[DEAD] Friends Season 1 DVD Set - $4.99 (YMMV) CC

Maizrim

CAGiversary!
In today's ad (2/6/05) for Circuit City, they are advertising a bunch of DVDs for $4.99.

Under the picture of Friends Season 1 it says "Season 1 (15 Episodes)".

The picture is actually of "The Best of Friends: Season 1" that is regularly priced at $6.99 - *but* it only has 5 episodes on that disc.

When I took the ad and the actual Friends Season 1 DVD Set up to the checkout counter, the woman had just noticed the goof and said, "I just noticed that, but we still have to give it to you because it's in the ad".

Grudgingly, they sold it to me for $4.99. ($29.99 regular price)

Early Valentines Day gift for the wife score!

ill have to take a crack at it as well.
maybe price match somewhere else in case they wont honor it down here.

Wow, I can see your CC's employees aren't jerks. No way they'd let me have it for 5 dollars. Ah well, great find, I got it soon after it first came out, though. Great season.

Yeah a few people were trying that at the store I was at today, heck of a misprint since the season isn't 15 episodes and the best of friends are only 5 so whichever. kudos to those that got it.

I might give this a try.

And I doubt you'd be able to do a PM at any other store since they have the wrong picture in the ad. You could certainly give it a shot, but I'd be really surprised if any other store would go for it.

I know some of the long time employees at the older CC might not have been so nice about this - but this was the new CC at the nearby outlet mall. (near Lowe's Motor Speedway)

I'm curious if anyone else will be able to take advantage of this deal. Even if you don't like Friends, it would make for a good gift for someone you know.

Sad to say folks but all stores should of put up the ad correction notice that was posted on our internal website Saturday. Sounds like as if some stores either missed it or haven't put the notice up so if that is the case then you did get a good score. :)

YMMV, but if most stores are like mine then the notice is already up so that kills trying to use this ad misprint to anyone's advantage.

[quote name='Maizrim']I'm curious if anyone else will be able to take advantage of this deal. Even if you don't like Friends, it would make for a good gift for someone you know.[/quote]

I noticed this myself the other day, and tried to price match at Best Buy. They were out of stock however, so I went across the street to Wal-Mart. After they called Circuit City and checked with about three managers, they gave it to me for the ad price of $4.99.

bread's done
Back