[DEAD]Gamefly Memorial Day $10 Coupon Code for members on games >$30

SniperREX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
I don't think it's already been mentioned. Anyway I just checked my account and I found a $10 coupon valid until 05/27 only on games that are $30 or more. So pretty much nothing from GF store.

I guess it's offered to all GF members.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='alex2792']If you clear the q and just put infamous there it will ship on Tuesday which is 5/26 99% of the time so the coupon should still be good.[/QUOTE

hate to break it to you but there is a VERY VERY good chance that RELEASE DATE will be pushed back to thursday or even Friday. with no mail on monday items will not ship Meaning the game wil not be shipped to gamefly Till tuesday. Meaning a weds or thursday or even friday release.

Gamefly usually waits a Day or two before updating their RELEASE DATES... 99.9% of the time Gamefly does NOT get the game the same day it comes out. Of over the 200+ games i rented off gamefly maybe 1 or 2 ever came out on release day

I might call them up today and see what they say about the coupon... Im going to tell them the coupon is no good for people who only have

ps 2 Ds and psp since there is no game over 30 bucks to buy.... Once i get done talking to them today i post what they say (wont be till around 3 or 4 pm est)[/QUOTE]

I got UFC sent out to me the day before it was released, it took 2 days to get to my house and I had it on Wednesday. If inFamous doesn't ship out on time I'll just keep UFC and sell it on craigslist for $40+ after I'm finished with career mode :)

even if they ship you infamous, i doubt there will be a keep it now price before the 27th.

I remember when they use to have these coupons with no restrictions or lower restrictions. I got Virtua Tennis 3 for like $12 a couple of Black Fridays ago.

[quote name='dizee']even if they ship you infamous, i doubt there will be a keep it now price before the 27th.[/QUOTE]

I've found every release date game that I've rented so far has had a keep it price on it and I've taken advantage of that to get unplayed copies of many new release titles with my coupons (about a half dozen of them).

I have a 5 dollar coupon as well so I'll get 15 dollars off to get a copy of Infamous when they ship it out on the 26th- if not, it's no big deal because I'm on the border with this game and the deal is what's pushing me to get it.

Thanks GF for another coupon I won't use.

Oh well about 1/2 the games I've bought from their store I've had to return due to DD errors anyway.

[quote name='G-Nitro']these coupons that require $30 or more are worthless when the games over $30 can be found for $30 new or less used already. Gamefly fails a 2nd time with this restriction[/QUOTE]

I guess they should make a coupon code where all games over $30 are free. Would that keep them from failing?

[quote name='slidecage']hate to break it to you but there is a VERY VERY good chance that RELEASE DATE will be pushed back to thursday or even Friday. with no mail on monday items will not ship Meaning the game wil not be shipped to gamefly Till tuesday. Meaning a weds or thursday or even friday release.

Gamefly usually waits a Day or two before updating their RELEASE DATES... 99.9% of the time Gamefly does NOT get the game the same day it comes out. Of over the 200+ games i rented off gamefly maybe 1 or 2 ever came out on release day
[/QUOTE]

actually since Infamous is a street dated release there's a good chance GameFly already has their copies

Yeah Infamous is street dated so Gamefly should have all their copies by now. Which also means if you just added it to your queue at the number 1 spot you might not get it shipped on release day.

Most games get shipped to stores the DAY OF release while big name street dated titles like Infamous get shipped before hand to meet the demand.

Infamous will be shipping on Tuesday. Whether you get it shipped to you is another story. I am hoping i get my copy & use this coupon to get it for around 40 bucks! If not then I can keep UFC for way cheaper than anywhere else.

[quote name='buckythekat']actually since Infamous is a street dated release there's a good chance GameFly already has their copies[/QUOTE]

street date really does not mean a thing to gamefly. its when the company that supplies them the game gives them the green lite to ship... there was a ds game that came out 10 days before gamefly even could ship it (game just came out some magical game )

o i called and told them about what if i only rent Ds games and nothing is under 30... they mostly said too bad there is nothing they can do about it the coupons will always be 30 and up....

sent in an email saying Please for your next coupon drop the price to 25 and up

Just bought Tales of Vesperia with coupon and my additional $5 coupon making it $25 total. Not bad, now to plan how the heck am I gonna find the time to play all this games!!!

I got Punch-Out shipped to me yesterday. I am so tempted to keep it. I don't have other credits but $33 to keep isn't bad at all.

used this to keep my launch copy of Resident Evil 5 (360)... I been on the fence about keeping it or returning it... but for $35 for a game that is practically brand new and only previously owned by me, how can I not keep it?

On a side note... I dont get my next $5 reward til the week after this coupon expires... :roll:

I have Metroid Prime 3 Corruption out. The Keep It Now price is $30.59 so that would be $20.59 plus tax...

Doesn't appear the price on that game is EVER going to go down.

Is $20.59 + tax a good deal for this?

Thanks

[quote name='a5ehren']I have Killzone 2 right now - can keep it for $27...[/QUOTE]
How come the keep it price is $42? Is it cheaper once you have it in your possession as a rental?

sweet. this got me to look and of course i had the $10 coupon in my account. with my new $5 one plus 10% discount i kept Left 4 Dead for only 22.25

[quote name='soulreaver']how come the keep it price is $42? Is it cheaper once you have it in your possession as a rental?[/quote]

42-10-5=27

Thinking about to keep either GH: World Tour Or GH: Metallica.
MIGHT go with Metallica.....Maybe.....Wait.....Dammit!!!! What do you guys think? Replay value?

