QUOTE]

I was getting all excited until Debbie Downer came into the thread! haha I still want these, there are always going to be issues with electronics.

Omfg I gave up on PC gaming years ago but sold my comp last month.. Now my desktop can't even support pci express or ddr3 or whatever the new one is (if there is any).. Shit! Nice deal tho! Would have bought this for SWROR

Is there any reason I would want to use two 460s sli? Or does that really help that much anymore. I heard that using 2 cards was pointless now, but I dont know too much about computers. Is it ok using different brands of 460s sli together?

[quote name='offensive_jerk']My email says *after mail in rebate if that matters to anyone. Kinda ticks me off.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that too... Lame.

Judging by this... rebate from EVGA the GTX460 will probably be $109.99 and have a $20 MIR.

Although this does diminish the deal a little, it still is a solid price and being CAGs you know we all would use the MIR.

Hmm that is kinda sucky.

Are you sure iits still not gonna be cheap tho? Cause the 460 SE has a 20 rebate and the 460 has a 30. So like 110-120 then $90 after rebate maybe?

Although the card I bought had a MIR and got it fine.

I will say that I haven't had issues with any of the EVGA rebates in the past, unlike some other companies. But, I think it's a deal breaker for me. Don't feel like waiting around how many months to get it back.
Also, my HD4870s and my GTX260 seem to get me by since nobody makes a PC game anymore that isn't ported from Xbox.

I really want to buy this; my PC is long overdue for a videocard upgrade. But being the CAG I am, I always talk myself out of it because I don't really play any PC games, and can't really justify the cost.

A lot would depend on if I'm charged tax and/or shipping for this.

Anyone know how much of a boost I'd get going from what I have now, to this?
FYI: I currently have an E8400 CPU and a 9800GTX+.

[quote name='Otimus']Anyone know how much of a boost I'd get going from what I have now, to this?
FYI: I currently have an E8400 CPU and a 9800GTX+.[/QUOTE]

If memory serves you're already CPU bound, but adding DX11 and some extra juice never hurts.

I'm currently running a 9800GTX+ as well, but I can't remember my CPU model... might be an 8400 there too, lol. This would at least give you some good room to upgrade the CPU with.

Here's a good discussion on this exact topic:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/861043-9800gtx-oc-vs-gtx-460-a.html

[quote name='kendog1331']Is there any reason I would want to use two 460s sli? Or does that really help that much anymore. I heard that using 2 cards was pointless now, but I dont know too much about computers. Is it ok using different brands of 460s sli together?[/QUOTE]

although you could probably do just fine with 1 gtx460, these cards scale pretty well in sli and i don't see why you wouldn't at this price if you are looking for an inexpensive solution that should last you a while.

before the 500 series came out, the gtx460 was all the rage. many benchmarks showed 2 gtx460s in sli outperforming a single gtx480, costing less, and was pretty cool compared to the gtx460.

gtfo

For what it's worth

1) By default you do have to pay shipping when you buy from them, though they may also add a free shipping promo to this.
2) CA has sales tax, other states may as well.

Also the link in the OP is suddenly going to a GTS 450 on Newegg...lol?

bread's done
Back