[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']is the mag worth subing at the moment? one of the posts regarded that they only have 10 mag per year for $15 though. isn't it more worth it to buy it for $5 per issue for now since it's done? anyone know the cycle for it?[/QUOTE]

You get one year from the time you receive your first magazine. Also you have at least 1 opportunity to flip a game to recoup losses of $5 in virtually every magazine so far (would say all but don't feel like doing the research from before I got the mag)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DIMONDA85']picked up DSIII for 14.99 today on PC. Not a bad deal a physical copy, if only it activated through steam >_>

edit: I just tried the code on steam for s&g's and it activated, even though it doesn't say so on their help area regarding CD keys.[/QUOTE]

DSIII is a Steamworks title, so that would explain why it registered with Steam.

Thankfully, I got a $10 RZ certificate just in time for this. The employee rang up the game, scanned the coupon, and applied the certificate. $5.38 was just too good to pass up for a relatively new game! :)

I'd also like to point out that the Resistance Double Pack coupon which states that it is valid from 6/30-8/27 actually states (in a little bubble) that the game is on sale on 7/5. So there is no way they can try to claim that the coupons can't be used on sale items. They're advertising it to say just the opposite.

Went in to my local store yesterday for DSIII, right from the start the cashier said "this won't work", I said "can you just scan it and see at least?"...Guess what?...it said right on the screen "GAMER discount $15 applied"....So, just ask them to try it out, hopefully you won't get some nag at checkout. Peace

[quote name='bgame2']I'd also like to point out that the Resistance Double Pack coupon which states that it is valid from 6/30-8/27 actually states (in a little bubble) that the game is on sale on 7/5. So there is no way they can try to claim that the coupons can't be used on sale items. They're advertising it to say just the opposite.[/QUOTE]

That's when the game released it wasn't on sale on 7/5

[quote name='ravens52bears54']All I know is that when I tried to use one of these coupons back when AC:B was on sale for $39.99 they wouldn't let me do it. They said the coupons can't be used on sale prices and if I recall it clearly states that in the fine print on the coupon.[/QUOTE]There's some company memo "BB insider" IIRC all the have to do is check that. Post #2 has the previous thread linked where coupons started to stack, not sure which page # but it happened very early on.

Ah man, I bought this damn mag for the Test Drive Unlimited 2 coupon but guess I waited too long... the nearest copy is ~50 miles away.

If any Orange County or Inland Empire CAGs want the other coupons (e.g. Dungeon Siege III) they're yours.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Ah man, I bought this damn mag for the Test Drive Unlimited 2 coupon but guess I waited too long... the nearest copy is ~50 miles away.

If any Orange County or Inland Empire CAGs want the other coupons (e.g. Dungeon Siege III) they're yours.[/QUOTE]

If you'd be so kind as to throw the Gears TP and Dungeon Siege 3 in an envelope and send them all the way to good ol' Missouri, I'd be glad to take them off your hands... and I'd be most appreciative! :)

PM'd.

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Has anyone confirmed that the coupon works with the PC version of Dungeon Siege III? I'm driving down and picking up it and subscription tonight if so.[/QUOTE]

Works. I got mine yesterday. Whether I actually play it is an entirely different story :whistle2:k.

Picked up the mag & DS3, coupon scanned with no problems, no hassle. I'm certain this has been said before, but if a cashier gives you static about the coupon, politely ask if they'll try and scan it anyway. This technique worked for me during the (Great) Super Monkey Ball sale at the lone location whose cashier said "Doesn't work on sale prices". I politely asked him to scan it anyway and he obliged.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They sent out a memo to all stores renouncing that "it can't be used with sales", but instead clarified it. It will work with hard/soft price drops (game has dropped price or game has a GC with it), but it will not work with sales like b1g1, b2g1 etc deals. This is what is supposed to be and people will tell you that you cab get things differently. This is just what they have posted last I heard.

I'll see if I can drudge up the forum posts on this. Or if Enuf is kind enuf he probably has it bookmarked[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']There's some company memo "BB insider" IIRC all the have to do is check that. Post #2 has the previous thread linked where coupons started to stack, not sure which page # but it happened very early on.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks for the heads up guys.

