[DEAD for now] 4th of July Sale - Buy One Get One Free @Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1307368282&pf_rd_i=1000700501

Through Saturday, July 9th, buy one game or accessory and get one free. Choose from hundreds of games and accessories from the list below. Simply add both items to your cart and proceed to checkout.

Note: You may need to add the games to your cart separately if they are not on the same page.

Offer good while supplies last. Eligible product must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com. All items must be added to cart. Shipping and taxes may apply. Amazon.com reserves the right to terminate or modify this promotion at any time. *See full terms and conditions below.

Edit: Blah, sorry for posting this, some of these prices I've noticed are crap.
:360:Fallout 3 Game Ad-On Pack: Broken Steel and Point Lookout $19.71. The GOTY itself is $19.99
:ps3:Dragon Age: Origins Awakening $26.47 while the Ultimate Edition is $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JRest']Yeah, link doesn't go to anything special.[/QUOTE]

ditto. is this dead? i even went thru alternate links via google. no joy.

[quote name='Josh1billion']A fourth of July sale that lasts half the day of June 21.. waaaoow[/QUOTE]

Considering that the prices were raised for this sale the deal was never alive to begin with lol

Maybe (hopefully) this wasn't meant to go live this quickly and had a scattershot game selection on there. I mean, the 360 selections were hysterically bad, I can't imagine this was "it" so to speak.

I was actually gonna get mini ninjas and Lego star wars for ps3 for the rugrats. Did notice mini ninjas dropped $2 since the sale went un-live.... told ya they inflate prices for B1Gx

They probably pulled it when they weren't seeing any significant increase in orders and my guess is they'll re-introduce it with a better selection.

[quote name='shadowkast'] told ya they inflate prices for B1Gx[/QUOTE]

lol, that's like saying the ground will get wet if it rains. Everyone does that for these BxGx promos.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']They probably pulled it when they weren't seeing any significant increase in orders and my guess is they'll re-introduce it with a better selection.[/quote]

I'm guessing that they got wind of sites like this rightfully ridiculing their asinine sale, and pulled it to save face. Big sites like Amazon have people Googling their sales and getting the reactions across the internet.

That's one of the many things that sites like CAG do to help the consumer - not only do they point out good sales, but they also point out the shitty, BS ones so the merchant can be taken to task for their stupid, cynical move.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

id rather pay $60 for a game than spend $20 on two terrible ****ing games...

terrible sale why does amazon even waste my time? this is toysrus level bs.

[quote name='frogkopf']I'm guessing that they got wind of sites like this rightfully ridiculing their asinine sale, and pulled it to save face. Big sites like Amazon have people Googling their sales and getting the reactions across the internet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Maybe (hopefully) this wasn't meant to go live this quickly and had a scattershot game selection on there. I mean, the 360 selections were hysterically bad, I can't imagine this was "it" so to speak.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eLefAdEr']They probably pulled it when they weren't seeing any significant increase in orders and my guess is they'll re-introduce it with a better selection.[/QUOTE]

I concur with all of the above. My fingers are crossed (not very tightly) in hoping they will re-introduce this sale to include more titles - pretty much anything that is remotely significant would be nice.

The B2G1 price increase on games does not really bother me - because that is pretty much how most retail do it. Everything usually goes back to msrp. It is just the selection that smells of diapers.

Talked to Amazon's customer representative. They applied the promotion for me. Hurray, Majin and Splatterhouse for 8 dollars each.

--- edit ---
I had ordered during the time it was active and wondering why the promotion did not apply.

[quote name='frogkopf'] Big sites like Amazon have people Googling their sales and getting the reactions across the internet.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Man, I was going to pick up a copy of that Majin game for the PS3 + something else. Never heard about that game and it looked pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back