(DEAD) Game of Thrones [Blu-ray] - W/ Exclusive Packaging + Keychain - $34.99 @ BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has lowered their pre-order price for Game of Thrones on Blu down to $34.99 (DVD is $29.99). They have two exclusive covers to choose from (Stark or Targaryen) plus it comes with a cool keychain. This releases on March 6th.

LINK

Amazon has now PM'd them (no special packaging or keychain however)

f_gamethronKC20108_03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xellos2099']Is thr keychian worth fighting over?[/QUOTE]
Eh, I don't think so. The fact that you get the BD set for only $35 is kind of a steal anyways. The keychain is incredibly large, too large to use as a practical keychain.

Mine will probably end up attached to my comic con lanyard this year, and then never used again.

*sigh*

No idea which one to get. The one better suited to the season (Stark), or the one I like more (Targaryen). Alternatively I could just go with the default as I like that one a lot too. I wish they could have made it an easier choice instead of putting my two favorites.

Anyone know if I pre-order for in store pick-up if I could change it when I get there to pick it up in case I change my mind again? I can't see as though they'd have a problem with that since they're the same price, as long as they have the extra copies.

Seriously, why does Best Buy's system consider pre-order items the same as regular items?

It's so dumb. Just have it in the system under a different item class or something.

Because having to go to the physical store twice for a keychain is dumb as hell.

The local Best Buy guys are just going to hold my keychain for me even though the order was officially canceled.

Seriously the only reason why I shop at Best Buy is because the local employees know about all the BS that goes on and don't care about following the rules.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Seriously why does Best Buy's system consider pre-order items as like regular items.

It's so dumb. Just have it in the system under a different item class or something.

Because having to go to the physical store twice for a keychain is dumb as hell.

The local Best Buy guys are just going to hold my keychain for me even though the order was officially canceled.

Seriously the only reason why I shop at Best Buy is because the local employees know about all the BS that goes on and don't care about following the rules.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was holding off preordering so that I would be able to pick up the keychain on release date, and then they pull it from the website. Probably not going to preorder, but am going to see if they have any copies when I go to pick up Mass Effect 3.

Wow, essentially release date delivery from Best Buy. This might be the first order of mine they don't screw up in over a year.

Got my shipping notice too, but they didn't drop the price to match the currently-available price. Sent an email yesterday, but haven't heard anything back. Really don't want to have to call to get them to match the price when they should've done it automatically. Thanks for reminding me why I usually go with Amazon, Best Buy. If it wasn't for the $10 gift card I had, I wouldn't have used you this time either.

Also got my shipping notice. Can't wait to watch this! Don't have HBO, so I couldn't watch it, but am very excited to now.

Got my shipped email today as well. Too bad I won't have time to watch it with Mass Effect coming out as well, but I'll get around to it.

I'm really hoping that the release day price is $35. That way when I walk into the store to pick up my copy I can just point to the damn sign and get my $10 back.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Here's my issue. I can watch any episode I want on HBO GO. Also When this series ends there will be a super duper King of The North Box set which I'll want and will come out to be less than buying them individually. Might have to pass.[/QUOTE]

you realize thats at least 6+ years away right? 5 books so far, and 6th and 7th should be out in the next 5 years. Thats also provided they dont do mutltiple seasons spanning the same book. (game of thrones season 1 follows the first book, but the third book is long as hell so could see either more episodes or split seasons for it)

Oh and definitely just ordered the Stark Version for in store pickup (love having a best buy literally 2 mins from my house). Already watched it once, but at 27 bucks for me after a 10 dollar RZ coupon, couldnt not buy this. Too good to pass up.

Cant wait for the new season to get under way, just finished the 3rd book (best in the series so far), and started slogging my way through book 4 (supposed to be the worst)

So for those that already have it, is it simply a different outer slipcase as the only difference between the two "versions" at Best Buy?

[quote name='kilik64']you realize thats at least 6+ years away right? 5 books so far, and 6th and 7th should be out in the next 5 years. Thats also provided they dont do mutltiple seasons spanning the same book. (game of thrones season 1 follows the first book, but the third book is long as hell so could see either more episodes or split seasons for it)

Oh and definitely just ordered the Stark Version for in store pickup (love having a best buy literally 2 mins from my house). Already watched it once, but at 27 bucks for me after a 10 dollar RZ coupon, couldnt not buy this. Too good to pass up.

