[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the coupon was "Preorder and get the GoW pack for $9.99" so all of this speculation that you can somehow get it for free sounds rather ridiculous. If the coupon had been $20 off, that would be one thing but the coupon even says the price will be $9.99 after $20 off. I've yet to hear of anyone actually getting the game for free and the title of this thread should be adjusted.

Yes, you are definitely right. I paid $9.99 for it today.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm pretty sure the coupon was "Preorder and get the GoW pack for $9.99" so all of this speculation that you can somehow get it for free sounds rather ridiculous. If the coupon had been $20 off, that would be one thing but the coupon even says the price will be $9.99 after $20 off. I've yet to hear of anyone actually getting the game for free and the title of this thread should be adjusted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='etcrane']I'm pretty sure the coupon was "Preorder and get the GoW pack for $9.99" so all of this speculation that you can somehow get it for free sounds rather ridiculous. If the coupon had been $20 off, that would be one thing but the coupon even says the price will be $9.99 after $20 off. I've yet to hear of anyone actually getting the game for free and the title of this thread should be adjusted.[/QUOTE]correct a re-worded coupon would've made it simple but regardless

A $30 game on sale for $20 + a $5 pre-order is $25 & the coupon is for $20 off thus $5. The coupons also state "markdowns taken from regular prices" but we all know this is no longer true either. The coupon text wasn't made to be used when the game wasn't $30 but all that has changed. The main problem is people are trying to get around the $5 pre-order & by not fully following all the req. it draws attention to the full details of the coupon.

[quote name='Taboner']Yeah they really are annoying, but I've owned previous wireless models and that static is just disgusting. I love them so far. And my future desk setup should work well with them.[/QUOTE]

Just in case you're interested. I sold my x11 and bought a logitech F540 to use with the DSS. Its a wireless stereo headset which was on sale for 99.99. No static unlike the x41, and perhaps performs just as good as the x41. I guess if turtlte beach wireless headsets gives you static, then maybe otther branded headsets won't.

[quote name='atc250es']Has anyone gotten the triple pack for free? (with preorder)[/QUOTE]

I was shot down trying to do it last night :(

[quote name='Enuf']correct a re-worded coupon would've made it simple but regardless

A $30 game on sale for $20 + a $5 pre-order is $25 & the coupon is for $20 off thus $5. The coupons also state "markdowns taken from regular prices" but we all know this is no longer true either. The coupon text wasn't made to be used when the game wasn't $30 but all that has changed. The main problem is people are trying to get around the $5 pre-order & by not fully following all the req. it draws attention to the full details of the coupon.[/QUOTE]
You're wrong dude. Try to find a BB manager that will give you the game for free when you pre order GoW3 with the coupon. The game is marked down to $9.99, plus $5 preorder totals $14.99.

[quote name='infini2001']Yes, you are definitely right. I paid $9.99 for it today.[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order GoW3? I understand the wording on the coupon but since BB's system has been combining deals rather liberally it sounds like if you pre-order the game everything should come out to only $5 without adjustment. It's a moot point to me since i already have it, but I'm still curious if anyone has done the pre-order w/coupon yet.

Same here.Went to BB last night and the guy who helped was pretty cool and said that so many people have tried getting the GOW pack for 5 but no such luck. He did offer to let me get it without a preorder so that was cool. Question for you guys...im thinking of trading in my Tony Hawk: Shred bundle that i havent used and i cant find a value with for it in the video game estimator..the upc is 047875839243...i would appreciate any insight ...thanks!

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']You're wrong dude. Try to find a BB manager that will give you the game for free when you pre order GoW3 with the coupon. The game is marked down to $9.99, plus $5 preorder totals $14.99.[/QUOTE]Regardless of what the coupons states for $9.99 the $20 off must still be honored here's the response from BB Corp regarding this deal specifically if you have been denied you need to alert a BB Corp rep thru pm give the store #.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/m-p/308404#M1050

You need to convince someone to override the system to get the game free. Currently the game rings up 9.99 after applying the coupon.

the receipt from today reads like this:
GEARS OF WAR TRIPLE PACK 9.99
REG $29.99
-10 SALE DISC
-10 PACK DISC

the pre-order and the coupon and the triple pack were scanned in the same transaction.

