[DEAD] Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collectors Edition $59.99!

[quote name='Vap']Did anyone buy this from best buy and get their exclusive book? If so is it worth buying that version or should I just wait for a price drop? (still have part 1 in my back log)[/QUOTE]

I really like thr book. The book itself is running around 40 on eBay. So you could technically pay 20 for the game..

[quote name='backseatdog']Could I do a return/rebuy if I never opened my copy and get $20 back? Should have never preordered this thing if I wasn't even going to play it right away.[/QUOTE]

I've already opened my copy and still successfully PMed this at BB tonight before they closed. Had to do a return/rebuy, but final cost ended up being $65.xx down from $86.xx.

One thing to note, they had to call GS to verify if they had any copies instore, as they couldn't pm/trust the online price and availability, so it might not work once GS runs out of stock.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Thats why I preordered mine as well. Needless to say I walk into Best Buy 2 days ago and there sits like 5 copies of the CE WITH the books attached to them all inside those plastic cases they use....sigh =/[/QUOTE]

I preordered, got the novella, sold it for $40 on ebay the day after launch...Definitely felt good getting the CE edition for around $44 including tax.

[quote name='icewolf74']I paid 80 bucks for this on launch. I regret nothing! :D[/QUOTE]

I keep telling myself that too... but I think I'm gonna cave in LOL. Gonna go to BB tmr during my lunch break and see if I can get it price adjusted..

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']why did they meld the art work into the packaging and not just do separate artbook? seems cheap[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I didn't buy at $80. The soundtrack makes me want to buy at $60, though...

amazon still giving $40 tiv. wow. they were giving it away for 40 (60-20gc). guess i should have picked it up on release after all for a free month rental. oh wellz

[quote name='astr0boy']GameStop wouldn't match their online price...

Hi-ho off to Frys we go![/QUOTE]

Interesting. I don't ever recall (personally) that the online price didn't match the in store price. Maybe since it got dropped today, it might take overnight to propogate to the stores.

I'll wait for a lower price point. I just started XIII anyhow.

[quote name='bob330i']Interesting. I don't ever recall (personally) that the online price didn't match the in store price. Maybe since it got dropped today, it might take overnight to propogate to the stores.

I'll wait for a lower price point. I just started XIII anyhow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The guy was so smug too. "It's been a long standing policy that we do not price match anyone."

[quote name='astr0boy']I really like thr book. The book itself is running around 40 on eBay. So you could technically pay 20 for the game..[/QUOTE]

It's half that now. I wish I had preordered a CE from Amazon. That DLC sold pretty well.

GameStop wants nothing to do with their online site. every time I mention it they tell me "well that's online, this isn't online, this is in store." which I suppose makes sense, but it's your stores website... ._.

[quote name='astr0boy']GameStop wouldn't match their online price...

Hi-ho off to Frys we go![/QUOTE]

they do price match it but some don't do it... They told me it all depends on the person if they want to give them the online deal or not... Just like the other day when I went to a different GS and this lil kid brought the klassic fighting stick and the ad said if you buy the klassic fight stick you get a FREE copy of MK game... The dude that work at GS said GS would never have a deal like that and the kid said they have it on there ad and the dude was like at GS we don't have internet to go look at it... So the kid couldn't prove it cause I'm guessing his phone don't have internet, so being the nice person that I am I pull out my iphone and show them and the dude said Oh and give the kid the FREE game... After the kid leave the dude pulls out his phone and looks at the ad... So it all depends on who you dealing with at GS...

[quote name='OregonDealz']Ooh cmon amazon, closest GS is too far, gah and i have a 25$ GC for GS from e-rewards.[/QUOTE]

E-rewards is bullshit, man! I had to earn $100 just to get a $25 GS card. Never again. :shame:

They shipped the card out fast, but it's just too much of a hassle .

