*DEAD (for now)* Arrested Development - (Seasons 1, 2, 3) $29.99 DOTD Amazon

scsg75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
EDIT- OOS as of now, though Amazon DOTDs have been known to go in and out of stock throughout the day, so keep checking

Damn fine deal on all 3 seasons for $29.99 total at Amazon

Link

I encourage everyone who doesn't own it already to hop on that deal asap. Rarely will you watch something on network television of that caliber.

[quote name='Freebirth']I encourage everyone who doesn't own it already to hop on that deal asap. Rarely will you watch something on network television of that caliber.[/QUOTE]

yeah CAGS need to get on this. Epic series.

It's not too often that I really REALLY recommend a show, but this show is amazing, the second season is even better than the first!

[quote name='Freebirth']Rarely will you watch something on network television of that caliber, period[/quote]Fixed. This show is so much awesome. If you ever wanted to have something to quote incessantly from for the next year or so, jump on this now. Watch it with friends and laugh the hardest you've ever laughed at the most consistently well written comedy ever made. And this is nearly meiosis right here; this show is off the charts good.

Oh god, I just bought season 1 for $19.99 as a gift not 4 days ago. Gah!

Placed an order for this, anyway. Three seasons for $10 more is surely better than just one season. Now what to do with the season 1 I have... :(

[quote name='Sakabadger']Oh god, I just bought season 1 for $19.99 as a gift not 4 days ago. Gah!

Placed an order for this, anyway. Three seasons for $10 more is surely better than just one season. Now what to do with the season 1 I have... :([/quote]Return the new Amazon set (unopened) to the store with the old receipt.

Well, I know I can do that, but I meant that as in "maybe someone else will want this anyway." Thanks for the tip, though.

Sweet. I jumped on this as a gift for my sister. I think she has season 1 already though. Still a great deal.

I've only seen little bits of this show in reruns. What's the big deal with it?

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']Everyone should get in on this. If you dont have any money, remember, there is always money in the banana stand.[/quote]

Let's burn that son of a bitch.

[quote name='coolcps']Nice deal, it hurts me so much that this show got screwed over, it should still be on![/quote]

Michael Cera and Jason Bateman said there's hope for an Arrested Development movie!

Man this is awesome. However, I've been spoiled by this being in HD on cable TV. Are there any plans to bring this complete series to HD-DVD or Blu-ray?

[quote name='bmachine']Michael Cera and Jason Bateman said there's hope for an Arrested Development movie![/quote]

Hopefully the Bluth boys are right, but I wouldn't hold my breath if they have to make the movie with 20th Century Fox. They're too busy cancelling shows we actually watch.

Good GOD if you don't own this, Buy it! Still tied with Seinfeld for my favorite show of all time. The writing was AMAZING... you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='coolcps']Nice deal, it hurts me so much that this show got screwed over, it should still be on![/quote]

I'm sick of this bullshit.

This is the one show ever that Fox didn't screw over. They got three seasons when they shouldn't have gotten more than one. The ratings were terrible and the show cost too much to make. Fox gave it three seasons to grow an adience, it didn't, it got canceled.

Well, I never saw the show (I don't watch television) but I hear plenty of good things about it. I went ahead and picked it up earlier today and if I end up not liking it then I'll give it to a friend as an belated christmas present seeing as how he use to rave about this show.

[quote name='McNutsack']So is this sold out or whaa?[/quote]

It doesn't say sold out on the Gold Box page so it may come back in stock sometime later today.

Darn, it's so early in the morning, I can't believe I may have possibly missed my chance.
I should start checking here more often instead of showering

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm sick of this bullshit.

This is the one show ever that Fox didn't screw over. They got three seasons when they shouldn't have gotten more than one. The ratings were terrible and the show cost too much to make. Fox gave it three seasons to grow an adience, it didn't, it got canceled.[/quote]And Fox also bounced it around, trying to "increase" ratings - something I don't think can ever happen if a show doesn't have a good, consistent timeslot.
[quote name='wikipedia']For the third season, FOX positioned the show at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and 7:00 p.m. CT/MT, directly opposite Monday Night Football in the Mountain and Pacific time zones, whereas MNF would not have started yet in the other two. Ratings were even worse than previous seasons. On November 9, 2005, FOX announced that the show would not be airing in November sweeps, and that they had cut the episode order for the third season from 22 to 13. FOX ended up showing the last four episodes in a two-hour timeslot — directly opposite the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics.[/quote]
That doesn't sound much like Fox cared towards the end. They did give them a lot of time, but didn't care for the show like they should have - it should have been one of their main foci. The Simpsons has long since jumped the shark, and I can't even think of anything I watch Fox for anymore. Family Guy is nowhere near as funny as before it came back (imo), and everything good is on NBC or ABC now. Fox has no idea what it's doing.

[quote name='Draekon']It doesn't say sold out on the Gold Box page so it may come back in stock sometime later today.[/quote]
I believe it says sold out now.

[quote name='mistertateam']Hopefully the Bluth boys are right, but I wouldn't hold my breath if they have to make the movie with 20th Century Fox. They're too busy cancelling shows we actually watch.[/quote]

Well, there's always Juno for now. They're both in it.

"Are any of you concerned about an uprising?"

It would be amazing if this somehow morphed into the Favorite Arrested Development Quotes Thread.

I will offer this:

"We're going to go out and have fun. Real fun. Not everything has to be strippers and booze and buckets of blood."
-- Michael Bluth

"I decided to sleep in the car so my snoring wouldn't bother you. And I left that recording of my snoring so you wouldn't know I'm gone."
-- Buster Bluth

Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

"how are you?"- tobias
"Doesn't matter who..." Michael

I use both of those quotes every day. Amazing show, pick it up for any price, it is worth it.

bread's done
Back