[quote name='chazPalm']You need to convince someone to override the system to get the game free. Currently the game rings up 9.99 after applying the coupon.

the receipt from today reads like this:
GEARS OF WAR TRIPLE PACK 9.99
REG $29.99
-10 SALE DISC
-10 PACK DISC

the pre-order and the coupon and the triple pack were scanned in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

That's weird since the sale price is $20. The system is really buggy on this one.

I hope Resistance pack goes on sale before the coupon expires. It seems every week has something on sale from the coupons.

If you had a problem with the coupon, follow enuf's advice and contact customer service. After my poor experience, CS was able to rectify the situation.

[quote name='jeebert']If you had a problem with the coupon, follow enuf's advice and contact customer service. After my poor experience, CS was able to rectify the situation.[/QUOTE]

Just got shot down as well. How was your conversation with CS? Just want to get an idea of how to phrase it. Thanks!

Has anyone tried using this coupon with additional purchases so your total is more than free (or $5 w/gears preorder)? Meaning, has anyone tried purchasing this with something so the total is over $50 so as to try to avoid red flags?

do you need a subscription to @gamer magazine or proof of purchase of an @gamer magazine to use one of the coupons found inside of one? Or can you just pull one out of a magazine and use it?

[quote name='Bong']do you need a subscription to @gamer magazine or proof of purchase of an @gamer magazine to use one of the coupons found inside of one? Or can you just pull one out of a magazine and use it?[/QUOTE]

if you're implying you want to go in the store grab a magazine not buy it. pull the coupons out of the magazine then use said coupons in store. Then fuck off.
If not then you need to sign up via the rewards zone gamers club thing on the website to use coupons.

if you're implying you want to go in the store grab a magazine not buy it. pull the coupons out of the magazine then use said coupons in store. Then
shaqfu.gif
off.
If not then you need to sign up via the rewards zone gamers club thing on the website to use coupons.

So..... does that mean you can pull THE ONE coupon out of the magazine then use said coupon? or not? That response was not useful or helpful

If the magazine is not on your Game Rewards card from a previous purchase, then they will immediately call the cops. Trust me, it happened to someone I knew.

haha thats false. Theres no way for them to prove I didnt get it from a friend, family member, etc... who would have purchased it. There is also no way to make me divulge a name if i dont want to

just got off the phone with my local best buy (Baldwin, NY) they said they dont need proof of purchase of a physical magazine, they just need the coupon. So thanks for nothing... I am in the Reward Zone Gamers Club and I will gladly take the coupon my friend gave me WITHOUT buying an @gamer magazine, get 15$ off Resistance that is on sale for 10$ off, and make the total 15$. BOOM

Your name is on your Game Rewards card, but I guess if you got everything figured out it doesn't really matter, does it?

Karina has replied back if you have overpaid for GoW triple pack or haven't purchased it yet follow the link she'll resolve the issue. MAKE SURE TO VOICE ALL CONCERNS!!!! whether it be with stores not price matching correctly/at all, @gamer coupons, not allowing you to use RZ cert in conbination with sales, pm's, @gamer coupons etc. Allowing them to correct/alert/inform store managers at 1 time will greatly streamline the process.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

Hey Enuf, is it true they don't price match their website starting June something or was the Manager making more bologna? I read that on this forum.

[quote name='taylort3']lol i guess best buy removed the link and killed Karina already[/QUOTE]

:applause: I guess Best Buy doesn't like admitting their wrong. I don't see them beating Gamestop anytime soon with the way they're acting.

[quote name='karyadi']Hey Enuf, is it true they don't price match their website starting June something or was the Manager making more bologna? I read that on this forum.[/QUOTE]
link fixed
I think they'll always match BB.com as long as it doesn't say "online only" they advertise it as a selling point vs walmart in my area.

