[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad the TIVs are down, I buy games to play them and enjoy em, not make a buck. Every flipper takes a copy away from someone who actually wants the game.

In for TDU2 and DS3 if I find em.

[quote name='Enuf']I remember your post from before guess it wasn't that long of a wait LOL. You got it @ release with the $10 giftcard right?[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah. Though, without thinking i used a 10$ Reward Certificate on it

i heard the co-op was pretty bad in this cuz you can't save your stats/etc. any info if couch co-op or online co-op is better? or if they patched/fixed it?

[quote name='Velo214']i heard the co-op was pretty bad in this cuz you can't save your stats/etc. any info if couch co-op or online co-op is better? or if they patched/fixed it?[/QUOTE]

Couch Co-Op is definately better.

And the Online Co-Op isnt bad if you have friends to play with (Or if you start with someone who is just starting the game up). Playing with friends can make damn near anything fun.

About the BB Gamer Magazine... is it possible I could pick up the July Issue in store or do I need to sign up for a subscription? Sorry if it's already been asked, I just wanna be absolutely positive that I could get my hands on the coupon for Dungeon Siege 3 before Saturday.

If I can buy it in-store, where are they normally kept? I assume they're not out in the open or whatever because the coupons are essentially only available from a paid subscription.

Thanks much in advance!

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']About the BB Gamer Magazine... is it possible I could pick up the July Issue in store or do I need to sign up for a subscription? Sorry if it's already been asked, I just wanna be absolutely positive that I could get my hands on the coupon for Dungeon Siege 3 before Saturday.

If I can buy it in-store, where are they normally kept? I assume they're not out in the open or whatever because the coupons are essentially only available from a paid subscription.

Thanks much in advance![/QUOTE]There in-store probably around the gaming kiosk ask the dedicated gaming reps they know shouldn't be hard to find the mag unless the store hasn't put them out yet.

[quote name='DerClaw']Well, they probably realized that they could have some guy check like 4 websites everyday and they'd save like a million dollars in store credit by updating their TIVs based on that info.[/QUOTE]

qft. sometimes it's really amazing.

Today's amusing Best Buy story. I decided to get ready for the DS3 deal and pick up the magazine issue and also subscribe at the same time, as I understand can be done in store. So the cashier rings up my RZ card, the $5 magazine, and I say I also want to subscribe. He searches around his register, and finally scans a new RZ enrollment card, and says I will receive the magazine subscription details to my RZ registered email. Sigh.

Huh?! Wacky[quote name='splintercell']Today's amusing Best Buy story. I decided to get ready for the DS3 deal and pick up the magazine issue and also subscribe at the same time, as I understand can be done in store. So the cashier rings up my RZ card, the $5 magazine, and I say I also want to subscribe. He searches around his register, and finally scans a new RZ enrollment card, and says I will receive the magazine subscription details to my RZ registered email. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

my bestbuy knows me, so that's fun. i went in to cancel my ncaa preorder and the girls were laughing. they were like oh yeah the 40% tiv bonus, lol. they asked if i wanted the receipt for memories of the game i almost had, lol. tore up.
i told them i would be back tomorrow for ds3 and hopefully trading it in for 37.75. i guess that won't work now. infamous 2 still gets 37.75 so im gonna do that, woot

How do i know if im a RZ silver member? I have a rewards zone card but i don't know if I'm a silver member. Please Help. Thanks. Ok. Bye.

Edit: Whats a "sku" and who is the(a) "BB personal shopper"

[quote name='Eyes of Artist']How do i know if im a RZ silver member? I have a rewards zone card but i don't know if I'm a silver member. Please Help. Thanks. Ok. Bye.

Edit: Whats a "sku" and who is the(a) "BB personal shopper"[/QUOTE]

Just log into your account; it will tell you if you're Silver. You must spend $2500 in a year to reach this status.

A SKU stands for "stock-keeping unit" (not to be confused with a UPC). The SKU is a store-specific number used to track inventory.

If you're a Silver member, you can have a personal shopper track down an item for you instead of hunting for it yourself.

[quote name='stageman12']Just log into your account; it will tell you if you're Silver. You must spend $2500 in a year to reach this status.

A SKU stands for "stock-keeping unit" (not to be confused with a UPC). The SKU is a store-specific number used to track inventory.