Cant wait for the new season to get under way, just finished the 3rd book (best in the series so far), and started slogging my way through book 4 (supposed to be the worst)[/QUOTE]

all of this. im reading the books myself.( currently on clash of kings, but taking a hiatus because some fuck wad posted a spoiler about it on a trailer for season 2)

[quote name='Chaz']Got my shipping notice too, but they didn't drop the price to match the currently-available price. Sent an email yesterday, but haven't heard anything back. Really don't want to have to call to get them to match the price when they should've done it automatically. Thanks for reminding me why I usually go with Amazon, Best Buy. If it wasn't for the $10 gift card I had, I wouldn't have used you this time either.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the email customer service link through the site? The last time I did that, I tried several times and they never responded to it. That was around a year ago though.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Did you do the email customer service link through the site? The last time I did that, I tried several times and they never responded to it. That was around a year ago though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and they haven't responded to me either. I guess I'll have to call tonight or tomorrow. Worst comes to worst, I'll just bring the receipt into the store and either price match or return it, since the $35 price is the sale price this week. Which makes it even dumber that they didn't reduce the amount they charged me.

I seen every episode on HBO as they premiered, easy the best HBO show since The Wire (will any show ever top this?) I had a PS3 for 2 years and only owned 2 blu rays ever "Gladiator" and "The Patriot". I usually NEVER watch anything twice so I never have a need to purchase it.

This time around when they posted the original price of $55 for the set, I was on edge on making the purchase to support Game of Thrones, Because I would hate 2 years down the road if HBO canceled the show due to "low merhadizing/sales/ratings related to Game of Thrones). I went ahead and got this set for that very reason, because its our job as consumers to support shows that we want to see, or we will get some more reality television bullshit.

On a another note, this is a huge keychain, I doubt it will go on my keyring, but its a very solid piece. I will definitly watch thiis boxset a few times before the world premier of Season 2 on April 1st.

Huge reason I am watching it, Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) is smoking hot, probably even much better on blu ray : )

[quote name='Poor2More']I seen every episode on HBO as they premiered, easy the best HBO show since The Wire (will any show ever top this?) I had a PS3 for 2 years and only owned 2 blu rays ever "Gladiator" and "The Patriot". I usually NEVER watch anything twice so I never have a need to purchase it.

This time around when they posted the original price of $55 for the set, I was on edge on making the purchase to support Game of Thrones, Because I would hate 2 years down the road if HBO canceled the show due to "low merhadizing/sales/ratings related to Game of Thrones). I went ahead and got this set for that very reason, because its our job as consumers to support shows that we want to see, or we will get some more reality television bullshit.

On a another note, this is a huge keychain, I doubt it will go on my keyring, but its a very solid piece. I will definitly watch thiis boxset a few times before the world premier of Season 2 on April 1st.

Huge reason I am watching it, Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) is smoking hot, probably even much better on blu ray : )[/QUOTE]

I agree. IM shocked that its $29.99 considering HBO shows release around $45-$55.

Yes, The Wire is a great show. I hate how they stop Rome....

[quote name='Darknuke']Also got my shipping notice. Can't wait to watch this! Don't have HBO, so I couldn't watch it, but am very excited to now.[/QUOTE]

AMAZING series. Amazing book!

[quote name='Poor2More']I seen every episode on HBO as they premiered, easy the best HBO show since The Wire (will any show ever top this?) I had a PS3 for 2 years and only owned 2 blu rays ever "Gladiator" and "The Patriot". I usually NEVER watch anything twice so I never have a need to purchase it.

Huge reason I am watching it, Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) is smoking hot, probably even much better on blu ray : )[/QUOTE]

Best HBO series since Deadwood and Rome.

[quote name='kwick7']AMAZING series. Amazing book!

Best HBO series since Deadwood and Rome.[/QUOTE]

I just hope thay dont cancel this show later down the line like they did with Rome...

[quote name='The Punisher']I just hope thay dont cancel this show later down the line like they did with Rome...[/QUOTE]

Rome was originally only meant to be a mini-series, similar to Band of Brothers. We were lucky to get a second season. There were talks of a movie, but I haven't heard any recent news.