[quote name='keine']E-rewards is bullshit, man! I had to earn $100 just to get a $25 GS card. Never again. :shame:

They shipped the card out fast, but it's just too much of a hassle .[/QUOTE]

It is $50 for $25, and I rack it up pretty quickly. I currently have two gift cards waiting to be used (Probably on Xenoblade Chronicles) and enough for another one. (unfortunately, they only allow a redeem a quarter.0

[quote name='barrit']I would say yes. I remember what happened to Deus Ex/Deus Ex Augmented Edition and so many people seemed to love that game. I was initially going to wait for this one to drop as well, but i wanted the book from BB.[/QUOTE]

I was one that got duped by the deus ex augmented edition its just a big box and a crap picture box. The DLC is like 3 dollars on PSN store. Glad to see this price drop though i'm wait a little longer i got way to many games in my back log i still haven't touch my DSi in forever ;(

[quote name='SPVietBoy']hmm... does amazon charge for returns based on cheaper prices elsewhere? lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually. If you're not a Prime member, you'll receive a deduction from your credit for the cost of shipping. I believe it's 4.98 in most cases.

They only won't charge you (still under the assumption that you're not a prime member) if it was a mistake on their behalf. Like the wrong item was shipped, or the expected delivery date was missed.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah, actually. If you're not a Prime member, you'll receive a deduction from your credit for the cost of shipping. I believe it's 4.98 in most cases.

They only won't charge you (still under the assumption that you're not a prime member) if it was a mistake on their behalf. Like the wrong item was shipped, or the expected delivery date was missed.[/QUOTE]

So if you're a prime member, you get free returns?

[quote name='backseatdog']So if you're a prime member, you get free returns?[/QUOTE]

Eh, I guess I shouldn't have put it like that. They don't have a separate policy, but speaking with their reps, they'll give you free shipping returns if it was within 30days. Nonprime members aren't as lucky.

[quote name='backseatdog']So if you're a prime member, you get free returns?[/QUOTE]

Ehhh... "free" in the sense that you pay 79 dollars annually.

I would stick to ps3. I just rented it and i are is not amused but I need to dig deeper into the hole. I'll bite for $20

Something worth noting is that the standard edition at Gamestop dropped $10 too ($49.99). So another price to PM to if you had picked up the standard edition.

Wow, I just got my platinum in this game tonight. I liked it enough that I am tempted to pick up the CE. But I think I'll wait for another drop - seeing as how I won't even play the game again for a while. Hopefully some real DLC comes out for this unlike FF XIII. I would love to play a new era with new trophies, etc, and some challenging bosses.

Slightly off-topic: what's with the 3 nodes at the far left of the Historia Crux? I just got my 100% completion and I expected those to open up. Nope... DLC maybe?

[quote name='Luxuria']... why do I even bother buying games at release anymore? FML.[/QUOTE]

You're about the only one, which is why they drop so fast. Consumer coordinated patience ftw.

[quote name='MillionBlades']How does the xbox version compare to ps3??? Should I stick to ps3?[/QUOTE]

• Final Fantasy 13-2's core texture assets, particle effects and water shaders are identical across both platforms, with texture filtering also now set to a similar quality on each and just minor differences in shadow rendering.
  • As far as image quality is concerned, Full Motion Videos on the 360 still stick out like a sore thumb due to some extreme levels of compression.
  • The rule of thumb is that the PS3 will always hold out at up to 5FPS above whatever the 360's pushing out, with the best-case scenario being that they'll match each other.
Get the PS3 version if you can, higher frame rates, and no compression on cutscenes. On the 360 xiii-2's disc holds 7.7GB and the PS3's bluray holds 14.06GB to give you an idea how much compression it took to fit the game on the 360.
[quote name='io']Wow, I just got my platinum in this game tonight. I liked it enough that I am tempted to pick up the CE. But I think I'll wait for another drop - seeing as how I won't even play the game again for a while. Hopefully some real DLC comes out for this unlike FF XIII. I would love to play a new era with new trophies, etc, and some challenging bosses.

Slightly off-topic: what's with the 3 nodes at the far left of the Historia Crux? I just got my 100% completion and I expected those to open up. Nope... DLC maybe?[/QUOTE]
An update will add three more nodes to the Historia Crux. These can be found to the left of New Bodhum 003 AF.
One of these areas is the Coliseum - ??? AF - which is where you'll find all the coliseum based DLC challenges.
The two nodes above and below the Coliseum are still to be unlocked. -IGN
I am assuming its the upcoming Sazh DLC, and Lightning's background story DLC (etro's throne) remaining.