If you're a Silver member, you can have a personal shopper track down an item for you instead of hunting for it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a Lot, that was really helpful. I have only spend $5 at Best Buy(Brutal Legend). $2500... never going to happen.

[quote name='Eyes of Artist']Thanks a Lot, that was really helpful. I have only spend $5 at Best Buy(Brutal Legend). $2500... never going to happen.[/QUOTE]

No prob. :) Welcome to the forums!

Everything I've heard about TDU2 is that its a mess. Are you guy just grabbing it because its $10? I'm mildly interested, since you can drive around Oahu, but not if the game is craptastic.

[quote name='gunstar808']Everything I've heard about TDU2 is that its a mess. Are you guy just grabbing it because its $10? I'm mildly interested, since you can drive around Oahu, but not if the game is craptastic.[/QUOTE]

Is the graphics updated for this portion? The last one came out what, 2 years ago? It'd be nice to see how fast I could drive from Hawaii Kai to Kapolei :lol:

Crap. Still no sign of my July issue and TDU decides to go on sale. (and I really liked the first one) sigh. I subbed back in like January with the $10 deal, and got 3 mags, but nothing for the last 2 months. So either something changed (which when I emailed they just blew off that idea) or my mailman likes the coupons and is keeping them for himself. :p

[quote name='splintercell']Today's amusing Best Buy story. I decided to get ready for the DS3 deal and pick up the magazine issue and also subscribe at the same time, as I understand can be done in store. So the cashier rings up my RZ card, the $5 magazine, and I say I also want to subscribe. He searches around his register, and finally scans a new RZ enrollment card, and says I will receive the magazine subscription details to my RZ registered email. Sigh.[/QUOTE]
Lol uhhh not too sure about that. Also if you pay the $15/year for the sub and pick up a mag today it drops the price of the mag to zero so.

It would be much appreciated if someone would upload a scanned copy of the $15.00 off Dungeon Siege 3 Coupon. I used scanned copies during their last promotion and they worked without a problem.

[quote name='barchi01']It would be much appreciated if someone would upload a scanned copy of the $15.00 off Dungeon Siege 3 Coupon. I used scanned copies during their last promotion and they worked without a problem.[/QUOTE]

Except that is against CAG policy... So... No.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Lol uhhh not too sure about that. Also if you pay the $15/year for the sub and pick up a mag today it drops the price of the mag to zero so.[/QUOTE]
Am I reading this right? Mag subscription free? How... If you don't mind sharing!

Here's an option for those that haven't gotten the current issue but subscribed to the magazine, I told the guy working that I had subscribed but haven't gotten the current issue and wanted to get DS3 so he looked it up on his pc and saw that I signed up for the mag, scanned the coupon from an issue on the shelf. YMMV depending on how nice the employee is.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Am I reading this right? Mag subscription free? How... If you don't mind sharing![/QUOTE]

No you get the first mag for free when you buy the subscription.

[quote name='atc250es']No you get the first mag for free when you buy the subscription.[/QUOTE]
Now that makes sense. Thanks!

I PAID MAY 13. first one is free and they said next 12 issue ship to my home.

i never got this magazine. i called CS they said i have to go store. i did

local store CS said They can not do anything.. i have to call BB CS 1-800-some shit

what am i suppost do?

Got shot down at my local store for getting the current issue free when I signed up for the magazine. The guy said I will be able to get it in a few days. Yeah, right..

[quote name='shurija']Got shot down at my local store for getting the current issue free when I signed up for the magazine. The guy said I will be able to get it in a few days. Yeah, right..[/QUOTE] doesn't the computer automatically discount it and show up on screen though?

[quote name='shadowkast']doesn't the computer automatically discount it and show up on screen though?[/QUOTE]

The guy didn't even try to do that. Anybody know if I can just show my receipt to a different employee on a different day to get the current issue free? This store is the only one near me that has the current issue for sale.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I could not find any TDU 2!

They are all sold out. I really wanted to try this game too, especially for $10.[/QUOTE]
I was looking forward to picking this up. I'm pretty sure el hoardo struck my 2 stores. There weren't even magazines around!

Anyone know what to do if your BB doesn't stock TDU2 or the GoW pack? All the BBs within a 25 mile radius only show a ship to store option, and from the fine print on the coupon it doesn't seem like that will work. I'll be cheesed if I paid for the mag and get screwed out of the coupons because of a stocking issue.

