[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt know the $10 coupons don't stack with 25OFF.....that' throws off my cheap plans. I hate all these restrictions and i hate Amazon's promo credits only being valid for 2 months.

anybody know how you can use the free shipping coupon with the 25% off coupon??

theres only 1 box, sorry for the stupid question.

[quote name='Azurken']anybody know how you can use the free shipping coupon with the 25% off coupon??

theres only 1 box, sorry for the stupid question.[/QUOTE]

If the 25% coupon qualifies on your order, you're already getting free shipping.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's only a $4 drop, but I feel your pain :([/QUOTE]
Yeah; could probably call customer service to bug them for a credit, or order again and return the first one, but since I'm not a fan of either of those I'll just live with paying $4 more. Teaches me to wait longer next time. ;)
anybody know how you can use the free shipping coupon with the 25% off coupon??

theres only 1 box, sorry for the stupid question.
There should be a free 'value' or 'saver' shipping option on a $25 or more order regardless of coupons entered, once you get to the shipping options. If you're looking for free 3-day or less, no idea.

[quote name='Azurken']anybody know how you can use the free shipping coupon with the 25% off coupon??

theres only 1 box, sorry for the stupid question.[/QUOTE]

You will get free 3-day select shipping anyway, no extra coupon needed.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']GS $10 coupon blows. It doesn't stack with any other coupon/promo (not even a similar $10 coupon), online only (no damn in-store pickup, cmon) and the shipping is terrible if you go with the value (5-10 days?! are the employees delivering?). So if I have two $10 I have to place two different orders to actually use them. That is some funny shit considering I used close to $40 in Amazon promo codes, at one point, on 1 game without any restrictions and Free Release Date Shipping.

I think Gamestop is getting there, but they still have a lot of kinks to work out if they want to get the ball rolling like Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Even though value says 5-10 days, each time i order, i get games before 5 days. Having said that it may have been luck, but others have had the same luck. Also, it does suck to have to order separately...

So funny, used the BBV flips to buy RDR and SMG2 this week and now I get to buy the same games at a discount online, and get 20$ back. I guess I will be transferring the instore purchases for sure to different games now. GS I love you.

Yeah I haven't ordered from gamestop in a few years but I believe they have always been great with shipping. The best is when I reserved the gamecube from them and got it a few days before launch. So they are usually good with pre-orders and you will probably get it sooner than expected.

Caveat emptor: Demon's Souls is still listed on the page of games eligible for a $10 code, but the actual product page does not mention the code.

[quote name='worshipsf']You will get free 3-day select shipping anyway, no extra coupon needed.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

What gives you this impression? The 25OFF only takes 25% off the purchase of $100 or more, it doesn't cover anything regarding expedited shipping (unless the game you order/preorder specifically states other wise).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']:shock:

What gives you this impression? The 25OFF only takes 25% off the purchase of $100 or more, it doesn't cover anything regarding expedited shipping (unless the game you order/preorder specifically states other wise).[/QUOTE]

Probably because it say this on the front page of the website:

"Get your order in 3 days! Free ground shipping on orders over $65"

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6&loc=hometext

[quote name='worshipsf']^ This. If you are using the 25off coupon then your order is over $65. All of my 25off orders have shipped UPS 3-day select, as opposed to USPS which is the "value" shipping.[/QUOTE]

It's a guarantee? When I checked out last night there was no option for free 3-Day select...the only thing free was Value shipping (5-7 days)...

[quote name='stoned99']That was not an option for me, only the free 5 day, anyone else get the 3 day for free on orders > 100 using the 25off coupon. I'm thinking about calling CS and having them upgrade the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Edit... If my order is $65 or more and IN STOCK CURRENTLY ground shipping is showing up as free.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Edit... If my order is $65 or more and IN STOCK CURRENTLY ground shipping is showing up as free.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was just about to edit my post. You're correct, this promo only applies to CURRENTLY IN-STOCK merchandise (and as you said, orders totally $65 or more).

