[DEAD] Gamefly PC Download Sale: Square Enix Weekend

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

Last edited by a moderator:
3 dollars after the promo code for Quantum Connundrum. Cheapest it'll probably EVER be. :D

This is the first thing I've bought from D2D after the Gamefly merger. Maybe this is a sign that their deals are actually back.

Thinking of getting Torchlight. Can these games be activated on Steam? I'd also like to be able to play it on my Mac, if possible.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Nope, the Torchlight from them cannot be activated on steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I may just stick with pre-ordering TL2 from Steam and getting the free copy of the original.

[quote name='Das_Regal']3 dollars after the promo code for Quantum Connundrum. Cheapest it'll probably EVER be. :D

This is the first thing I've bought from D2D after the Gamefly merger. Maybe this is a sign that their deals are actually back.[/QUOTE]

They've actually been having some decent weekend deals lately, though I will still only buy stuff that activates on Steam or Origin.

[quote name='BNoyes']Thinking of getting Torchlight. Can these games be activated on Steam? I'd also like to be able to play it on my Mac, if possible.[/QUOTE]

This version of Torchlight doesn't look to activate on Steam (a non-steam version does exist). But I have seen steam codes being offered for Torchlight in the Steam Trade and Group Buy Thread pretty regularly. If you get a Steam code, Torchlight is Steamplay, meaning you can play it on either Mac or PC if you have it on Steam.

I bought Hitman: Contracts, QC and Napoleon: Total War all for under 9$. Hitman: Contracts did NOT come with a Steam code.

As far as I know, Hitman Contracts has never been available digitally elsewhere. It's definitely not on Steam, at any rate. Something with the music licensing, is what I heard. Interested in that, QC, and maybe the DS3 DLC. Thanks OP

Doh, literally just bought The Missing Link DLC on Steam yesterday for $15. Oh well, I really loved Deus EX and don't mind throwing $10 to the developers. Highly recommended for RPG-FPS fans.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Dungeon Siege 3 for $5 seems pretty good. Has it been any cheaper?[/QUOTE]

The bundle on Steam was $7.49 during the summer sale, which included DS1 and DS2, and the DLC for DS3. If you can wait, you're better off getting it on there. You can't get DS1/DS2 on Steam without buying DS3 directly from Steam.

[quote name='gldoorii']Does Dungeon Siege activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Re: the client, if you use Adobe Air for anything (like Pandora desktop), it broke the Gamefly client and they have an update for it here: http://www.gamefly.com/support/gameflydigital/#.UEEGCNZlRNN

I kept launching it only for it to show up in running processes with no visible window. I grabbed the DS3 and QC and activated both on Steam without issue; also note that you don't need the client for games with Steam codes, as your purchase history on the website has the keys.

NBA 2k12 is tempting at $4 but not sure when I'd play it. Haven't bought a basketball game in several years though and don't have a current one on PC...hmmm.

[quote name='Das_Regal']This is the first thing I've bought from D2D after the Gamefly merger. Maybe this is a sign that their deals are actually back.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone actually been able to retrieve their old D2D games from the Gamefly site?

I'm pretty sure I followed Gamefly's instructions to the letter and none of my old games showed up.

When I emailed them about the problem, they wanted a mountain of personal info.

[quote name='KHASN']Has anyone actually been able to retrieve their old D2D games from the Gamefly site?

I'm pretty sure I followed Gamefly's instructions to the letter and none of my old games showed up.

When I emailed them about the problem, they wanted a mountain of personal info.[/QUOTE]

I have all my old D2D games in my GameFly account, yes.
I should note - I didn't buy many from them.

Most of them, though - they were Steam or Origin activated games.

[quote name='chrisflyer']Just wanted to confirm that Quantum Conundrum activates on Steam. The Gamefly client gives you a code.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get the code until I downloaded the game within the Gamefly client. Very annoying.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I couldn't get the code until I downloaded the game within the Gamefly client. Very annoying.[/QUOTE]

It's in the order history. No need to d/l the client.

that is a great price on Quantum Conundrum I bought it from Amazon for $9 shortly after it came out, played it for about an hour and then never got around to finish it, not because it was a bad game I just started playing something else and forgot about it #-o

[quote name='gldoorii']Does Dungeon Siege activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Yes, all copies of that game require Steam.

[quote name='sunghost']You can't get DS1/DS2 on Steam without buying DS3 directly from Steam.[/QUOTE]
This is not true. DLC for Steam games can only be bought on Steam if the game is in the same Steam account. So, if you buy a Steam game elsewhere, redeem it in your Steam account first, and then buy the DLC from Steam.

[quote name='KHASN']Has anyone actually been able to retrieve their old D2D games from the Gamefly site?[/quote]
Yes I have. I haven't bought from Gamefly, but I have about ten games from Direct2Drive. All show up in my Gamefly account. althought some are listed under the "Direct2Drive" tab so they can be downloaded outside of the Gamefly client.

Thanks for responding.

My D2D games still don't show up in my purchase history. I guess i'll send Gamefly another email.

Here's hoping they won't ask for 2 email addresses, my CC info, my home address, urine sample, etc.

[quote name='FU2']This is not true. DLC for Steam games can only be bought on Steam if the game is in the same Steam account. So, if you buy a Steam game elsewhere, redeem it in your Steam account first, and then buy the DLC from Steam.[/QUOTE]

This IS true. DS1&2 are not for sale individually on Steam, and it has nothing to do with dlc. The only way to purchase them is in a package that includes DS3.

