[DEAD] GameCube Mario Kart Bundle w/FREE $29.99 Game BACK!

NintendoFanGirl

CAGiversary!
I bought one for my nephew, but I picked it up at BB, it comes with Mario Kart: DD and 2 Official GameCube Controllers wich tehcnically is the same since a controller is $29.99

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] it comes with Mario Kart: DD and 2 Official GameCube Controllers wich tehcnically is the same since a controller is $29.99[/quote]

This bundle comes with the $15 "you've got money" gift check to be used towards a GameCube game too whereas the bundle with the 2nd controller does not.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='LinkinPrime'] it comes with Mario Kart: DD and 2 Official GameCube Controllers wich tehcnically is the same since a controller is $29.99[/quote]

This bundle comes with the $15 "you've got money" gift check to be used towards a GameCube game too whereas the bundle with the 2nd controller does not.[/quote]

Oh SNAP! That is a good deal then.

Nice. No tax either. EBgames.com had a little bit better choice of $29.99 games, though. Twin Snakes, and if you were early enough, Four Swords come to mind.

I didn't know there was a gift check. I don't see anything about it mentioned in the description.

Are you sure it comes with the gift check?

Hmm... decisions, decisions.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Is there ANYONE here without a Cube? WHY!?[/quote]

:wave: ME

Still don't have one.....no desire I guess. Happy with XBOX

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Is there ANYONE here without a Cube? WHY!?[/quote]

Still don't have one.....no desire I guess. Happy with XBOX[/quote]
Yep, I have been trying to find a reason to buy one with all of these deals but can not seem to find one. Just nothing that jumps out at me and says play me on the GC...

I took advice from Vicious and did the Game Crazy deal for the Mario Kart bundle with one controller and the $15 game credit, but the Game Crazy deal also included another free game (I picked P.N. 03 from the applicable unopened games the store had in stock), an Intec memory card 59, 12 Hollywood Video rentals and a holiday coupon book.

You people are insane. There are at least 10 AAA games not available on any other system that are on the GCN. I just don't understand...

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='doubledown'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Is there ANYONE here without a Cube? WHY!?[/quote]

Still don't have one.....no desire I guess. Happy with XBOX[/quote]
Yep, I have been trying to find a reason to buy one with all of these deals but can not seem to find one. Just nothing that jumps out at me and says play me on the GC...[/quote]

Mario Kart DD
Metroid Prime
Zelda Wind Waker
Pikmin

Just to name a few. The Nintendo exclusive games are great games.

[quote name='javeryh']You people are insane. There are at least 10 AAA games not available on any other system that are on the GCN. I just don't understand...[/quote]I had a cube but sold it long ago.

I played Metroid and Zelda did not like either. Metroid was not bad, just not good enough to continue playing. No interest in Final Fantasy CC- not big on the connectivity with the GBA and playing this sytle of games with friends. As for the resident evil series the fun of it kinda died after the second one for me so Zero and 4 do not excite me. The new Zelda look great but I have not enjoyed a zelda game since the SNES (have not played the GBA ones). By the time the new Zelda comes out there should be way better GC deals so if it is good, I could maybe get one then.

Now I do loike the Gameboy player because alot of the old SNES games that are getting ported over. But still this is not enough to buy the system.

Just some of my reasoning, If I am missing something help me out, I kinda want to buy one but can not find a reason why.

Yeah, I agree with OtherGods. I'll take my Halo2 over Metroid Prime....
Mario Kart DD seems like it could be fun, but I'll live w/o it.

Never been a BIG fan of Zelda either.

I like sports games mainly...thus, the GameCube has no real interest to me

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='javeryh']You people are insane. There are at least 10 AAA games not available on any other system that are on the GCN. I just don't understand...[/quote]I had a cube but sold it long ago.

I played Metroid and Zelda did not like either. Metroid was not bad, just not good enough to continue playing. No interest in Final Fantasy CC- not big on the connectivity with the GBA and playing this sytle of games with friends. As for the resident evil series the fun of it kinda died after the second one for me so Zero and 4 do not excite me. The new Zelda look great but I have not enjoyed a zelda game since the SNES (have not played the GBA ones). By the time the new Zelda comes out there should be way better GC deals so if it is good, I could maybe get one then.

Now I do loike the Gameboy player because alot of the old SNES games that are getting ported over. But still this is not enough to buy the system.

Just some of my reasoning, If I am missing something help me out, I kinda want to buy one but can not find a reason why.[/quote]

I respect you opinion. If you don't like Zelda and Metroid then the GCN is probably not for you. Some games I love for my cube:

Zelda: WW
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine (way underrated)
Viewtiful Joe
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Mario Golf
Paper Mario
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
1080 Avalanche
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Ikaruga

I'm sure there are others but this is off the top of my head...