Unfortunately my order was for two preorders :(

[quote name='bigshooter']Anyone have any idea how long these sales normally last?[/QUOTE]

I believe the promo codes 15NEW and 25OFF end on the 30th-1st (Friday/Saturday).

The 80SAVE20 (Order of $80 or more, takes $20 off) ends tomorrow.

^Tyvm for the quick reply. I prob should have worded my question better but I was actually wondering how long do you expect some of these games to stay at $36 namely Demon's Souls and Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Funny, I was just about to edit my post. You're correct, this promo only applies to CURRENTLY IN-STOCK merchandise (and as you said, orders totally $65 or more).

Unfortunately my order was for two preorders :(

I believe the promo codes 15NEW and 25OFF end on the 30th-1st (Friday/Saturday).

The 80SAVE20 (Order of $80 or more, takes $20 off) ends tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all mine were pre-orders too but like someone said I think the free 5-10 day is actually almost always quicker than that.

[quote name='illennium']Caveat emptor: Demon's Souls is still listed on the page of games eligible for a $10 code, but the actual product page does not mention the code.[/QUOTE]

I called and asked about this. If you don't get one, call and they'll give you one, because it is on the page. Maybe a screengrab or something might help, but you should be ok to purchase it and get the code.

[quote name='joen05']I called and asked about this. If you don't get one, call and they'll give you one, because it is on the page. Maybe a screengrab or something might help, but you should be ok to purchase it and get the code.[/QUOTE]

The bonus is showing up on the page now, though it says "when you purchase Bioshock 2".

Copypasta fail. :p

[quote name='bigshooter']^Tyvm for the quick reply. I prob should have worded my question better but I was actually wondering how long do you expect some of these games to stay at $36 namely Demon's Souls and Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest until the codes expire. Seems like they are pushing quite a few promo sales lately, and this seems to be one of the better ones in recent memory. Either way, I wouldn't wait to make a purchase until AFTER the codes stop working.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'd suggest until the codes expire. Seems like they are pushing quite a few promo sales lately, and this seems to be one of the better ones in recent memory. Either way, I wouldn't wait to make a purchase until AFTER the codes stop working.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I guess I gotta catch this deal tonight. Thanks :)

[quote name='illennium']Has anyone received their codes yet? It's been more than 24 hours since some of my orders have shipped, and I have yet to receive a code.[/QUOTE]
I just emailed them about this. Hoping they send them out soon.

I'd like someone else to confirm it but I just called and they said that YES even if you order multiple copies of the same game you will receive multiple coupon codes.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Theres a stupid coupon for $20 off orders of $80. According to my kindergarten level math skills, I believe that's the same shit as 25% off :p

Someone will probably make 6 new threads about the same info in this single post. :p[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. But true to Gamestop form, they offer a less beneficial option for the uniformed. With that code any order over $80 only saves $20, so a $100 order becomes $80 instead of $75 with 25OFF.

This is a lot like their "trade 2 select games to get 'X' game for $20" and the TIV for most of those 2 games would get over $40 if done separately.

Theres a stupid coupon for $20 off orders of $80. According to my kindergarten level math skills, I believe that's the same shit as 25% off

true, but to $20 off $80 has to be in stock and the 25%off can be used on preorders.

[quote name='major morgan']You're right about that. But true to Gamestop form, they offer a less beneficial option for the uniformed. With that code any order over $80 only saves $20, so a $100 order becomes $80 instead of $75 with 25OFF.

This is a lot like their "trade 2 select games to get 'X' game for $20" and the TIV for most of those 2 games would get over $40 if done separately.[/QUOTE]

Well it really depends on what you want. If you are going to order something that is 80 dollars, the 20 OFF is better as you are paying 60 for what you want instead of 75 for what you don't want.