[quote name='exopuppy']This IS true. DS1&2 are not for sale individually on Steam, and it has nothing to do with dlc. The only way to purchase them is in a package that includes DS3.[/QUOTE]
I thought you were referring to the DLC since it was a bundle.

What makes you think that DS1 & DS2 don't come with purchases of DS3 outside of Steam since DS3 requires Steam no matter where you purchase it? Have you ever redeemed a Steam code for DS3? Steam codes for some games from Amazon have included sometimes unexpected DLC like Dungeon Defender, Renegade Ops, and Duke Nukem Forever to name a few.

[quote name='FU2']I thought you were referring to the DLC since it was a bundle.

What makes you think that DS1 & DS2 don't come with purchases of DS3 outside of Steam since DS3 requires Steam no matter where you purchase it? Have you ever redeemed a Steam code for DS3? Steam codes for some games from Amazon have included sometimes unexpected DLC like Dungeon Defender, Renegade Ops, and Duke Nukem Forever to name a few.[/QUOTE]

I bought my DS3 code from Amazon a few months back when they first offered it for $5.00 and it did NOT come with DS1 and DS2 upon redemption. You only get them when purchasing DS3 directly through Steam.

[quote name='FU2']I thought you were referring to the DLC since it was a bundle.

What makes you think that DS1 & DS2 don't come with purchases of DS3 outside of Steam since DS3 requires Steam no matter where you purchase it? Have you ever redeemed a Steam code for DS3? Steam codes for some games from Amazon have included sometimes unexpected DLC like Dungeon Defender, Renegade Ops, and Duke Nukem Forever to name a few.[/QUOTE]

DS1 & DS2 aren't "DLC". The only way to get them on Steam is to buy the DS3 bundle on Steam, period. None of the keys bought elsewhere are going to give you DS1+DS2 on Steam.

[quote name='sunghost']DS1 & DS2 aren't "DLC". The only way to get them on Steam is to buy the DS3 bundle on Steam, period. None of the keys bought elsewhere are going to give you DS1+DS2 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, DS1+2 Steam Versions were said to NOT include the MP and also DON'T include the expansions, either (DS1 expansion = LOA; DS2 expansion = Broken World).

I have DS1+2 w/ their expansions from Retail.

[quote name='hal']It's in the order history. No need to d/l the client.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info. Saved me having to download another client.

Played about 90 minutes of Quantum Conundrum and love it. Not sure when I will find time for Deus Ex though.

[quote name='MysterD']If I recall, DS1+2 Steam Versions were said to NOT include the MP and also DON'T include the expansions, either (DS1 expansion = LOA; DS2 expansion = Broken World).

I have DS1+2 w/ their expansions from Retail.[/QUOTE]

That's true, there's an easy way to fix it so you can play the multiplayer in DS1 though. The only legit way I know of playing the multiplayer in DS2 is to install Broken World in the Steam directory for the game. It's still worth waiting for the bundle to be $7.49 again just to play the singleplayer for DS1 + DS2, and upgrade DS2 with the expansion later on. I look at it as getting a free bonus.

[quote name='sunghost'] It's still worth waiting for the bundle to be $7.49 again just to play the singleplayer for DS1 + DS2[/QUOTE]
It's not worth waiting on if you already have the two old Dungeon Siege games, have no interest in them, or if you want to play Dungeon Siege 3 now. While Dungeon Siege 3 will almost certainly be offered again in a sale bundle on Steam, it might not happen until the end of the year sale if then.

Also with the 20% discount, the game plus DLC from Gamefly is $6.

[quote name='MarkHawk']Quantum Conundrum for 3.00 bucks. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Not bad, indeed.

I played the demo and it felt good. And it's always nice to know that the game you bought won't be in an indie bundle in the future.

[quote name='sunghost']That's true, there's an easy way to fix it so you can play the multiplayer in DS1 though. The only legit way I know of playing the multiplayer in DS2 is to install Broken World in the Steam directory for the game. It's still worth waiting for the bundle to be $7.49 again just to play the singleplayer for DS1 + DS2, and upgrade DS2 with the expansion later on. I look at it as getting a free bonus.[/QUOTE]

Since I have them from Retail in their Complete Version, I probably could add my Retail complete versions of DS1+ LOA; D2 + BW and add it as a Non-Steam game (on Steam)...

I wonder why Square Enix didn't put up compete versions of DS1 + DS2.
Mad Doc (now Rockstar New England) developed LOA expansion.
Take-2 published DS2: Broken World, not Microsoft.
So, I wonder if the problems w/ the expansions being published lies w/ the original game dev's and original publishers...?

Thanks OP!. My computer wont be built for another week or so but really been wanting QC, so I grabbed it for $3, seemed like an excellent price. Considering grabbing JC2 cause I heard something about there being multiplayer in the PC version but still debating it

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Not bad, indeed.

I played the demo and it felt good. And it's always nice to know that the game you bought won't be in an indie bundle in the future.[/QUOTE]

I'm about half way through it now and I'm really enjoying it. The controls seem a bit floaty to me so I have had some deaths on platforming sections, but the checkpoints are very fair so its no big deal. Puzzles are really solid and I love the running commentary from the uncle. Best $3 game I can remember buying.

bread's done
Back