[DEAD]Game Crazy offers a Crazy trade in for PS2 Metal Gear

Oobgarm

CAGiversary!
I got a small flyer in a community newspaper today for the local Game Crazy store (I'm near Cincinnati). I would have thrown it out like any other GC flyer, but something caught my eye.

In the bottom left, there was a box that displayed trade-in values for specific titles. Displayed in the "These are worth $22" row was none other than Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for Playstation 2.

A Greatest Hits title that you can pick up used at Gamestop for close to $8.

I took my copy up to the store and asked to trade it in. The guy offered me $1.68 in trade, then I showed him the ad. He couldn't believe his eyes-and gave me $22 in trade for it, no questions or bickering.

What's more, the back of the ad has coupons for 20% off new and used games/accessories. By using the coupon and the trade-in credit, I can get Ninja Gaiden for less than $20? Yes, please!

Please note that you do have to have an ad that displays MGS2 for $22. Just make sure you don't pass over a GC ad in the paper!

EDIT:

It turns out that their corp office caught the mistake after the flier went out, and amployees are instructed to not offer or honor the $22 trade in. :roll:

[quote name='jalu6']sounds pretty awesome. any chance theres a .pdf or scan of this somewhere?[/quote]

I scanned the front of the ad where the MGS2 goodness is. It's 215k, so it's not exactly bandwith friendly-and it's low-res. :wink:

Click Here to see it.

[quote name='GameDude']sweet. I got that ad too. What part of Ohio are you in? I'm near Cincinnati - in Milford to be more precise.[/quote]

Haha, so am I! Small world, I tells ya.

wow. very nice. ahh.but it has the location on it. ill have to stake out my local paper and see if they have one for my area.

Nice find. So it was in one of thoes coupon things with all the pizza stuff.

To bad it has the location. But maybe just maybe they wont look that hard at it. Worth a try

Whoops somebody misprinted badly there.....It's ironic according to the ad you could buy the game for $13 there and then trade it back for $22 and make $9.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Whoops somebody misprinted badly there.....It's ironic according to the ad you could buy the game for $13 there and then trade it back for $22 and make $9.[/quote]

The ad doesn't actually state that they sell it for $13 -- it is listed with games they sell for 12.99 & up

Does this only work for your guys gamecrazy store or will it work at the gamecrazy by me in cali ? Or would my store have the flyer inside on the counter somewhere, cause if so I might just hit up all the gamestop and sell them in for $22 each and buy up the games Ive been meaning to get :p Also does it have a limit or can you return as many as you gotz?

hmm ive had a game crazy in my area but never checked it out, i think i might today, some of those prices look good.

[quote name='Oobgarm'][quote name='GameDude']sweet. I got that ad too. What part of Ohio are you in? I'm near Cincinnati - in Milford to be more precise.[/quote]

Haha, so am I! Small world, I tells ya.[/quote]

*smiles* I'm in Batavia/ Eastgate Ohio...about 5 miles from you Milford, Ohio boys....maybe we should work out some trades!

"Ask our game experts!!"

game experts my ass. unless your courious about madden or nhl 94 on genesis,they dont have an f'ing clue

[quote name='Wshakspear']"Ask our game experts!!"

game experts my ass. unless your courious about madden or nhl 94 on genesis,they dont have an f'ing clue[/quote]

rocker.gif

Don't even get me started on how much I dislike them!

Also interesting that they will give $25 for Max Payne 2. Last week that was $25 brand new at Best Buy (w/ GGC) so you could essentially have tried it out for free and sold it back to GC this week for what you paid for it.

[quote name='jousley'][quote name='Oobgarm'][quote name='GameDude']sweet. I got that ad too. What part of Ohio are you in? I'm near Cincinnati - in Milford to be more precise.[/quote]

Haha, so am I! Small world, I tells ya.[/quote]

*smiles* I'm in Batavia/ Eastgate Ohio...about 5 miles from you Milford, Ohio boys....maybe we should work out some trades![/quote]

Do you guys play Halo? I'm thinking about setting up a lan with 4 xboxes and 4 tvs.

[quote name='wubb']Also interesting that they will give $25 for Max Payne 2. Last week that was $25 brand new at Best Buy (w/ GGC) so you could essentially have tried it out for free and sold it back to GC this week for what you paid for it.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but I think Game Crazy only gives store credit.

what was the name of the newspaper the ad was in?
just curious cause i live in ohio too.
thanks.

[quote name='OZUS']what was the name of the newspaper the ad was in?
just curious cause i live in ohio too.
thanks.[/quote]

Mine was just in the mailbox, like with the junk ads and stuff.

Where do you live in Ohio?

yeah, but i'm old.
and i have really bad hand to eye coordination.
i wouldnt last 2 minutes against you guys.

Hey guys, i'm in Newport, KY. Just across the river. I didn't realize there were so many people in here from the Tri-State area. No wonder I can't find any good deals :twisted:

bread's done
Back