[quote name='GoVols']Did anyone luck up and got the TDU2 deal with coupon stacking?[/QUOTE]

I got mine for $10 today no issues

can anyone tell me the process to get gears of war triple pack for $10? i get $20 coupon off but what after? do i still need the pre-order for $5? anyone know when the gamer's zone rewards benefits for having the magazine will take in effect?

Just wanted to mention something to those who ordered their mags last month but haven't gotten them yet. I posted yesterday that I had to call to have some random issue corrected with mine. At that time I was told that my first mag would now not come until August (ok, it's not the end of the world) but I was told in store today that there will not be an August mag (because there are only going to be 10 in the year). The point being, I now know that I'm going to have to monitor exactly how many I end up receiving for my $15. I'd encourage you guys to do the same because this thing seems to be a bit of a clusterf... Again, it's not the end of the world, but seeing as how this is CAG, I have no intention of getting less than I paid for.

[quote name='shurija']The guy didn't even try to do that. Anybody know if I can just show my receipt to a different employee on a different day to get the current issue free? This store is the only one near me that has the current issue for sale.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to just go to customer service and have them do a return/return with the current issue. Some of the employees at my bestbuy always pull that off too without trying, but I always insist for them to at least scan it and try.

[quote name='bgame2']Just wanted to mention something to those who ordered their mags last month but haven't gotten them yet. I posted yesterday that I had to call to have some random issue corrected with mine. At that time I was told that my first mag would now not come until August (ok, it's not the end of the world) but I was told in store today that there will not be an August mag (because there are only going to be 10 in the year). The point being, I now know that I'm going to have to monitor exactly how many I end up receiving for my $15. I'd encourage you guys to do the same because this thing seems to be a bit of a clusterf... Again, it's not the end of the world, but seeing as how this is CAG, I have no intention of getting less than I paid for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't gotten mine in either.

I think I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and see what the hold up is...

[quote name='aznhero913']Yeah I haven't gotten mine in either.

I think I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and see what the hold up is...[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are thorough. Both sides pointed the finger at the other when I called. Then I got a great CSR (not sarcasm) who called @gamer and straightened it out.

picked up DSIII for 14.99 today on PC. Not a bad deal a physical copy, if only it activated through steam >_>

edit: I just tried the code on steam for s&g's and it activated, even though it doesn't say so on their help area regarding CD keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really if you just wanted the All Fronts Collection for Gears Triple Pack, you could buy it for $10 and trade it back in for $7 + 50% = 10.5 and keep the All Fronts code.

my store wouldnt let me use the coup on ds3. is there a memo from corporate telling them to allow the coupon to stack or is it up to the ppl in store. tia

[quote name='themon']my store wouldnt let me use the coup on ds3. is there a memo from corporate telling them to allow the coupon to stack or is it up to the ppl in store. tia[/QUOTE]

They should have let you used them without a problem. My store did - in fact I recall they scrapped the concept of not using coupons on sale items altogether.

I would try again tomorrow If I were you.

[quote name='themon']my store wouldnt let me use the coup on ds3. is there a memo from corporate telling them to allow the coupon to stack or is it up to the ppl in store. tia[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DIMONDA85']They should have let you used them without a problem. My store did - in fact I recall they scrapped the concept of not using coupons on sale items altogether.

I would try again tomorrow If I were you.[/QUOTE]
All I know is that when I tried to use one of these coupons back when AC:B was on sale for $39.99 they wouldn't let me do it. They said the coupons can't be used on sale prices and if I recall it clearly states that in the fine print on the coupon.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']All I know is that when I tried to use one of these coupons back when AC:B was on sale for $39.99 they wouldn't let me do it. They said the coupons can't be used on sale prices and if I recall it clearly states that in the fine print on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

They sent out a memo to all stores renouncing that "it can't be used with sales", but instead clarified it. It will work with hard/soft price drops (game has dropped price or game has a GC with it), but it will not work with sales like b1g1, b2g1 etc deals. This is what is supposed to be and people will tell you that you cab get things differently. This is just what they have posted last I heard.

I'll see if I can drudge up the forum posts on this. Or if Enuf is kind enuf he probably has it bookmarked

is the mag worth subing at the moment? one of the posts regarded that they only have 10 mag per year for $15 though. isn't it more worth it to buy it for $5 per issue for now since it's done? anyone know the cycle for it?

bread's done
Back