[quote name='Othergods']...Just some of my reasoning, If I am missing something help me out, I kinda want to buy one but can not find a reason why.[/quote]

More girls will come over because the girls like the cutsie games. ;)

(I keed, I keed...don't flame) :)

Of the three consoles I've come to think that the GC has some of the most unique and interesting games.

I'm a PC gamer first and I find that while most of the games on the Xbox and PS2 have a PC equivalent, the games on the GC don't.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Of the three consoles I've come to think that the GC has some of the most unique and interesting games.

I'm a PC gamer first and I find that while most of the games on the Xbox and PS2 have a PC equivalent, the games on the GC don't.[/quote]
More interesting than Mr. Misqito and Katamari Damacy lol

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Of the three consoles I've come to think that the GC has some of the most unique and interesting games.

I'm a PC gamer first and I find that while most of the games on the Xbox and PS2 have a PC equivalent, the games on the GC don't.[/quote]
More interesting than Mr. Misqito and Katamari Damacy lol[/quote]

To be honest, yeah. I like Katamari a lot. I never played Mr Misquito but I've heard about it.

IMO though it appears to me that the more unique and interesting games come out on the GC. Especially when compared to the x-box. What separates the xbox from the other two is that they get most PC ports. But I have a PC so that's not as big a deal to me. That and they have the best online service.

The PS2 has more big hits. The GTA, FF, etc. But the Nintendo linup is just as big.

I have all three and I thought I would play the GC the least. I even bought that last. But since I've bought it I devote about a third of the time to my other two consoles when compared to the GC.

But I'll give a perfect example. I've played RE and I've played Fatal Frame 2. But Eternal Darkness is by far the much more interesting and engrossing horror game.

They have shooters on the PS2 but Ikaruga is definately up there as one of the best and unique.

For platformers there are the Jak and Dexters of the world. (It seems to me that the PS2 has tried to build up a reputation in platformers. I can name ten very good ones off the top of my head.) But the GC also has its fair share or platformers and some truly uniqe fare in Viewtiful Joe and others.

I'm not saying the GC is the best system. Each has its own strengths. But I do think when you look at titles as a whole the GC has the most unique and original gameplay. And that's the consoles particular strength.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I didn't know there was a gift check. I don't see anything about it mentioned in the description.

Are you sure it comes with the gift check?[/quote]

Positive. There were only 2 bundles made, one with the 2 controllers and one with 1 controller and the $15 gift check.

This is a good deal, too bad this wasn't here last Xmas when I bought my daughter one. Still thinking of picking one up and keeping the games, coupon, and ebaying it.

Another post says the game and controller is in a separate box.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I didn't know there was a gift check. I don't see anything about it mentioned in the description.

Are you sure it comes with the gift check?

Hmm... decisions, decisions.[/quote]

It comes with the $15 check. I just ordered one Friday morning and got FFCC for free plus the check. The cube, controller, Mario Kart Double Dash and the check were all in the box together. I selected the EBSaver shipping for $2.99 and I got it Monday. I'm too happy!

[quote name='dwsscs']This is a good deal, too bad this wasn't here last Xmas when I bought my daughter one. Still thinking of picking one up and keeping the games, coupon, and ebaying it.

Another post says the game and controller is in a separate box.[/quote]

that's true, I got one of those MK:DD bundles at BB with the extra 2nd controller. The Cube comes in it's own seperate box. The cube is in a box Identical to the normal non-bundle platinum cubes. The bar code is coverd by a sticker saying it's part of a bundle but that sticker can taken off real easy.

Hey all,
If you buy the $99 Gamecube Mario Kart bundle at Gamestop.com, then you can enter a code and get a free new Gamecube game valued at $29.99 or less. The game has to be in stock and this offer is not vaild for accessories.

I ordered this deal today and I only payed $3.49 for shipping and no sales tax (I live in Oklahoma). For $103.49 total I got the Mario Kart GC Bundle ($99.99) and Alien Hominid ($29.99).

gamestop mario kart bonus deal

TOPIC Merged by NFG

Anyone know if all the doubledash bundles are DOL-101, or are some of them DOL-001?

Wondering if it's still possible to get the version w/ component out in this bundle...

[quote name='TimTucker']Anyone know if all the doubledash bundles are DOL-101, or are some of them DOL-001?

Wondering if it's still possible to get the version w/ component out in this bundle...[/quote]

You are not likely going to find the GC with digital output in the MK bundle. You can buy the bundle and send the control deck in and they will swap it with a system that does have the digital AV port. It will be a remanufactured system but you will still get your 1 yr warranty.