It is a shame that this sale means nothing unless you have a $30+ game out. The games listed in their store section, at least for the Xbox 360, are all under $30 except Madden '09.

Too bad this coupon didnt last for another week as I wouldve used it towards Fuel or Red Faction: Guerilla.

[quote name='prateeko']Does anyone know if Devil Summoner 2 comes wiht the plushie if you use the keep it now option?[/QUOTE]

the page doesn't say so your best bet would be to call them and ask

however the keep it price isn't above $30 to begin with (even after any loyalty discounts) so the $10 coupon won't work for it either way

[quote name='buckythekat']the page doesn't say so your best bet would be to call them and ask

however the keep it price isn't above $30 to begin with (even after any loyalty discounts) so the $10 coupon won't work for it either way[/QUOTE]

does not come with the stuff thing.. if it did it would say in the item describtion

Picked up Bloom Box Bash Party for $17.95 after the $10 and $ 5 game rewards. Loved the first game and this is one it supposed to be a great party game. Perfect for drinking games.

[quote name='knightimages']Picked up Bloom Box Bash Party for $17.95 after the $10 and $ 5 game rewards. Loved the first game and this is one it supposed to be a great party game. Perfect for drinking games.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you fucking know it. It was #1 in my queue (I intended to do the same) and it has been sitting at "High" for the past two days(listed as "High" even as of an hour ago). My game return checked in 30 minutes ago and now it's listed as "Low." fuckin' bullshit.

FYI, for those that are interested, Gamefly has updated stock on their used store. I know I checked their yesterday to find an xbox 360 game over $30 but couldn't find anything. This morning I saw Grid, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, Madden 09, and Guitar Hero World Tour that would all work with the coupon.

[quote name='tagmay']FYI, for those that are interested, Gamefly has updated stock on their used store. I know I checked their yesterday to find an xbox 360 game over $30 but couldn't find anything. This morning I saw Grid, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, Madden 09, and Guitar Hero World Tour that would all work with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 2, Guitar Hero: WT, and Madden are the only ones left over $30 in the store.

Gears of War 2, MGS 4, Resistance 2, Madden 09 GHWT on 360/PS2 are all in the store now and will qualify for the coupon.

Also I find that looking in the morning before 10am PST a lot more titles show up in the store. This must have something to do with their warehouse processing.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Gears of War 2, MGS 4, Resistance 2, Madden 09 GHWT on 360/PS2 are all in the store now and will qualify for the coupon.

Also I find that looking in the morning before 10am PST a lot more titles show up in the store. This must have something to do with their warehouse processing.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now I have to decide between buying UFC and Resistance 2. I think I'll end up going with Resistance, simply because I need more PS3 games.

Edit: Ordered Resistance 2, $25.88 shipped. Thanks for pointing out it was in the store, wookie.

You have to be an Edge Club Member to get the coupon correct? I was hoping for $10 off Chinatown Wars. Does anybody have any guesses where it may be cheap this weekend? I foolishly slept on the $20 BB deal a few weeks ago.

[quote name='ndnichols']You have to be an Edge Club Member to get the coupon correct? I was hoping for $10 off Chinatown Wars. Does anybody have any guesses where it may be cheap this weekend? I foolishly slept on the $20 BB deal a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh you I take it you can't tell the difference between GameFLY and GameSTOP.

[quote name='SoulReaver']...Where does the $5 off come from? Sorry if I seem so stupid[/QUOTE]

You get a $5 off coupon every few months just for being a member.

[quote name='RudyPants']You get a $5 off coupon every few months just for being a member.[/QUOTE]

To elaborate on this:

Every 3 months you get $5 toward a any purchase.
When you have been a member for 6 months (consecutively) you also get 5% off purchases.
Similarly, after a year of being a member you become eligible for 10% off purchases.

Every few months or so they release these $10 coupons. The last one was giving out in February if my memory serves me well.

So, potentially a subscriber can have a $5 coupon, the $10 promo coupon, and up to 10% of a purchase this time around.

Also, subscribers get free shipping on the games. The cases and manuals and whatever came in the box are brand new. For example, if you bought GTA IV you would get the game (pre-played), the case + manual + map + 1 month XBL card that came in the box retail.

[quote name='iRent']To elaborate on this:

Every 3 months you get $5 toward a any purchase.
When you have been a member for 6 months (consecutively) you also get 5% off purchases.
Similarly, after a year of being a member you become eligible for 10% off purchases.

Every few months or so they release these $10 coupons. The last one was giving out in February if my memory serves me well.

So, potentially a subscriber can have a $5 coupon, the $10 promo coupon, and up to 10% of a purchase this time around.

Also, subscribers get free shipping on the games. The cases and manuals and whatever came in the box are brand new. For example, if you bought GTA IV you would get the game (pre-played), the case + manual + map + 1 month XBL card that came in the box retail.[/QUOTE]

actually it is possible to have two $5 coupons at once

the coupon expires the day after you renew three months later

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Uhhhh you I take it you can't tell the difference between GameFLY and GameSTOP.[/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah. I guess I can't.

[quote name='buckythekat']actually it is possible to have two $5 coupons at once

the coupon expires the day after you renew three months later[/QUOTE]

Oh cool there's a day overlap. I didn't know that. I haven't come up on 6 months yet.

Gamefly is such a great service. I find renting at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video to be archaic.

bread's done
Back