[quote name='Nesrie']Well it really depends on what you want. If you are going to order something that is 80 dollars, the 20 OFF is better as you are paying 60 for what you want instead of 75 for what you don't want.[/QUOTE]

True and that's the only reason I included it in the codes. I imagine not everyone wants to spend $100 to get a good deal.

Just got my first 3 codes (in one email). They expire 4/28/12.

I ordered more than one eligible item per order and received all of the codes without a problem.

[quote name='illennium']Just got my first 3 codes (in one email). They expire 4/28/12.

I ordered more than one eligible item per order and received all of the codes without a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so looks like they're valid for 2 years which is pretty good.

I just got my $10 Off code from my purchase of FFXIII earlier this week. The code won't stack with 10AUTO or 15NEW. What a bunch of garbage. Looks like I'll be returning the game to my local store when it arrives and picking up FFXIII for $30 at KMart next week.

ok, so my nier preorder arrived today, which was awesome cuz it only took 1 day later than release day.
but I also got my Afrika game today and it was bare bones. No cover art, no manual and this is after they 'guaranteed' the things on the page. Is there any way to recover from this fake guarantee? None of the gamestops near me have this game used so I can't get it there. I emailed [email protected] and said that I wanted them to remail me the cover art/manual but I doubt that will happen. I said they needed to do that or put the money back in my account because I paid for the guaranteed complete item, not 'disk only'. grrrr

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thanks so looks like they're valid for 2 years which is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is really good with online codes. I'm sure they will still work in 2 years. It's not like there are ever any glitches with their promotions. :roll:

[quote name='peanut_gallery']I just got my $10 Off code from my purchase of FFXIII earlier this week. The code won't stack with 10AUTO or 15NEW. What a bunch of garbage. Looks like I'll be returning the game to my local store when it arrives and picking up FFXIII for $30 at KMart next week.[/QUOTE]

I spent about 45 minutes of adding and removing the $10 code and adding and removing crap from my card to finally get the $10 code to work. fucking 10auto fucks everything up.

Ya I just tried my $10 coupon but it doesn't stack with 10AUTO. Guess I'm going to try to mess with it for a bit...

HI, I have a question....

What if you return your order IN STORE. Are they going to ask the $10 code back ??? What if you used the $10 code already on other orders ? How would they process the return ? anyone know. thanks

[quote name='joen05']I called and asked about this. If you don't get one, call and they'll give you one, because it is on the page. Maybe a screengrab or something might help, but you should be ok to purchase it and get the code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize it was also listed on the page of $10 coupons. I went ahead and made sure to email them with my request as I should've received a coupon for both Monster Hunter Tri and Demon's Souls. Also attached a screen print just in case to prove they're both listed on their website. Thanks again you just saved me $10 and made me even happier with my purchase!

Edit: Oh and my coupon also expires 4/28/2012. Very generous on their expiration dates *coughAMAZONcough* =)

I'm trying to get a fighting stick for SSFIV that's at a decent price. I received my $10 coupon code and I was able to stack it with 25OFF. Think that's the best deal or is there anything else better than that?

[quote name='sasuke543']I received my $10 coupon code and I was able to stack it with 25OFF.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no one else has been able to do this. Any tips for how to get them to stack?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I spent about 45 minutes of adding and removing the $10 code and adding and removing crap from my card to finally get the $10 code to work. fucking 10auto fucks everything up.[/QUOTE]

OMG, do you know how to remove it? I'm trying to get the 25OFF on a few preorders and I even emailed stupid helpdesk because the damned 10AUTO won't go away and cancels the 25OFF coupon as soon as I get to the payment page. If anyone knows please help? :D

I wants my preorders. :bomb:

Side note: My cart has an original value of $124.XX.

I too cannot get it to apply 25OFF to preorders. Anyone know how to get it to work (XBox 360 Alpha Protocol and Red Dead Redemption if it matters which games).

Edit: Aha... You cannot select store pick-up and have it work.

bread's done
Back