A few other overlooked games on the GC that I think make it well worth owning:

Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg - an excellent & very unique platformer
P.N.03 - great Capcom shooter
Gotcha Force - another Capcom game, this one a quasi-fighter. Collecting the tons of robots is addictive.
Baten Kaitos - I'm only 2.5 hours into this one, but I absolutely love it so far. And I almost didn't pick this one up!
Kirby's Air Ride - more fun than Mario Kart IMO, especially playing the City mode w/ friends
Skies of Arcadia Legends - if you never played this one on the Dreamcast, this game alone is worth the cost of the system.
PSO ep. I & II and ep. III: CARD - The GC PSO's beat out the Xbox one if for no other reason than you can pay one hunter's license fee & play both games. And both games are some of the best this gen.

I see the GC similarly as the DC. Not the most comercially successful system, but tons of hidden gems that make it a fantastic system. I still prefer my PS2 - the size & quality of its library is hard to beat - but the GC is definitely a close second.

Damn! GS still won't let me order online. Keeps saying my CC info is wrong or something. Any chance this is in store too? I figure this might be a cheap way to get MK: DD!!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! GS still won't let me order online. Keeps saying my CC info is wrong or something. Any chance this is in store too? I figure this might be a cheap way to get MK: DD!![/quote]

If you have moved recently make sure that you have updated your billing address or just use the old one, I had that problem as well, I was using the new address but the CC card company still had the old one on file, so using the old one worked just fine.

[quote name='leeloo1977'][quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! GS still won't let me order online. Keeps saying my CC info is wrong or something. Any chance this is in store too? I figure this might be a cheap way to get MK: DD!![/quote]

If you have moved recently make sure that you have updated your billing address or just use the old one, I had that problem as well, I was using the new address but the CC card company still had the old one on file, so using the old one worked just fine.[/quote]

Yeah, I might try that. I have moved recently. My CC's all have my updated info though and I haven't had any problems ordering anywhere else. I am still gonna try this though.

EDIT: Still didn't work. Bah!!

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='javeryh']You people are insane. There are at least 10 AAA games not available on any other system that are on the GCN. I just don't understand...[/quote]I had a cube but sold it long ago.

Just some of my reasoning, If I am missing something help me out, I kinda want to buy one but can not find a reason why.[/quote]

Mario Kart
Mario Party Series
Paper Mario
Pikmin
Pikmin 2

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! GS still won't let me order online. Keeps saying my CC info is wrong or something. Any chance this is in store too? I figure this might be a cheap way to get MK: DD!![/quote]

Um, not that I know of. I went into GameStop and asked them about it, but back during the Black Friday weekend, they were offering a free $30 value kit. It was stupid. Third-party memory card and controller or something.

This is an awesome deal you guys. Don't forget the "You've got Money" check you get, too. That's basically a free Player's Choice game, too!

Just to point out that the RE pack (Remake and Zero) counts as one game for this promo.

Awesome deal to get 3 games plus the bonus check for $100.

Also, in case it wasn't posted, the code to use is HOLIDAYGC.

i am guessing that nintendo will pull the plug on the gv in north america next christmas and clearance them out for $20 or less. I think these deals put the value of a new system with controler and all hookups at about $20 already: for $99, you get: a $30 game, a $15 giftcard, and a $50 game(mario kart DD) on top of the new system + controller and all hook ups so you get $95 worth of extras on top of the system plus controller plus all hook ups... This means the value of a new cube + controller and all hook ups= $5

If you want to say that mario kart DD will be GH soon, ok it is only $20 instead of $50, then a new cube is worth $35 instead of $5.

They are already $50 at sears, i was considering getting this bundle, but i already own a cube and i think reselling my old cube would be pretty difficult(people would rather just opt for a new cube will all these extras)

I grabbed the bundle tonight w/ the Pure evil RE 2 pack, awesome stuff indeed! I got it all for 107 an change shipped. a great deal indeed for some massive gamage.

I really want to want a Gamecube, and theres plenty of games on it that I want, but theres nothing on it that makes me want to spend $100 to get one. Grandia 3 or Skies of Arcadia 2 would do that. Zelda, while I like it, does not. The DS is getting a Grandia and a Lunar game, so I'm directing my limited resources in that direction.

Nintendo is still getting my money though, unless the PSP seriously comes through with some great RPG's and online capability.

I got my GC Bundle with the Pure evil 2 pack and also got a code to get a free RE4 demo from capcom. Very cool Indeed!!

bread's done
Back