BB sales is up for next week. Think the Resistance pack coupon will stack with the B1 G150% off? I assume it would, but that sounds a bit tricky for the stupid IT guys that can't even get the correct Resistance price on the website. Sorry, I'm just a little mad for not getting it at $15 this week. :bomb:

[quote name='taylort3']lol i guess best buy removed the link and killed Karina already[/QUOTE]

So Karina is dead...at least she did something useful with her life, helping a few CAG's get a free game before getting rubbed out by Best Buy.

You didn't die in vain, girl! :cry:

Did anyone hear back from karina? I know it's only been half a day, but I kinda expected a response pm'ing her after she posted yesterday.

[quote name='boneless']BB sales is up for next week. Think the Resistance pack coupon will stack with the B1 G150% off? I assume it would, but that sounds a bit tricky for the stupid IT guys that can't even get the correct Resistance price on the website. Sorry, I'm just a little mad for not getting it at $15 this week. :bomb:[/QUOTE]B1G1 are "package deals" they won't stack, if the coupon is scanned it'll negate the B1G1 altogether. Plus, the coupon off the sale price is cheaper than 50% of reg. price.

[quote name='Spafon']Did anyone hear back from karina? I know it's only been half a day, but I kinda expected a response pm'ing her after she posted yesterday.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure if all the CC work wknds considering most are already posting throughout the week too. My guess would be people who overpaid would either be credited the $10-$15 back & those who wanted the deal would be assisted to get + the pre-order.

Hey Enuf, do you have a link to where it says Best Buy takes disc only trades? I'm going to do a few and want to have the link ready for them when I go in, just to be safe. Thanks.

[quote name='Bigred250']Hey Enuf, do you have a link to where it says Best Buy takes disc only trades? I'm going to do a few and want to have the link ready for them when I go in, just to be safe. Thanks.[/QUOTE]Nothing official I just remember seeing people confirm it in various threads, my advice call your BB, get connected to the gaming rep, confirm w/him or her(get their name or the name of who will be there when you come.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&id=cat12090

[quote name='Enuf']B1G1 are "package deals" they won't stack, if the coupon is scanned it'll negate the B1G1 altogether. Plus, the coupon off the sale price is cheaper than 50% of reg. price.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of the combined savings from getting a second game, but it's all moot anyhow since the coupon won't work.

just sent a PM to Katrina, i hope i get everything sorted out. i also got overcharged for gears, great stuff best buy, great stuff.

however if they do resolve my problem by informing the store, price matching at best buy will be a lot more easier. the employee i had to deal with today was being rude even before i decided to charge anything. some of the other ones i dealt before with were really nice so i know i can go to them next time.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']technically you're not entitled to getting gears free.
It clearly says Get the game for $9.99
$20 off regular price of $29.99 = $9.99[/QUOTE]

Technically you would not be getting it for "Free" as it is considered a packaged deal with pre-order of Gears 3 for $5....and yes, the best buy forum community managers confirmed that it should be this price as the coupon should be applied AFTER the sale price. I get that it is a bit ambiguous, but the coupon does SAY both $20 off and get it for $9.99. It does NOT Mention "off regular price" except for in the fine print (Where ALL of the @gamer (and even the previous free rewardzone coupons did as well)) but again, according to bestbuy policy the coupons do stack with ad prices.

Tried to get the Resistance dual pack, came out to 24.99, manager tried twice but couldn't override the computer. Also bought the DX11, the X11 headset itself is a big POS, tinny, distorted. And the DSS is so so given you have a good headset to pair them up with. I returned it, wasn't even worth the sale price of 70. wasted 5 bucks on that cheap magazine. They are catching on to these coupon sales to game sales.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Tried to get the Resistance dual pack, came out to 24.99, manager tried twice but couldn't override the computer. Also bought the DX11, the X11 headset itself is a big POS, tinny, distorted. And the DSS is so so given you have a good headset to pair them up with. I returned it, wasn't even worth the sale price of 70. wasted 5 bucks on that cheap magazine. They are catching on to these coupon sales to game sales.[/QUOTE]

You're joking right? It's the same fucking thing as the x41's, but has wires.

bread's done
Back