[DEAD]Free ufc rio for a limited time on xbox 360 app

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']HD came up as an option for me - and then it did a connection test to ensure I was able to get it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ral1121']Yeah, there was an option in HD when I ordered.

I went through my email confirmation and it also says I've purchased in HD.[/QUOTE]

It didn't even give me a choice and I had HD last time. Do you know how I can change it or choose HD? Now it just says I ordered it with no options.

Thanks OP, got the HD version.

Of course I had to add a payment option even though it was free *rolls eyes*

Removed said payment option straight after.

Let's just hope they got the kinks out. Some people were able to get a ticket last time, but when the fights rolled around, nobody could get the app launched. They botched the launch to Hell.

Got my free ticket this time.

I would personally like to thank the a''clown who decided to hack into my Xbox live account yesterday and buy FIFA gold packs with all my Microsoft points. Thanks to those people my account is locked from making any purchases for 25 days. I tryed to get this and get an error due to the block. I hope u die thief.

Sweet thanks OP. Havnt really watched UFC since 1-20 or so, back when it was really cool. No rules, no weight class, and fight until the last man is standing in one night. Awesome.

[quote name='Micmaz34']I would personally like to thank the a''clown who decided to hack into my Xbox live account yesterday and buy FIFA gold packs with all my Microsoft points. Thanks to those people my account is locked from making any purchases for 25 days. I tryed to get this and get an error due to the block. I hope u die thief.[/QUOTE]

It's not like you are going to be using it for achievements or anything.

[quote name='Romeo']Is anyone getting this in HD? Or even finding it as an option?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have cox..... and it shows up for HD... They must have put a restriction on internet speeds because my buddy has the cheaper cox and only let him get SD

[quote name='xJoeGrizzly']Yeah I have cox..... and it shows up for HD... They must have put a restriction on internet speeds because my buddy has the cheaper cox and only let him get SD[/QUOTE]

The HD option kept erroring on me, never once checking my speed. Last time I chose HD.

Is there a way to select HD or change my choice?

Was able to order even though it says the event is not available, hopefully it still works, payment screen came up showing free and everything and made the purchase in HD

[quote name='mdvayne1982']Was able to order even though it says the event is not available, hopefully it still works, payment screen came up showing free and everything and made the purchase in HD[/QUOTE]

Yup same with me. I hope it works!

Thanks for the tip of using an expired card. I found a prepaid visa with $2.00 left on it and used that as my payment option. I wouldn't have ordered otherwise.

[quote name='chicagoz']Weird. I try to launch the UFC app and a window pops up telling me "Can't launch Jackson."[/QUOTE]

Hidden hating on Rampage apparently. :rofl:

Has my brother order it for me, but he could only get the sd stream. I was like, wtf, how is he doing this wrong? But clearly it was the system that was fucking up, judging by the number of comments about sd. Anyway, sd is better than nothing, and maybe it will let me launch it in HD on fight night anyway. Thanks op.

I really think you won't be able to change SD to HD once the fight starts.

Pay Per Views have an option of either SD or add about 10 bucks more for HD.

You get stuck with whatever you were able to get.

Not saying this with 100 percent certainty but that's how I think it will turn out.

[quote name='ral1121']I really think you won't be able to change SD to HD once the fight starts.

Pay Per Views have an option of either SD or add about 10 bucks more for HD.

You get stuck with whatever you were able to get.

Not saying this with 100 percent certainty but that's how I think it will turn out.[/QUOTE]

Me too but still hoping.

So I used my girls paypal. It will charge $0.00 the day of the event correct? Also I checked xbox.com and it looks like I could now easily remove the payment option?

I had to get SD. Tried HD, but the connection test it does made me choose SD. I'm fine with SD at the FREE pricetag

Can you watch in hd even though when you purchased it it said sd because of heavy internet traffic at the time? Also can I watch it after the live event is over? (eg later on in the night when I come home from a party?)

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Can you watch in hd even though when you purchased it it said sd because of heavy internet traffic at the time? Also can I watch it after the live event is over? (eg later on in the night when I come home from a party?)[/QUOTE]
im sure it last for 24 hrs but then again this event is live so im not sure,,ask them on there twitter

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Can you watch in hd even though when you purchased it it said sd because of heavy internet traffic at the time? Also can I watch it after the live event is over? (eg later on in the night when I come home from a party?)[/QUOTE]

I doubt you will be able to watch in HD if you originally acquired it in SD.

That is how it is with PPV, you watch whatever you picked even though it wasn't your fault on this one.

And yes, you will be able to watch it after this for 24 hours. Atleast that is how it was for me when I got to watch UFC 140 for free on Xbox Live.

Seems like XBL was down around 8p. It's back up now and streaming okay, though SD is garbage I can't complain... well yes I can, they screwed me on the HD stream.

It had some problems but I'm watching live now in HD. I'm almost hoping for another set of problems so we can get another fight free.

[quote name='Romeo']Seems like XBL was down around 8p. It's back up now and streaming okay, though SD is garbage I can't complain... well yes I can, they screwed me on the HD stream.[/QUOTE]
I can. After finally getting to test out this app (didn't get the other 3 free events like the lucky ones did), I can say I personally won't be purchasing an event. I'm using WiFi and my internet isn't the best, so it forced me into SD and the SD stream is fucking terrible.
I'm sure my buddy who lives 10 seconds away from my apt door will want to purchase them over his awesome internet, so I am curious to see how the HD stream is when the time comes. It would be nice to get them over Live as opposed to getting charged tax over Time Warner, but fuck it. This stream sucks.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I can. After finally getting to test out this app (didn't get the other 3 free events like the lucky ones did), I can say I personally won't be purchasing an event. I'm using WiFi and my internet isn't the best, so it forced me into SD and the SD stream is fucking terrible.
I'm sure my buddy who lives 10 seconds away from my apt door will want to purchase them over his awesome internet, so I am curious to see how the HD stream is when the time comes. It would be nice to get them over Live as opposed to getting charged tax over Time Warner, but fuck it. This stream sucks.[/QUOTE]

I was actually able to watch last time in HD but this time around they would NOT let me order the HD version. It is BS. My internet is fine. The HD was fine last time. Never would order the SD version. I think they forced many into the SD to limit bandwidth.

The sound on the stream even sucks, or it does for me at least. It randomly gets loud, then quite, then loud. I've got my TV up really loud too, to drown out the sound of the filipino in-laws talking to my wife on speakerphone. I imagine my upstairs, next-door, and underneath neighbors aren't going to be happy with me with the frequency that the volume shoots up.

[quote name='LF2']Why can't they do this shit for people with PS3's?[/QUOTE]

Cause they have a deal with Xbox Live.

bread's done
Back