(DEAD) Frys.com - Blu-Rays as low as $1.29 - Swordfish, A Time To Kill & more.

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Yo,

Frys.com has couple Blu-Rays on sale for $1.29
Swordfish
A Time To Kill
Blazing Saddles
Under Siege
The Getaway
Bullitt
[URL="http://www.frys.com/product/5516710?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG"]Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
[/URL]
Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

Couple movies on sale for $5.82
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Ocean's Thirteen
Shoot 'Em Up

They also have couple movies on sale for $6.24
Knocked Up
Burn After Reading
The Strangers

And finally, they have Mongol for -$6.35, but when I add to cart it comes out to $10.99 :p

I picked up Knocked Up today after ordering couple days ago, and just ordered Swordfish & A Time To Kill just now. Also thinking about picking up Terminator at that price. These are best when doing in-store pickup, since the shipping is pretty deep and kills the deals. Happy New Years everybody !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered knocked up and blazing saddles for under $10, thanks op. Two movies I was waiting on a very cheap price, this is a great deal. In stock at the north Irving, Tx location.

I just got 5 movies for $6.98 with store pick-up:

5516710 [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines [Blu-ray][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$10.99[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$1.29[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
You Save $9.70
[/FONT] 5684721 [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Under Siege 2: Dark Territory [Blu-ray][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$10.99[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$1.29[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
You Save $9.70
[/FONT] 5133426 [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]The Getaway [Blu-ray][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$10.99[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$1.29[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
You Save $9.70
[/FONT] 5816783 [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]A Time to Kill [Blu-ray][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$10.99[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$1.29[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
You Save $9.70
[/FONT] 4984191 [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Swordfish [Blu-ray][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$10.99[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]$1.29[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
You Save $9.70
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]subtotal[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]$6.45[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]tax[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]$0.53[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]total[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]$6.98[/FONT]

[quote name='elessar123']lol awesome deal, but personally, $1.29 is still too much for Swordfish =P[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're a fan of b00biez, I'd definitely have to say that Halle Berry's ta ta's are well worth the $1.29 plus tax.

WOW, thanks OP. Going to order some of these for in store pick up. I love me the southland Fry's. I might just go today and check out the New Year's Day sale to see if there's actually anything remotely decently priced that wasn't in the 1 page ad, which was pretty much crap.

EDIT: Under Siege 1 is now $8.95

I tried to search for any more cheap ones, but oddly enough, when I go to the Blu Ray section and list by lowest price, the cheapest blu is $4.95...wonder why these aren't showing up there...ahhh, they show up where they would have been priced - $10.99

Sorting the movies, I also find the following (not much worth talking about):

The Wicker Man $8.95
The Wild Bunch $5.37
Mongol $-6.35 WTF?!? This is listed as negative $6.35, but comes up as $10.99 at checkout. DOH, I was hoping I could get the rest of the movies for free by adding this hahaha...
Omega Man $8.95 (they have another listing at $10.99)
Above the Law $5.37
Point of No Return $5.37

EDIT #2: Damn it, their store availability checker is such a piece of royal shit, I've had to refresh a dozen times to get it to actually connect to the closest store. Of course, A Time to Kill and Blazing Saddles are both unavailable there, so I have to create a new order with those since the nearest store with everything in my cart is the Fountain Valley location.

I just ordered 3 $1.29 blurays for in-store pick up but I received an email stating they are NOT available. :(

The weird thing is, I can still go to the frys website and order the same thing and it will say they are STILL available and in-stock for pick-up.

Some folks on different sites are reporting they are getting phone calls and emails stating they cannot honor the prices because it's a mistake and that they are currently fixing it right now.

Good find anyway, OP. I think Frys should still honor the prices. :(

I ordered 6 movies and none were available at the store for pick-up. I did not believe this so I went to the store to see if I could find some of them and make a case to get them for $1.29 but NONE were available... damn!

[quote name='oasisboy']I ordered 6 movies and none were available at the store for pick-up. I did not believe this so I went to the store to see if I could find some of them and make a case to get them for $1.29 but NONE were available... damn![/QUOTE]

Better than me since they put limit on one per item than took 45 minutes on figuring out how to adjust the price for 5 items.

Just came back from picking up A Time to Kill & Swordfish for $2.81 . I should of ordered Terminator when I could've. Hopefully some of you got to get in on this deal.

I picked up Knocked Up for for $6.24. Swordfish, Terminator, and all the other $1.29 were showing up as in stock according to the girl in the DVD department, but had been pulled due to a pricing error, as she explained it. Before I left they brought the movies back out, but they were ringing up $8+. Just missed out!

Has anybody that got an out of stock notice picked up their shit? I'm wondering if I should go to the store or wait until they send a pick up notification. It's just two blu-rays, but my old lady hasn't seen blazing saddles.

