[DEAD] Free Gears of War 3 Beta Keys

I have my beta code from pre-ordering but I dont have live. Anyone have a 48 hour trial thing to spare? PM me please.

[quote name='Erghantar']Aw crap, don't want to sound like I'm begging but I've lost hope in getting a key. I've tried a bunch of Twitter giveaways, Facebook giveaways and this and got no keys. An american friend gave me his key but it didn't work for me as I'm in Europe. I hope it's not a bother to ask if anyone has an extra key?[/QUOTE]
Dude if you have a key make a US account, it couldn't be more simple.

[quote name='clickpow']Dude if you have a key make a US account, it couldn't be more simple.[/QUOTE]
Oh, can I play it with my European GT then?
edit: still won't redeem even with a US gamertag. :(

[quote name='Erghantar']Oh, can I play it with my European GT then?
edit: still won't redeem even with a US gamertag. :([/QUOTE]

Must be invalid then =(

The code my buddy got that Gamestop said would work on the 25th is invalid.

Fuuuuuuuck. What was the thing people were saying before about switching the characters around to make it work? There are so many combinations if that's the case, seems impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
K = R, 2 = Z, 8 = B

Last Character is probably always Z

Not all characters might be different probably only one is changed

I have a few extra codes for Gears of War 3 Beta (starting on 4/25/2011). PM me with an offer for a code. Offer me something (MS points, XBOX game code), I might just take it.

I'm trying to figure out if there's anything else I can do for this damn code, I keep double-checking everything and trying to switch characters around. So frustrating, I've been wanting to play this with him for a while.

Does anyone have an extra code they could provide for me? I guess I'll just keep trying to get this one to work regardless. Whaddafack, Gamestop.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm trying to figure out if there's anything else I can do for this damn code, I keep double-checking everything and trying to switch characters around. So frustrating, I've been wanting to play this with him for a while.

Does anyone have an extra code they could provide for me? I guess I'll just keep trying to get this one to work regardless. Whaddafack, Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
check your PM box :cool:

Dang it, anyone have an extra code for me? I've given up hope of getting one.
I'm now jealous of AlphaPanda getting a key :v

[quote name='davfer']so, Gamestop.ie is going to sent out the keys or not?[/QUOTE]
They already did, as stated above. If you didn't get yours then you're stuck in the same boat as me.

Well we don't even have any kind of normal Gaming related stores here, just some games here and there in some electronic tech stores. :(

[quote name='Idx86']Got my key - the beta is a blast.[/QUOTE]

Not really, it's just like every other GOW game. Unbalanced and poor match making.

[quote name='pholly']Not really, it's just like every other GOW game. Unbalanced and poor match making.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the sawed off sure is fun :D

it really is like all the other gow. It needs work and I had to put it down bc when the real thing come out I'm not going to want to play online.

[quote name='pholly']Not really, it's just like every other GOW game. Unbalanced and poor match making.[/QUOTE]

You must be bad.

How is it unbalanced? Everyone has the same tools available to them, most just don't know how to use them.

Matchmaking is fine solo or with a group of people. Playing solo will just take a little longer to find a match.

Edit add= Servers do experience some issues from time to time though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='clickpow']You must be bad.

How is it unbalanced? Everyone has the same tools available to them, most just don't know how to use them.

Matchmaking is fine solo or with a group of people. Playing solo will just take a little longer to find a match.

Edit add= Servers do experience some issues from time to time though.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what balance means? It's unbalanced because the range on the shotguns is too high and the power on the lancer is too low. If the lancer was more powerful then people would play this game the way it's meant to be played instead of running around shotgunning people all the time. If you don't have a problem with the game you're probably one of those people who runs around with the shotgun all the time. It makes the game a one dimensional run n gun shotgun fest when it's supposed to be a cover based semi-tactical shooter. If you try run n gun in the story mode you'll die constantly, the online shouldn't be any different. Also, these problems are probably a lot less apparent when playing with a group of people who actually play as a team instead of immediately separating and getting picked off one at a time, this isn't Halo/COD.

PS: I'm not bad, I'm usually in the top 4 overall.

[quote name='pholly']Do you know what balance means? It's unbalanced because the range on the shotguns is too high and the power on the lancer is too low. If the lancer was more powerful then people would play this game the way it's meant to be played instead of running around shotgunning people all the time. If you don't have a problem with the game you're probably one of those people who runs around with the shotgun all the time. It makes the game a one dimensional run n gun shotgun fest when it's supposed to be a cover based semi-tactical shooter. If you try run n gun in the story mode you'll die constantly, the online shouldn't be any different. Also, these problems are probably a lot less apparent when playing with a group of people who actually play as a team instead of immediately separating and getting picked off one at a time, this isn't Halo/COD.

PS: I'm not bad, I'm usually in the top 4 overall.[/QUOTE]

Didn't bother to read your post because your first two sentences were enough. The lancer/hammerburst rip through people in 5-6 shots active reloaded, you just have bad aim. If someone runs up and kills you with a shotgun it is either they are good at maneuvering or you are not good/don't pay attention. At a high level of play this game is going to be 80% ranged weapons.

People @ what I call random/scrub level don't have the skill to stop a good or even a decent player with a shotgun, which may be why you are having a bad time and seem to think the game is "unbalanced."

[quote name='clickpow']Didn't bother to read your post because your first two sentences were enough. The lancer/hammerburst rip through people in 5-6 shots active reloaded, you just have bad aim. If someone runs up and kills you with a shotgun it is either they are good at maneuvering or you are not good/don't pay attention. At a high level of play this game is going to be 80% ranged weapons.

People @ what I call random level don't have the skill to stop a good player with a shotgun, which may be why you are having a bad time and seem to think the game is "unbalanced."[/QUOTE]

He made some solid points, read his message through. Don't just give him a "Whatever you're saying is stupid, you just suck".

I say it's a mix of both. Obviously, if you're new to the game, facing someone who has played Gears 1 and 2 isn't going to go so well for you. They know what they're doing, they know when to use the shotgun and what manuevers to use. At the same time, the shotguns ARE a bit ridiculous. If you're that close to somebody where they're blasting you in the face with a shotgun, though, you should have yours out too. Gears is an interesting system, it has its own style of play.

It all just takes some getting used to. Don't start fighting over it.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']He made some solid points, read his message through. Don't just give him a "Whatever you're saying is stupid, you just suck".

I say it's a mix of both. Obviously, if you're new to the game, facing someone who has played Gears 1 and 2 isn't going to go so well for you. They know what they're doing, they know when to use the shotgun and what manuevers to use. At the same time, the shotguns ARE a bit ridiculous. If you're that close to somebody where they're blasting you in the face with a shotgun, though, you should have yours out too. Gears is an interesting system, it has its own style of play.

It all just takes some getting used to. Don't start fighting over it.[/QUOTE]

Gears definitely is a different type of game let's leave it at that then =)
:bouncy::bouncy:

There won't be a fight, I have better things to do than troll forums for people to argue with. I stated my opinion on the beta and now I'm moving on.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']You don't have 5 dollars to pre-order that you can just get right back the next day? Whaaaaaa?[/QUOTE]

Nah I'm Dead broke right now

bread's done
Back