I'm thinking of subscribing to this, never had heard of it but sounds like you get some great deals. One question - can you cancel your Gears preorder after buying GOW Triple Pack?

[quote name='buddynayr']I'm thinking of subscribing to this, never had heard of it but sounds like you get some great deals. One question - can you cancel your Gears preorder after buying GOW Triple Pack?[/QUOTE]

That is up in the air. As the 2 are tied in the receipt as you cannot get the coupon without the pre order on the same receipt. Just went through this at my local BB that is ACTUALLY HELPFUL. It seems there is 1 CSA that knows the cashier system inside and out. She had to return rebuy my pre order and have a $5 manager adjust (I got the pre order when it took $5 off a 1 year sub to @gamer) to get everything to come out right.

Here's what matters to you. I suggested I just get another pre-order slip and return it later. She said that once I return the preorder the coupon would take itself off and I would have to pay full price.

I picked up DSIII yesterday and the coupon worked fine. The guys at my store always just let me tear the coupons out of the stack of magazines they have at their trade-in kiosk. It's almost like that's why they have them there. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

stupid question. if someone used the coupon out of the magazine on DS3. then could i use the same coupon on a copy of DS3. best buy didn't take the coupon from them just left it in the magazine.

[quote name='dkreegz515']stupid question. if someone used the coupon out of the magazine on DS3. then could i use the same coupon on a copy of DS3. best buy didn't take the coupon from them just left it in the magazine.[/QUOTE]
As long as you have a reward zone membership. The upc on the coupon is not unique so it can be used again yes.

Picked up tdu2 today, will hold off on ds3 for now

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Has anyone confirmed that the coupon works with the PC version of Dungeon Siege III? I'm driving down and picking up it and subscription tonight if so.[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me just now. Cashier scanned the coupon for DS3 and it wouldn't apply. They called over a manager and he pointed out that the back of the coupon clearly states that it only works against regular priced items, not sale items (such as the current 29.99 sale on the PC version of DS3). So much for that idea.

[quote name='hepcat1']Didn't work for me just now. Cashier scanned the coupon for DS3 and it wouldn't apply. They called over a manager and he pointed out that the back of the coupon clearly states that it only works against regular priced items, not sale items (such as the current 29.99 sale on the PC version of DS3). So much for that idea.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. The cashier scanned the game, coupon, hit total, voila. PC version for $15 sitting in my backlog. Like others said, it even shows the deduction for the sale, then right below that is the gamer's discount.

my bestbuy is promoting the coupons stacking. I brought ds3 to the counter and the girl said, hey if you buy this mag for $5 you can get that for $25, i then was like suave, hey babe, looky what i got here, and then pulled the coupon out of my wallet.
yes, it was so awkward. lol, just joking, but yeah, funny how some deny it and some are pushing it.

Anyone know if you can do the Gears Triple Pack coupon at the same time as preordering a game for the bonus trade in? I wouldn't mind getting it for 9.99.

Strange issue at my BB. The lady REFUSED to scan the Coupon for 15$ off Dungeon Siege (She wouldnt get her manager, and she wouldnt listen to any excuse and just scan the damn thing). But atleast i got my 20$ off for PMing it

Haven't received the new issue yet. Wanted to get TDU2, but it's not looking good. . . When did you guys get your issue in the mail?

According to MidnightMetal's post guides are $10 off if cover is $20 or more starting Sunday. The $5 off ends up being a pretty good deal on a new guide next week.

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if you can do the Gears Triple Pack coupon at the same time as preordering a game for the bonus trade in? I wouldn't mind getting it for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

Yes

I guess I'm missing how to get these magazines. Can I pick one up in store or what? I'm only interested now because I want the Resistance double pack and refuse to pay a ridiculous $40 but $25 is doable.

If you have to sign up where do I sign up if I can't pick up a mag in store?

Anyone in the NYC area know if there are any in-stock? I went to the one near Bryant Park and that's definitely a no-go if you want the newest magazine.

