DEAD: Free God of War 3 Demo Code Giveaway

gordojones88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Free God of War III Demo Code for $5 Paypal.

I kid. The last code giveaway by TheKrak was such a huge success.

I found this code just laying around inside a new gutted God of War Collection display case on the new games shelf at a certain game store stop. The kind of display case they do not sell you, only for display purposes, got it?

Convince me and my fellow CAGs I am righteous and generous for giving away the code, or I am immoral and dishonest for taking the code.

Contest ends at midnight. 2NLM-****-****

Last edited by a moderator:
You sir are the most righteous of them all. Why that GOW demo may have sooner or later ended up in the trash.....yet you have wanted to give to the poor. if that certain game store is Game Stop....then your righteousness goes up another 200% because then it is truly a story of robin hood. I can see why they call you "Lord" of the cags". There are unlucky Cags out here who cannot get such a demo.....yet you have the power...

I, am one of those cags...

You are god... my god. You are as righteous as they come! You giving me the God of War III demo code, further proves this and sends me further into hell.

Also, giving me the code will not make you immoral or dishonest- it will make me it, making you even that much more righteous!

Please, please, please- condemn my soul with the code and save yourself!

:p

I don't think you should have taken that code from the store. Display case or not. But, since the damage is done, I believe you should be punished. Your punishment should be having to give the code to...the Mightymek. It's the only right thing to do...

i think you should reveal a letter each hour until someone gets it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see... There are 36 possible characters for each * (26 letters and 10 numbers). Assuming that each character has an equal chance of being part of the code, there are 36^8 possible combinations.

36^8 = 2,821,109,907,456 or 2.8 trillion
If you were to try each possibility at a rate of one second (which is highly improbable, but whatever), it would take you:

47,018,498,457.6 minutes
783,641,640.96 hours
32,651,735.04 days
89,456.8 years

Now, the average person living in the US has a life expectancy of 78 years.
If a person were to try for every second of his/her life, and upon death, a newborn would take over, it would take 1,146 full lives with one more person being 68 years old.

Now only the most generous person would simply reveal the code and save over a thousand lives. And that person could be YOU!

[quote name='crzyboy88']Let's see... There are 36 possible characters for each * (26 letters and 10 numbers). Assuming that each character has an equal chance of being part of the code, there are 36^8 possible combinations.

If you were to try each possibility at a rate of one second (which is highly improbable, but whatever), it would take you:

47,018,498,457.6 minutes
783,641,640.96 hours
32,651,735.04 days
89,456.8 years

If a person were to try for every second of his/her life, and upon death, a newborn would take over, it would take 1,146 full lives with one more person being 68 years old.

Now only the most generous person would simply reveal the code and save over a thousand lives. And that person could be YOU![/QUOTE]

Your numbers are statistical nonsense!

THE only way to repent is to give me the code, so he further elivates himself, and lowers me.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Your numbers are statistical nonsense!

THE only way to repent is to give me the code, so he further elivates himself, and lowers me.[/QUOTE]

Chances are, your redeem-a-code feature would be locked up by the system before you're 0.000000000000001% into those 2.8 trillion numbers. :D

[quote name='crzyboy88']Let's see... There are 36 possible characters for each * (26 letters and 10 numbers). Assuming that each character has an equal chance of being part of the code, there are 36^8 possible combinations.

47,018,498,457.6 minutes
783,641,640.96 hours
32,651,735.04 days
89,456.8 years

Now only the most generous person would simply reveal the code and save over a thousand lives. And that person could be YOU![/QUOTE]

7th letter is always B. So there goes that!

[quote name='Trepidation']7th letter is always B. So there goes that![/QUOTE]

Fine. After re-doing the math, you still get 2.484.9 years.

That equates to 31 full lifetimes with an extra person being 66.

So OP would still save 31 lives. It's still a very impressive number!

Does anyone know when the official public demo is coming out on PSN?

And to answer the OP's question:

When you walk into Gamestop as a consumer, you should assume that they are:

a) going to try and screw you over
b) already have screwed you over
c) are currently screwing you over, you just don't know it

How I see it, the demo code would have eventually gone "missing" anyways, you just seized the opportunity.

You are horrible, and sickening :lol: Imagine if a little boy who lives in Ohio, who just had his leg run over by a train, took a trip to Tennessee with his crackhead mother to visit their imprisioned father.

After visiting their father (who was jailed on harassing a famous NASCAR drive...lets just say his name begins with "Dale"), the crippled boy sees that the God of War Collection is in stock at a local Gamestop, and it comes with a code for the demo.

He limps into the store and buys the collection with the money he was going to use for Painkillers, and upon opening the package sees that there is a no code. The boy brings the game back to Gamestop, but they refuse to give him a code or a refund and say there is nothing he can do.

He later grows up to rob a Gamestop as an adult, only to be shot by police in a 9 hour standoff.

All because you took the code from the game! :fridge:

Thanks for simply being generous and offering to give it away for free. This sort of stuff around Christmas time makes me smile.

47,018,498,457.6 minutes
783,641,640.96 hours
32,651,735.04 days
89,456.8 years

This guy should win for effort. Either way, I'm not going to come up with some plan because I know it won't persuade you to pick me anyway :D! Still, speaking for all of us, thanks for being generous!

OP is like Robin Hood; steal from the rich and give to the poor. Or in this case steal from the big money making game company and give it to the people who refuse to shop there. OP is saint! :)

Thank you crzyboy88 for shedding light on my kind, generous, and righteous soul. I really am a hero for saving all of those lives!
Here is your demo code : 2NLM-P2B4-K3WL

Thank you mightymek for helping me see the error of my ways. Your honesty inspires me to be a better person!
Here is you demo code : 4TML-K4B8-R2D2

A special nod to Thekrakrabbit for making me cry like a little baby.

[quote name='bond007bond']
You are awesome! Wait so all we have to do is comment. Good luck to me!
[/QUOTE]
No, you have to read the OP. Thanks for playing. :applause:

[quote name='Assembler']
I've tried 9 times to get the GoW3 demo, maybe i'll get lucky this time.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe on the 10th time you'll read the OP and get lucky. :booty:

More demo codes for Saturday and Sunday courtesy of hobomatt.

Thanks! I will be looking forward to your next contest...BTW, you shouldn't have left the codes out in the open like that. I don't think crzyboy is online, and even MightyMek may miss out on the code. A lot of ghosts are lurking like vultures.

bread's done
Back