[quote name='dino88']Rome was originally only meant to be a mini-series, similar to Band of Brothers. We were lucky to get a second season. There were talks of a movie, but I haven't heard any recent news.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a fire or something on the set of Rome? Then, after that, they decided not to do another season?

Great price, but since I have HBO and it's all on HBO GO, not sure if I really should get this or not. Granted it's not going to be there forever, but I can't imagine it going away anytime soon.

Still incredibly tempting.

I've got a few family members I'm not sure I can sell on the pre-purchase, but I was just curious if anyone has any idea from past BB/Amazon behavior if the price will jump on Tuesday, and if so, by how much? (DVD Copy, not Blu)

Edit: Also, how reliable is Best Buy's pick up in store for preorders? If I can drop $30 today and just have someone reimburse me to save them $5, I'd probably do it.

Haven't seen the show, but it's looks interesting. Is there a lot of cursing and violence in this series? I have small kids at home, so my free time away from them is severely limited. Would be nice if this is something I could watch while they're awake (they don't actually watch the TV, just play in the same room).

[quote name='WingsDJY']Haven't seen the show, but it's looks interesting. Is there a lot of cursing and violence in this series? I have small kids at home, so my free time away from them is severely limited. Would be nice if this is something I could watch while they're awake (they don't actually watch the TV, just play in the same room).[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say theres cursing, but the conversations are very adult oriented and contain adult refreances. There is a fair amount of violance, but it isnt the shows hallmark so to speak. This is a character driven show, but it is geared to an adult audiance. With that they are short seasons, only 10 episodes so its not to bad or hard to get through.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Haven't seen the show, but it's looks interesting. Is there a lot of cursing and violence in this series? I have small kids at home, so my free time away from them is severely limited. Would be nice if this is something I could watch while they're awake (they don't actually watch the TV, just play in the same room).[/QUOTE]

Is there a lot of cursing and violence in this series?

fuck, yes. It's basically Lord of the Rings but for mature audiences only (or perhaps the Sopranos/the Wire set in a medieval world) - less fantasy creatures and more medieval violence and human nature at its gritty worst, fair amount of nudity and sex, tons of plotting and political intrigue, and plenty of violence. The show opens with multiple beheadings. Deals with such topics as incest, whoring, violent conquest, political backstabbing.

Would be nice if this is something I could watch while they're awake (they don't actually watch the TV, just play in the same room).

Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea at all. Kind of wanted to joke and say "oh yeah it would be totally appropriate", but that would be too evil even for me.

[quote name='karkyco']Is there a lot of cursing and violence in this series?

fuck, yes. It's basically Lord of the Rings but for mature audiences only (or perhaps the Sopranos/the Wire set in a medieval world) - less fantasy creatures and more medieval violence and human nature at its gritty worst, fair amount of nudity and sex, tons of plotting and political intrigue, and plenty of violence. The show opens with multiple beheadings. Deals with such topics as incest, whoring, violent conquest, political backstabbing.

Would be nice if this is something I could watch while they're awake (they don't actually watch the TV, just play in the same room).

Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea at all. Kind of wanted to joke and say "oh yeah it would be totally appropriate", but that would be too evil even for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Headsets don't hide titties.[/QUOTE]

He said they don't watch the TV. Obviously if he specifically said this, his main concern is what is being heard, Now I personally wouldn't play this in front of kids if they were in the same room, but if he's confident that they don't look at the TV at all, then a headset would fix his dilemma.

I put in a 'in store pick-up' order with Best Buy this morning for the exclusive Stark case. I have no history with this, so... that should be fine, right? No hiccups with actually getting it? Or does Best Buy have a track record of screwing exclusives like this up?

I work all day, so getting there at 10am just wasn't an option.

[quote name='007']I put in a 'in store pick-up' order with Best Buy this morning for the exclusive Stark case. I have no history with this, so... that should be fine, right? No hiccups with actually getting it? Or does Best Buy have a track record of screwing exclusives like this up?

I work all day, so getting there at 10am just wasn't an option.[/QUOTE]

With BB you can always expect hiccups. But for the most part they should get it right. Just know your sku # (on your receipt) and make sure it matches with the item you are receiving. BB knows they are supposed to get you the sku that matches your receipt.