[quote name='hustletron']I guess I'm missing how to get these magazines. Can I pick one up in store or what? I'm only interested now because I want the Resistance double pack and refuse to pay a ridiculous $40 but $25 is doable.

If you have to sign up where do I sign up if I can't pick up a mag in store?[/QUOTE]

You can print out the subscription ticket from the gaming kiosk.

BUT..

There is a page in the mag that has a barcode you can have the cashier scan.

It gives you the subscription and you get to keep the magazine.

[quote name='aznhero913']You can print out the subscription ticket from the gaming kiosk.

BUT..

There is a page in the mag that has a barcode you can have the cashier scan.

It gives you the subscription and you get to keep the magazine.[/QUOTE]

Do they sell the magazines in the stores?

Is there any way to get the coupons sometime this week, say maybe Friday? Or do I have to wait till I get the magazine?

[quote name='hustletron']Do they sell the magazines in the stores?

Is there any way to get the coupons sometime this week, say maybe Friday? Or do I have to wait till I get the magazine?[/QUOTE]

They do sell the magazines in the store. They should have them all over the gaming area (my local store has them on the endcaps).

Okay, the BB on my way home last night accepted the coupon for DS3 without saying a word. Think I'll avoid the other place from now on.

[quote name='Velo214']my bestbuy is promoting the coupons stacking. I brought ds3 to the counter and the girl said, hey if you buy this mag for $5 you can get that for $25, i then was like suave, hey babe, looky what i got here, and then pulled the coupon out of my wallet.
yes, it was so awkward. lol, just joking, but yeah, funny how some deny it and some are pushing it.[/QUOTE]

Which store in STL did you go to? I'm going to try Bridgeton later tonight.

Loving TDU2 with the steering wheel. Gonna do a lil more legal drunk driving tonight!

The guys at my store were pushing the mag and the preorder 5 deal. Seemed to know their stuff. Pleasant surprise

Bought the magazine then picked up PC Dungeon Siege 3 for $15 with no problems at the Brentwood, MO store. I bought the mag first and was going to pull the coupon out but the cashier said he would do it the easy way and just scanned the coupon still attached to the book. Decided not to subscribe until I see another deal that catches my eye.

[quote name='shadowkast']Loving TDU2 with the steering wheel. Gonna do a lil more legal drunk driving tonight![/QUOTE]

Are you using the :ps3: or :360: version? I have the 360 wheel but picked up the :ps3: version of the game.

[quote name='Killbomb']Bought the magazine then picked up PC Dungeon Siege 3 for $15 with no problems at the Brentwood, MO store. I bought the mag first and was going to pull the coupon out but the cashier said he would do it the easy way and just scanned the coupon still attached to the book. Decided not to subscribe until I see another deal that catches my eye.[/QUOTE]

Was it the one that kind of, uh, looks like weird al for lack of a better term? That guy is cool. Brentwood is kind of hit-or-miss: the guys that are cool there are really cool, but the guys that suck there really suck.

You mentioned above going to bridgeton. I'd not recommend it, ever, I've had nothing but problems there.

I posted this question in next week's ad sticky but maybe one of you guys know. Next week any guide $19.99 or higher is $10 off. Can we stack the $5 coupon with that?

[quote name='DerClaw']Was it the one that kind of, uh, looks like weird al for lack of a better term? That guy is cool. Brentwood is kind of hit-or-miss: the guys that are cool there are really cool, but the guys that suck there really suck.

You mentioned above going to bridgeton. I'd not recommend it, ever, I've had nothing but problems there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's him. Name is Jason I believe. He seems a little out there but he let me use the coupon with the Blur deal last year and now this one.

Waited too late so I ended up going to Brentwood instead of Bridgeton since it's closer to my house. Haven't really had problems at Bridgeton though. When Alpha Protocol came out, they let me price match K-Mart's deal even though I only had a printout from their website for proof.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is not in stock all of my area???????? wth... Does anyone saw this game in near by LA.,CA 90020 ?

Picked up the last copies of TDU and the arcade triple pack in Davenport, IA. I'm really loving all these BB deals. Nothing better than picking up games really cheap.

bread's done
Back