^ How odd because the Coliseum ??? AF is on another node already.

I really hate when games show something that comes in DLC as part of the main game but unaccessible (grayed out nodes in the HC). The DLC should just add them there and the game should be "complete" without them. Those 3 nodes teased me the whole game thinking that I would get some pre-3 AF content (maybe an after-game nod to the FF XIII timeline or something since they seem to be in the "past" by being on the far left of the HC).

The Coliseum stuff doesn't interest me in any case. I might be up for the Sahz and Lightning stuff if it adds significant content (new areas, new monsters, trophies, etc).

[quote name='io']I really hate when games show something that comes in DLC as part of the main game but unaccessible (grayed out nodes in the HC). The DLC should just add them there and the game should be "complete" without them. Those 3 nodes teased me the whole game thinking that I would get some pre-3 AF content (maybe an after-game nod to the FF XIII timeline or something since they seem to be in the "past" by being on the far left of the HC).

The Coliseum stuff doesn't interest me in any case. I might be up for the Sahz and Lightning stuff if it adds significant content (new areas, new monsters, trophies, etc).[/QUOTE]Yeah, one of those spots it's for the Omega DLC battle and I believe the Lightning/Amodar DLC battle as well. I don't know what the other two spots are, waiting for the DLC to hopefully get bundled, the individual pricing is too much right now.

The only real difference between that area and the "regular" Colosseum is that you get to see the Arbiter of Time in a not so time-distorted paradox-y way, which is neat but he looks like a big badass PSICOM Elite.

hmm... about five bucks tax makes it like 65 bucks... say i lose a 5 dollar return fee... saves me about 10 bucks... should probably do it huh?

[quote name='htz']If you delete the 1.03 patch, and just play it stock. The historia crux should look exactly like the youtube video below 100% complete.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting - so they patched in placeholders for the DLC...

Hey, when I was finishing it up tonight I got the 1.04 update. What did that do? I didn't see any more spots there. I'll be pissed if they made the slot machines any easier - that BS took me a few hours ;).

[quote name='TheLongshot']It is $50 for $25, and I rack it up pretty quickly. I currently have two gift cards waiting to be used (Probably on Xenoblade Chronicles) and enough for another one. (unfortunately, they only allow a redeem a quarter.0[/QUOTE]

It is $75 for $25 for me..... sounds like everyone's reward value is different. :hot:

In for 1. Bought the limited edition from the UK which didnt have the 4-CD soundtrack. Will trade this in for $40 either from best buy with an upcoming promotion or my locked in amazon TIV (hopefully it will still be there when it gets here). 20 bucks for the soundtrack and concept art case is good enough for me (even though i'll have the steelbook). Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for 1. Bought the limited edition from the UK which didnt have the 4-CD soundtrack. Will trade this in for $40 either from best buy with an upcoming promotion or my locked in amazon TIV (hopefully it will still be there when it gets here). 20 bucks for the soundtrack and concept art case is good enough for me (even though i'll have the steelbook). Thanks OP!

For those that are wondering whether they should pick up the PS3 version or the XBOX version, here is a detailed analysis and comparison of them both: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-final-fantasy-xiii-2-analysis/

The bottom line is that the XBOX version runs at a slightly lower frame rate. (+\- 3-5 frames) On the other hand the PS3 version has considerably longer load times. ~10-12 seconds longer than Xbox.

IMHO, I probably wouldnt notice a frame rate drop of 3-5 frames. I would, however, notice an extra 10 seconds in my load times. Especially if I'm dying/retrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm betting this has a lot further to fall before the CEs disappear. I loved FFXII, but I learned my lesson on buying Final Fantasy CEs at launch when that came out. It was $30 cheaper at GS in a little more than a month!

[quote name='shivan128']It is $75 for $25 for me..... sounds like everyone's reward value is different. :hot:[/QUOTE]

That's a little surprising. I wonder if they raise the price for people who use it a lot. Then again, I'm still at the $50 level...

Since I didn't opened mine yet and it's still within the 30 day return policy I'm doing a return/rebuy and getting my $20.00 back.

bread's done
Back