Just wait until they send you a notification. When did you order the items? You should of gotten a pick up email by now if you ordered yesterday morning. If not that, you should of gotten an email saying they're unavailable(which probably means your store isn't honoring the price).

I got an email letting me know that my items are out of stock, but I was wondering if I should wait to get an in-stock notification or go to the store with the receipt and find the blu-rays and push the issue. I've never dealt with pm at fry's, so I seek advise.

[quote name='alivetilldawn']I got an email letting me know that my items are out of stock, but I was wondering if I should wait to get an in-stock notification or go to the store with the receipt and find the blu-rays and push the issue. I've never dealt with pm at fry's, so I seek advise.[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me. I went to the store because I did not believe they did not have in stock the 6 Blu's that I ordered. To my surprise those 6 movies where nowhere to be found so I couldn't make a case to get these movies at the $1.29 price.

I picked up Bullitt, The Getaway, Terminator 3, and Swordfish for $1.29 each yesterday at the City of Industry Fry's, since it was on the way to New Year's Day party/BBQ out in Diamond Bar. I had placed another order for Blazing Saddles and A Time To Kill at the Fountain Valley store since it was the closest one that had both in stock, but within 5 minutes I got the email that they were "out of stock" and couldn't be fulfilled.

It was a pretty ridiculous headache actually scoring the deal though, because when I got to the City of Industry Fry's it was a zoo and they were NOT happy to honor it. A person in customer service told me I have to take the printout for in store pick up to the regular registers and they will pull the items. I took one look at the 200 person line to check out and said fuck that noise, no way am I standing in line for an hour.

Being the ballsy sort of motherfucker that I am, I went and pulled the 4 Blu Rays myself from the shelves, took a quick look around to see if there were any sales items in the store worth getting as well (nope), and went back to customer service and told them "the guy at the register sent me here to check out since it's an online order for pickup". After a minute or so of saying why would they do that, blah blah blah, one of the guys walked me over to one of the registers where a guy was ringing up special orders or whatever for the salespeople (PCs, TVs etc. that I guess are on commission). BOOYAAH, 200 person line bypassed! Yeah, total dick move but all those assholes should have been sitting or standing on a curb along Colorado in Pasadena watching the floats go by.

Dude rings up the Blu Rays, it comes out to $50 something instead of the $5.66 or whatever it says on the printout. After a bit of waiting, verification with San Jose and the online people about how they really fucked up on this one, I buy them for the $50 and the customer service guy takes me back to his spot and they credit me $10.65 or so for each one. Glad I was polite the entire time, cuz they really could have given me a lot more grief and probably denied me...I just told them "I thought it was part of your New Year's Day sale". The checkout guy told me someone else ordered some laptop for insanely cheap that was another screwup from the online guys at San Jose.

BTW THANKS SO MUCH CUPCAKEX1!!!

I'm sure each store was either told or after they individually discovered, to pull the Blu Rays in question until the prices online could be fixed.

BUT, if you still have a printout of the order, today they most likely put the blu rays in question back on the shelves, so if the store is close enough, I would say go for broke, take the printout down there and force them to honor it. Even if you received the "out of stock" email - you can just play dumb and say you never received that notification/email. I would do this to try and pick up Blazing Saddles and Time to Kill, but I really don't feel like driving 40 miles out of my way for them.

I'd be ready to threaten to contact the state attorney general to notify them that they aren't honoring their posted prices, that you ordered everything properly and at the prices THEY gave YOU for in store pick up, and basically it's just less hassle for them to simply honor the mistake and eat the cost. fuck, it's only $8 or $9 per blu ray anyway...compare that to the hundred and fifty million plus their ex executive VP in charge of purchasing swindled them out of. Although the article indicates it was "only" 65 mil or so. Original estimates at the time it was discovered were at 150 mil...

[quote name='alivetilldawn']I got an email letting me know that my items are out of stock, but I was wondering if I should wait to get an in-stock notification or go to the store with the receipt and find the blu-rays and push the issue. I've never dealt with pm at fry's, so I seek advise.[/QUOTE]

You won't get a notification later on saying they're in stock. If your store had them in stock when you ordered, and you got that email saying they're out of stock before they opened, most likely that store pulled the Blu-Rays out of the shelves for the time being because it was a price mistake. I would go to the store in a couple of days and push the issue though. Find the movies, and just be like, 'Yo, I found the movies, can I get up on this hot deal or what?'(something like that). I don't know, hopefully you get your movies though, good lcuk !

BTW, I just checked out amazon's blu ray section, specifically the "under $15" "up to 60% off" blus currently on sale, and most of these $1.29 Fry's blus come up around $6.99-$7.99 there. Not as good as Fry's goof, but still not bad.

bread's done
Back