M

I have two pre-orders so I could get the key chain. I still think I am going to keep one of them to get the Stark edition, but I want to cancel the other. Does anyone think they will make me return the key chain.

Can't wait to watch the season again. I am trying to get through the book, A Clash of Kings before s2 starts. The trailer looked so good. It reminded me of how much I hate Littlefinger.
Too bad there is no Ned Stark. I remember how shocked I was when they beheaded him (reading the book, I knew it was going to happen before they aired it). Sean Bean was great. I think I read somewhere that he was not going to watch the show since he was killed off. Don't know if that is true.

Just picked up a copy (Stark Cover). The blu-rays went quickly from the display case in the front of the store, but they had a cart in the middle of the store with more copies. I have read all 5 books so far, but have not seen the show. I figured it is worth picking up since HBO series usually do not drop in price for a while. I could probably watch it and then sell it in a couple of weeks and make back most of my money.

[quote name='77Pat']Just picked up a copy (Stark Cover). The blu-rays went quickly from the display case in the front of the store, but they had a cart in the middle of the store with more copies. I have read all 5 books so far, but have not seen the show. I figured it is worth picking up since HBO series usually do not drop in price for a while. I could probably watch it and then sell it in a couple of weeks and make back most of my money.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just keep it cause its bloody awesome.

Picked up my pre-ordered instore today. No key chain what the HECK!!! Been told the Key Chain is in the BOX SET. I swing by the movie department all the BOX SET look the same.

Just picked up my copy a little while ago. After inspecting the covers, I actually liked the original one best and picked it up. Might not have been alone on that as there were tons of the special cover ones around and very few "regular". That could also just mean they got in very few regular ones.

[quote name='mpaullin']Just picked up my copy a little while ago. After inspecting the covers, I actually liked the original one best and picked it up. Might not have been alone on that as there were tons of the special cover ones around and very few "regular". That could also just mean they got in very few regular ones.[/QUOTE]

They do have fewer regular ones than exclusive ones currently. Are the exclusive covers just slipcovers with the standard underneath or no?

[quote name='Scorch']That's it, I'm blind buying this today. I've heard so much talk about this show.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend this as a blind buy because it is crazy good (story-wise, production-wise, acting-wise). I will warn that, as someone who never read the books, I found it to be a bit dense/hard to follow. I didn't pick up on a lot of the backstory (maybe I wasn't paying attention well enough, I dunno). It seems that the blu ray version has this extra feature called "The Complete Guide to Westeros" that would be very beneficial for you to watch before getting started. Just my two cents..

My online order didn't auto-adjust to the $34.99 price since I ordered it at $44.99, so had to call in to get the $10 + tax back on the order. Rep credited me back $15 to my purchasing credit card, so nice to get back more than I was expecting.

If anyone else ordered it at a higher price and didn't see the credit show up or the charge for the $34.99 + tax on the their online order, they should call into 888-BESTBUY and ask for the difference back.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They do have fewer regular ones than exclusive ones currently. Are the exclusive covers just slipcovers with the standard underneath or no?[/QUOTE]
Yeah the exclusive covers are slip covers with the regular cover underneath. Nevermind. The slipcover version I got does not have the ornamental decorations along the side of the case.

[quote name='shrike4242']My online order didn't auto-adjust to the $34.99 price since I ordered it at $44.99, so had to call in to get the $10 + tax back on the order. Rep credited me back $15 to my purchasing credit card, so nice to get back more than I was expecting.

If anyone else ordered it at a higher price and didn't see the credit show up or the charge for the $34.99 + tax on the their online order, they should call into 888-BESTBUY and ask for the difference back.[/QUOTE]
Yeah just about to do this. I picked up in store and asked about it and they said it auto adjusts but the charge I see on my card is still the old higher price. I don't understand why they cant just change the damn price and charge what it costs instead of overcharging and then refunding. Now that my gift cards are all used up I can be done with this crap company until they have some ridiculous deal to hook me back in.

edit: looking at my online order the price on it did adjust but it's not showing on my credit card yet. I guess it'll take a couple days or whatever for the refund. fuck them anyway.

bread's done
Back